Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I'm looking into getting new wheels for the wk2... it's a 2015 limited 3.6L V6 (if that matters) and am looking into the
KMC XD820 GRENADE SATIN BLACK WHEELS

- Will they fit?? How do I choose the wheel size, bolt pattern and width? it gives me so many options and i'm lost? Espeically with offset! I tried to read up on offset and how to understand but i'm still confused and a terrible learned hahah.

I currently have 275/55/R20 BFG All Terrain KO2 tires as well...

ANY HELP IS WONDERFUL - THANKS ALL! (y)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just put the xd820's on mine, they are awesome.. I went with the 18's so I could get more tire... I used to have 1" spacers but didn't need them with the 820's... I don't do "tire math" I let the guys at the shop I bought them from figure that out..
IMG_20191112_153539.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm only having trouble with the "width" of the rim... it gives me an option for 9, 10 and 11 inches...

Yours don't have a deep wall??... where as these look like they are in set in the wheel.... are they the same? i'm terribly confused! Anybody that can help with the width or offset would be greatly appreciated as well. thanks for your input
chrisdm123! Your rig looks awesome!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Are you planning on using your current KO2's w/these wheels? The stock wheels are almost certainly 8" wide +56.4mm offset - bolt pattern on the wk2's is 5x5.

If you go wider on the wheel (and/or tires) from stock you need to make sure to have a lower offset to compensate for the added width to clear the inner suspension components but also that they don't stick out too much, unless you're into that look. Then you'd have to start thinking about suspension travel and whether the tires will hit the upper fender/wheel well if you go wider. Do you have the air suspension or a lift?

20x9 should be just fine and is a pretty common size. If you go wider you might end up pushing the boundaries of that 275 tire.

·
Registered
WK2 Diesel
57 Posts
Those are the same rims ive been running for a while, i went with XD Series Grenade 820SB 20x9 5x5 +18. Im currently running with nitto terra grapplers in 275/55r20.

·
Registered
WK2 Diesel
57 Posts
Heres a couple pictures from the front and the back. Sorry for the car being super dirty, weather here has been pretty crappy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts