Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I was inspired from a guy on a different forum to create my own thread for the mods I've done from the beginning. I really enjoyed reading his and hopefully you'll do the same with mine!

I've been working on setting the car up for Camping, and also a trip to Cape York (Australia) in June tis year!

Standard - The day we picked it up:

Start of the Mods - Mopar Rock rails, Chrome exhaust tip + rear pad surround + front lip, Custom LED Garage Door Button, LED DRL Bulbs, Prorack Roof rails, Mopar recovery hook:

Camping at North Stradbroke Island:

Nudge Bar Install (keeping the recovery hook!):

Fridge Slide / replacement floor (Thanks Scarps!!):

UHF Install (Uniden 7740 & AT870):

Removed the Chrome Fog surrounds (didn't like them!) then:
Suspension (Murchison Products 40/50mm lift) & Tyres (265/65/18 BF Goodrich A/T):

Mopar Skid Plates (Fuel tank x 2, Transfer case x 2, Front)

Hope the photos turn out ok, it was hard choosing a variety! - Note: I did try and rotate them all correctly but Photobucket keeps changing them?!
If you have any questions - fire away!
Kev.

·
The Negotiator
5,349 Posts
Looks good, congrats!

·
Registered
'14 wht/blu Overland
210 Posts
Looks great, and awesome job with the replacement floor/fridge!

·
Registered
Laredo
45 Posts
Kev,

What have you secured the tie down straps to, the spare tyre?

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Great photos, especially of underneath. Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kev,

What have you secured the tie down straps to, the spare tyre?
Hi Troy,

At this stage the straps are through the spare wheel. I do want to revisit this in the near future to see what else is possible - I do have a few ideas from when I stripped the car down but I just don't seem to have the time!

Kev.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hi kev, quick question, what sort of economy do you get out of the v6 towing the camper trailer, i do melbourne to ballaratt nearly every weekend and at the 110 kph speed limit i can regualrly get under 10L-100k. will be getting a camper trailer soon and curious to know what to expect.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I want to install the garage remote same as you as it looks great!! I've seen a couple of single line wiring diagrams and it looks pretty simple, but where did you source the button? Is it lit? Looks great and will be my next mod so any help is appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
Cherokee
1,809 Posts
I know this may seem simple... but you need to get a hold of the Overland grille or the Trailhawk Grille.... either or would make your Jeep look even more bad ass. Nice job. Is your fridge a mobile mini bar by any chance? LOL J/k

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I have thought about the grill - just not sure yet because I really want a full Bull Bar!

I had the Jeep out at a farm just west of Beaudesert last weekend.

Had a wicked time in the mud!!

Then on Sunday, too it to a car wash and then fitted the side rails to the rack, the canopy and the shovel holder:

Kev.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I want to install the garage remote same as you as it looks great!! I've seen a couple of single line wiring diagrams and it looks pretty simple, but where did you source the button? Is it lit? Looks great and will be my next mod so any help is appreciated. Cheers.
Hi Glenn,

I got the button off eBay (yes it lights up) and also a replacement garage door remote.

We've just packed the car to go camping so if I get chance later I'll grab a few detailed photos of what I did. If not I'll do it on Tuesday!

Kev.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hi Glenn,

I got the button off eBay (yes it lights up) and also a replacement garage door remote.

We've just packed the car to go camping so if I get chance later I'll grab a few detailed photos of what I did. If not I'll do it on Tuesday!

Kev.
Thanks Kev. Let me know the ebay link if you get a moment. Button looks like it should be there!! Great job!! Happy holiday. I've managed to get myself volunteered to be the wrong side of a paint brush all weekend. Freakin awesome 4wd and yet driving to and from Bunnings all weekend......

·
Registered
148 Posts
what size BFG's are you running? (ex: 265/65/17?)

·
Registered
Subaru Legacy
534 Posts
Then on Sunday, too it to a car wash and then fitted the side rails to the rack, the canopy and the shovel holder:
Nice lightning shot!

Nice truck, too!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts