Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, finally getting around to an intro and build thread.

I purchased this about 2 years ago as a graduation present to myself and have finally got around to doing somethings to it. I came from an Audi A4 that I had done a good amount of work on but needed something with more space and with 4 wheel drive. I'm happy to say the mod bug hasn't gone away (especially now that I have a real job) and I have finally got around to doing something things and have some future plans as well.

I'm going for an OEM+ look with some inspiration from trailhawks. So far I have put on 1.00 and 1.25 in spacers. Chrome delete using dark satin grey wrap on the badges, bezels, mirror covers and grills rings. Wrapped the window trim in matte black. Wrapped the roof rack rails in metallic black. Plasti dipped the lower fasica. Removed "Limited" badge. Installed Rhino Rack RSP27 rails.

All of the wrap was done by myself so its not exactly perfect in some places but I take pride in that I saved some money and did it myself. I plan on going back and fixing the minor mistakes in places now that I have more experience with it. Lastly, the lower fasica was plasti dipped since I felt this would handle wear and tear better than wrap but wrapping it in the future isn't out of the question.

Future plans include Rocky Road level, black "Grand Cherokee" badges on the side and a light bar. I have considered the ninja lighting for taillights but I haven't decided if I want to go that route or not.

Feedback is welcomed and appreciate. Stay tuned for more updates.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

I purchased this about 2 years ago as a graduation present to myself and have finally got around to doing somethings to it. I came from an Audi A4 that I had done a good amount of work on but needed something with more space and with 4 wheel drive. I'm happy to say the mod bug hasn't gone away (especially now that I have a real job) and I have finally got around to doing something things and have some future plans as well.

I'm going for an OEM+ look with some inspiration from trailhawks. So far I have put on 1.00 and 1.25 in spacers. Chrome delete using dark satin grey wrap on the badges, bezels, mirror covers and grills rings. Wrapped the window trim in matte black. Wrapped the roof rack rails in metallic black. Plasti dipped the lower fasica. Removed "Limited" badge. Installed Rhino Rack RSP27 rails.

All of the wrap was done by myself so its not exactly perfect in some places but I take pride in that I saved some money and did it myself. I plan on going back and fixing the minor mistakes in places now that I have more experience with it. Lastly, the lower fasica was plasti dipped since I felt this would handle wear and tear better than wrap but wrapping it in the future isn't out of the question.

Future plans include Rocky Road level, black "Grand Cherokee" badges on the side and a light bar. I have considered the ninja lighting for taillights but I haven't decided if I want to go that route or not.

I love that grey satin look offsets that black nicely!! When u say wrap what exactly u talking about? I don't like all the chrome on my limited either thought about plastidip but if there is another way I'm game!

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

By the way I also came from VW motorgroup had a 2013 gti since it was new and need a bigger and 4 wheel as my family is growing but I can't help but to want to modify my ride as VW and Audi are definitely addicting cars and hobbies

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love that grey satin look offsets that black nicely!! When u say wrap what exactly u talking about? I don't like all the chrome on my limited either thought about plastidip but if there is another way I'm game!

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

By the way I also came from VW motorgroup had a 2013 gti since it was new and need a bigger and 4 wheel as my family is growing but I can't help but to want to modify my ride as VW and Audi are definitely addicting cars and hobbies
I appreciate it! The wrap is 3M 1080 wrap. I bought it off Amazon, watched some YouTube videos on vinyl wrapping then just kind of went for it. It's not perfect like I mentioned, but it's a much better look than plastidip in my opinion.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks great, I like the gray!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts