Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to the boards. I'm in the North eastern FL area. I'm on other forums mostly mustang and gun forums with the same handle. I can't tell you how long it has taken me to find an SUV I was happy with and how happy I am with my purchase. I was going to get a slowrunner, but I honestly hated the acceleration. Great vehicle, but the 5.7L paired with the WK2 was a winning formula for me. I needed something capable, but a pickup wasn't needed and didn't fit my lifestyle. For what I need this thing is perfect. I can get in and out of traffic, air down a little to go off road, or just tool around. Great vehicle so far.

Looking to learn and get some info for some mild mods (intake, corsa exhaust), and learn about my vehicle. I honestly couldn't find much on youtube during my research, especially on the V8.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
229 Posts
Welcome and the 5.7 V8 we have is pretty much identical to anything else in the FCA lineup (R/T trims) but slightly detuned.
  • Air Intake will get rid of the gigantic resonator and enhance the sound if you get an open box style filter. Might get you some power but nothing noticeable.
  • Exhaust is more for sound as it doesn't seem to add power from previous dyno results. Pick the one you like but Corsa seem to be the most popular.
  • ECU modifications aren't worth it unless you start down a path of forced induction.
Otherwise, accessories and enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts