Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any hemi owners willing to lend your 5.7hemi to Kooks Headers? They are located in Statesville, NC! Please give a call to Chris Clark at 704-768-2263

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they will fab up the headers, connecting pipes and exhaust and youll get the complete setup for free! Give Chris a call to set it up!

·
Registered
'14 KL Trailhawk
62 Posts
Now... if they're looking for a 2013 I'd have my fiancee drop mine off tomorrow! But I am assuming they want 11-12 for a specific reason.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
11-13's! BUT....theres no tuning for you as of now right? You may get a check engine until tuning can turn off the light. Talk to Chris.....tuning may not be required?

·
Rock N' Roll's Sophisticate/JG Co-Founder
Charger Hellcat
10,699 Posts
Headers lean out the A/F ratio at partial throttle and richer at WOT, so you need a tune.

·
Registered
'14 KL Trailhawk
62 Posts
Well that explains it all - not to mention I am overseas right now so I'm not around to do anything else to the Jeep.

Hopefully once I'm back I can see a tuning option available so I can finally enjoy my Jeep the way I intended to.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Headers lean out the A/F ratio at partial throttle and richer at WOT, so you need a tune.
all the new Kooks headers are "green" according to Chris and use Green connecting pipes. I know of one 12" SRT running ARH headers with no tune. But yes...generally they do require a tune and I would be 100% sure with Chris before installing on a non-tuned Jeep.

·
Rock N' Roll's Sophisticate/JG Co-Founder
Charger Hellcat
10,699 Posts
all the new Kooks headers are "green" according to Chris and use Green connecting pipes. I know of one 12" SRT running ARH headers with no tune. But yes...generally they do require a tune and I would be 100% sure with Chris before installing on a non-tuned Jeep.
Their cats are green. So they are 49 state legal.

But yeah tuning is needed for the headers.

·
Registered
181 Posts
When he is looking for a 14 to build headers for, let me know. I am in charlotte and would be more than willing to lend him mine and I will get a tune that works as well...

If I was to replace the exhaust in the next while, is there anything to think about with the thought of putting headers on at a later date? I suppose Kook could build a nice exhast too but I didn't see any for Jeeps.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When he is looking for a 14 to build headers for, let me know. I am in charlotte and would be more than willing to lend him mine and I will get a tune that works as well...

If I was to replace the exhaust in the next while, is there anything to think about with the thought of putting headers on at a later date? I suppose Kook could build a nice exhast too but I didn't see any for Jeeps.
These headers....connecting pipes and exhaust will fit the 14'. But as said above there is no tuning for 14s yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts