Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a MY11 and the car just locked itself with the fob inside. The fob has come up with low battery but was still working. Any tricks to open the car???

Urgent help please!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
If the Jeep has the keyless passive entry open door handles, keep trying including the hatch.

If no success and no spare fob or key, might want to give a call to the local police or the local lock smith.
Most police depts. will come out and 'try' to get the door open with a slim jim.
A lock smith might try picking the door lock first.
If that don't work, its probably a call to the dealership.
Maybe someone else here has some other ideas.

This is one fear i have with these passive entry open door fobs.
Don't know about the '11's but my '18 fob has a detachable emergency door key which i keep on a separate key chain from the fob.
My fob never leaves my left pocket. The house, garage, barn, etc. including the emergency key are kept my right pocket.
Probably overkill but i won't ever get accidentally locked out of my Jeep....that is unless i get car jacked or robbed. haha!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, a 2.5 hour round trip to get the spare key solved the problem.

Seems the key fob battery decided to go flat, freaked out, locked the car. So it CAN happen.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Since as far back as I can remember I have always had a spare key taped or tied with a piece of wire and hidden somewhere under the vehicle. I pick a spot that is hidden from view and able to be reached without too much effort.
Both the 07 and 19 have a key cut to gain access to the inside of the vehicle. These keys will open the doors, set off the alarm, won't start the engine but will allow me to grab the keys locked inside. They're cheap money too since they're non-chipped.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts