Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 8 1/2 months of ownership, I finally managed to see a regen happening today.:D

I'm sure it has happened numerous times in the past but this is first time I happened to have the Stop/Start screen displayed on the EVIC when it kicked in. As you can see also, I'm in Park (when I took the pic) but the message still displayed, so not sure if it finished or not when I turned the ignition off.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
A hard bargain.
242 Posts
I have never seen that message. I've got the EVIC displaying the virtual analog speedo with green instant fuel economy numbers jumping about. What is one supposed to do when that occurs, if anything?

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never seen that message. I've got the EVIC displaying the virtual analog speedo with green instant fuel economy numbers jumping about. What is one supposed to do when that occurs, if anything?
Duckhunter - I think (looking at your garage) that you have a WK2 not a KL so you wouldn't have the stop/start option (sometimes referred to as Idle Stop on other brands) as a choice on your EVIC display. The WK2 does not have that feature.

On the KL, that is where the regen message appears because for obvious reasons, the S/S function is disabled whilst the regen takes place.

When the message appears, one doesn't do anything - except continue to drive (or not). It is an informational message only and you do get a similar message at times on the WK2.

There is a thread (a huge thread) about the regen of the Australian WK2 CRD's in the Export section of this site.

I have never had this message appear on our MY14 WK2 (build date - April 2013) Overland CRD (even before the mid-Dec update). I was however, the exception rather than the rule (but thankfully never entered Limp mode and the mid-Dec 2014 TSB appears to have corrected the issue anyway).

However, my KL has a build date of Sept 11th 2014 - a good 3 months before the WK2 DPF TSB was released. So I always had a niggle in the back of my head as to whether the KL CRD was going to be affected by the dreaded DPF Limp Mode issue.

I got excited when I saw the message on the EVIC - hence my post. I'm confident now that the KL will regen when necessary. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts