Amber Instigator
3,186 Posts
57-1513-1 Plastic tube
77-1513KP Aluminum tube

IMO stick with the plastic. 4 more hp.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i put the plastic one on last week and it is awesome - makes the v8 sound the way it should. below 2500rpm everything is exactly the same but as soon as you push it past 2500rpm you will hear it growl. i can also feel more horsepower. however now my transmission cant keep up and a shift delay from 2-3 is happening causing it to rev too high in 2 occasionally (if i press the gas too fast). so my next step is to install the transgo reprogrammer kit. bottom line you will like the intake.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks good thanks for the pics was it easy to install

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Getting the old filter box unbolted was a pita because of the crazy design of the mounts plus the rust factor. After that the install was a breeze. You just need to figure out how to use the hardware meaning the nuts and bolts, because the instructions do not instruct you on that. Otherwise the instructions are good and there is not much to it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Getting the old filter box unbolted was a pita because of the crazy design of the mounts plus the rust factor. After that the install was a breeze. You just need to figure out how to use the hardware meaning the nuts and bolts, because the instructions do not instruct you on that. Otherwise the instructions are good and there is not much to it.
Sweet thanks so much for your input much appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
04 WJ Columbia Ed
980 Posts
I want to go with the plastic one... Is there a specific piece for the HO engine?

·
Registered
2013 JKU Sahara
3,887 Posts
I want to go with the plastic one... Is there a specific piece for the HO engine?
Same one works on the HO too....

·
Registered
2013 JKU Sahara
3,887 Posts
Sweet thanks for helping him out where did you get the cone filter cover and how much thanks
About $40 at Summit Racing...but you should be able to do better on Amazon. Summit P/N KNN-RF-1045DK. That's for the black one like I have. They have a few different color options. I RARELY have to clean my filter now. I just take this off, clean it and put it back on. Keeps the filter clean and dry.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.