Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Vendor
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The group buy is starting to take off again!! Here at Koons we do all we can to make sure that the experience you have is the best! I'm proud of our ability to be a transparent and honest dealership.

I also understand that many are skeptical of such an easy purchase experience.

So don't take my word for it. I've started a thread to allow the members who purchase a vehicle from Koons to openly share their experience.

We aren't perfect but we do everything in our power to come as close as possible.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I'm going to throw this out there...contemplating going from the '14 I picked up via the group buy (one of the first, back in 2013!) for a 2016. Same deal we had before?

·
Vendor
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely, 7% under invoice plus tax, tag and processing. Let me know if you'd like me to put together out the door numbers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know how my experience on purchasing a 2015 Durango Limited with Blacktop package from Erica at Koons went. First off, Erica was straightforward with the numbers. I was very particular with what model, package, and color I wanted. She did not have this vehicle on the lot, but was able to find me the exact Durango I wanted within a few days. I drove down early on Superbowl Sunday from Jersey with my existing leased Grand Cherokee I was trading in. When I pulled up my Durango was freshly cleaned and sitting out front. This place is extremely nice, they had 3 Vipers sitting in the showroom. Anyway, I Walked in and met with Erica for a few minutes, went over the trade and started the paperwork. From the time I walked in and walked out including paperwork and trading in the lease took all of about an hour. This was by far the easiest and best experience I've had with a dealership. BTW I have a Jeep/Dodge dealership 5 minutes from me and I'd rather drive to Koons then deal with my dealership. I want to thank Erica and Koons for the easy process and great deal on my Durango.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just finished my 4.5 hour ride home in my Rubicon Hard Rock that I bought through this program.

Let me tell you, Erica and her sales staff (specifically Patrick) are 2 of the most honest and ethical people I have ever met in the car business.

We worked the entire deal over email and phone, including my trade. The communication was fabulous and instant.

I was very skeptical, and expressed this clearly, and Erica took all of the time necessary to calm my fears the best she could before I started out at 6AM this morning to drive the 4.5 hours from NJ down to VA. Let me tell you, it was 100% worth the trip! Everything was exactly as we had discussed. Erica even went above and beyond to find me a better finance rate than my credit union offered!

Patrick took the time BEFORE I got there to 100% inventory the vehicle and make sure it was prepped perfectly.

Other than a brief wait for the finance department, everything was handled with professionalism and class I haven't seen in a car dealership in a long time. Erica runs a tight ship!

Anyone who even comments on my Wrangler is going to get a glowing endorsement for Koons. It's worth the drive. Don't cheat and beat up your local dealer with this deal, just go to the source who is honest enough to put solid and reliable pricing right out front for you. You will NOT be disappointed.

ac

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm adding my 2 cents to the thread. I ordered a 2016 Rubicon on 02/04 only to realize 2 days later that I had mistakenly ordered it in the wrong color. I called Erica and she immediately started working on trying to modify my original order. Unfortunately once the factory accepts the order no color changes are allowed, so Erica offered to keep the original order as dealer stock and order me a new one in the exact color I wanted. Goes without saying that I am extremely pleased with the service I've received so far and can't wait for my Jeep to arrive later this week. Erica is a pleasure to work with and the price they offer through the group buy (7% below invoice) really can't be beat! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
So Yesterday was the day i got to drive 3 hours from New Jersey to Koons. After dealing with Erica Ramsey (Koons Jeep Garage Manager) for a few weeks as she was so patient with me as i love to make myself crazy looking over things and thinking about things too much.
I finally called on Saturday and made the deal official. So first when you show up the dealership is huge. They have Stock like you wouldn't believe. I walk in to meet Erica for the first time.
They have my Jeep sitting outside all cleaned and ready to Roll. She introduces me to Justin Sutherland (Salesman) this awesome salesman who even though he doesnt own a Jeep Wrangler this dude knows the Jeep like he did.
While i was working with Justin, Rob Kraus (Finance Guy) was working on my financing. I made this dude work hard to get me the best rate which he did. This review isnt anything that they asked me to do but i wanted to do as usually most people including me say buying a car should be so much fun but its usually a major Pain in the *** but with Jeep Garage and Koons this is the most enjoyable purchase i ever made and even my wife who hates car shopping cant wait to look for a Koons group deal for herself (she doesnt drive a Jeep) I am telling everyone that asks and even who dont that if they are looking for a Jeep or any car these are the people to use. Koons really Rocks!!!

I am the type who will rave when things are like they should be or above expectations. I will also rip you to shreads when you screw me over as i wrote a horrible -* review on my last Jeep dealership. If you like to read i will send if you pm.

Erica, Justin & Rob you guys ROCK

Attachments

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I suppose it says something that I've bought 2 Jeeps from Koons now within 3 years. I hate car shopping, I really do. Another local dealer soured me on it, that's a story for another day though. I didn't look at any of the other dealers when I bought this last one.

Process was as easy as last time. Walked in, met Erica and Shane, gave the Jeep a once over and drooled over the Hemi, signed a couple papers and then camped out in the lounge while finance did up my paperwork. 15 minutes to sign papers, transferred the stuff from my old one and out the door I went, not including the 20 minutes I sat in the parking lot getting everything set up and trying to find the sweet spot for my seat.

Hats off, again, to Koons for making my life 100x easier buying another car. The entire process, including ordering this Jeep instead of just picking one up off the lot (and the build quotes leading up to me choosing one), was superb. And I only had to wait about 4 weeks, instead of the 6-8 we thought it would be!

Reactions: fitti6

·
Registered
117 Posts
I suppose it says something that I've bought 2 Jeeps from Koons now within 3 years. I hate car shopping, I really do. Another local dealer soured me on it, that's a story for another day though. I didn't look at any of the other dealers when I bought this last one.

Process was as easy as last time. Walked in, met Erica and Shane, gave the Jeep a once over and drooled over the Hemi, signed a couple papers and then camped out in the lounge while finance did up my paperwork. 15 minutes to sign papers, transferred the stuff from my old one and out the door I went, not including the 20 minutes I sat in the parking lot getting everything set up and trying to find the sweet spot for my seat.

Hats off, again, to Koons for making my life 100x easier buying another car. The entire process, including ordering this Jeep instead of just picking one up off the lot (and the build quotes leading up to me choosing one), was superb. And I only had to wait about 4 weeks, instead of the 6-8 we thought it would be!
I think Erica and her people could make people who hate shopping for cars actually enjoy it. I tend to enjoy it myself but many dont because of the usual horrible service many dealers give people but Koons is a special dealer. I will be back again and again

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wanted to thank Koons, most importantly Erica, Tom, and John. I just took delivery of my JKU Sport this Saturday and the process was the smoothest car purchase I've ever experienced.

Unfortunately I didn't get to meet Erica because she was on vacation but I called Sat AM, Tom found my vehicle right away, assigned me a salesmen (John Dow), and picked right up for Erica knowing nothing about my deal! Sat was my first time ever stepping foot in the dealership, Erica took care of my order over email and the process was flawless. Top to it off both Tom (Sales Manager) and John (Salesmen) were Wrangler owners!!!

The deal is legit 7% under invoice with $559 admin fee, no strings attached!!! The inventory there is simply amazing! John said they typically have ~200 Wranglers on the lot and ~250 Grand Cherokees on the lot at any point in time. No matter how far away you are it's worth the trip to come to Koons and get your next car, they are top notch across the board!!! Thanks Erica, Tom, and John for an excellent experience!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wanted to thank Koons, most importantly Erica, Tom, and John. I just took delivery of my JKU Sport this Saturday and the process was the smoothest car purchase I've ever experienced.

Unfortunately I didn't get to meet Erica because she was on vacation but I called Sat AM, Tom found my vehicle right away, assigned me a salesmen (John Dow), and picked right up for Erica knowing nothing about my deal! Sat was my first time ever stepping foot in the dealership, Erica took care of my order over email and the process was flawless. Top to it off both Tom (Sales Manager) and John (Salesmen) were Wrangler owners!!!

The deal is legit 7% under invoice with $559 admin fee, no strings attached!!! The inventory there is simply amazing! John said they typically have ~200 Wranglers on the lot and ~250 Grand Cherokees on the lot at any point in time. No matter how far away you are it's worth the trip to come to Koons and get your next car, they are top notch across the board!!! Thanks Erica, Tom, and John for an excellent experience!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I 2nd everything you said 1000% its 7% for most wranglers just not speciality ones (Hard Rock and Such)

·
Registered
2 Posts
After not a single local dealer would be up front about leasing, and some were straight up committing fraud, we started talking to Erica about leasing and transporting an overland to us. She was responsive and patient and everything was as stated, no BS.

We wanted a 4x2 lease but she didn't have any available with the options we wanted, but she thought outside the box and suggested we lease a 4x4 as it would be nearly the same price. I was skeptical, especially after all the BS from local dealers, I figured she was just increasing the length to come up with the same monthly payments or some other thing. I was wrong, all the exact same terms and if I recall correctly a 4x4 overland that was $3k more ended up costing $500 more over the whole lease term, due to a higher residual and lower finance rate. She got us a better car sooner, for a great deal.

We then had it shipped to us 4 states away, even with the shipping it was a better deal then anything locally, it's probably that way most people within at least 1k miles.

·
Registered
117 Posts
After not a single local dealer would be up front about leasing, and some were straight up committing fraud, we started talking to Erica about leasing and transporting an overland to us. She was responsive and patient and everything was as stated, no BS.

We wanted a 4x2 lease but she didn't have any available with the options we wanted, but she thought outside the box and suggested we lease a 4x4 as it would be nearly the same price. I was skeptical, especially after all the BS from local dealers, I figured she was just increasing the length to come up with the same monthly payments or some other thing. I was wrong, all the exact same terms and if I recall correctly a 4x4 overland that was $3k more ended up costing $500 more over the whole lease term, due to a higher residual and lower finance rate. She got us a better car sooner, for a great deal.

We then had it shipped to us 4 states away, even with the shipping it was a better deal then anything locally, it's probably that way most people within at least 1k miles.

Koons rocks and no bs which is the best experience you can get when buying a car

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Registered
66 Posts

The vague idea I have gotten from forums is that while Koons is very competitive on purchase price they are less so on leasing. That never made sense to me because as I understand it leasing basically involves three maybe four variables of which two (at least for using Chrysler Capital) are fixed. Those are capital cost (which is purchase price negotiated essentially), trade in if applicable, residual and money factor. My understanding is that money factor and residual is set monthly by Chrysler Capital for specific states and models and a customers credit score. So If Koons is giving you a good Capital cost negotiated price, unless they just lowball trade-ins (which would affect a normal purchase equally), then a lease shouldn't be any different than any other dealer as the residual and money factor are set statewide?

Totesmygoat, were their money factor and residual any different than other dealers?

Erica, any idea why have I gotten this impression people consider leasing from Koon's a "less good deal?"

·
Registered
117 Posts
The vague idea I have gotten from forums is that while Koons is very competitive on purchase price they are less so on leasing. That never made sense to me because as I understand it leasing basically involves three maybe four variables of which two (at least for using Chrysler Capital) are fixed. Those are capital cost (which is purchase price negotiated essentially), trade in if applicable, residual and money factor. My understanding is that money factor and residual is set monthly by Chrysler Capital for specific states and models and a customers credit score. So If Koons is giving you a good Capital cost negotiated price, unless they just lowball trade-ins (which would affect a normal purchase equally), then a lease shouldn't be any different than any other dealer as the residual and money factor are set statewide?

Totesmygoat, were their money factor and residual any different than other dealers?

Erica, any idea why have I gotten this impression people consider leasing from Koon's a "less good deal?"

Question I have is first what type of car you talking about leasing as this makes a difference. A Jeep Wrangler have awesome resale value but sucks leasing so that's why I ask

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

·
Vendor
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I can't speak for the past, as I did not monitor Jeep Garage as I do now. I use the residual, rebates and money factor provided by Chrysler or Ally (One is typically better than the other).

Most leases that I have done, the consumer already is aware of the rates and residuals, so there is really no reason why a lease from us isn't as good as a purchase or any worse than any other dealership. :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I can't speak for the past, as I did not monitor Jeep Garage as I do now. I use the residual, rebates and money factor provided by Chrysler or Ally (One is typically better than the other).

Most leases that I have done, the consumer already is aware of the rates and residuals, so there is really no reason why a lease from us isn't as good as a purchase or any worse than any other dealership. :)
Does the 7% under invoice apply to leases as well?

·
Registered
2 Posts

This part specifically;

"So If Koons is giving you a good Capital cost negotiated price, unless they just lowball trade-ins (which would affect a normal purchase equally), then a lease shouldn't be any different than any other dealer as the residual and money factor are set statewide?"
This exactly, the 7% discount IS on the capital cost, so just like straight buying a car from them is 7% cheaper, so is leasing a car. To say it's "less then a good deal" to lease from them is rubbish, it's 100% equally as good of a deal.

Negotiating leases i exactly the same as purchasing a car, negotiate the purchase price, then check and make sure their finance rate and residuals are correct and there are no improper fees being tacked on. There are some additional legitimate fees with leases (over the top of standard fees like registration and battery/tire) such as an origination fee, again the dealer can not change this though, it's set be the leasing company and some parts of the year it's waived.

As for residual and finance rate, yes those are set by the actual leasing company and koons can't change that, nor can anyone else. However, they change based on the model. In my case the 4x4 had a higher residual and lower finance charge then the exact same car in two wheel drive, the net result was a better car at nearly the same price. It wasn't that she changed anything, it's just that she thought outside the box enough to actually check that.

A note on leasing, it's SO easy for dealers to screw you over if you don't understand, I had no issues with Erica, but other dealers did try. They can do things like use ally instead of chrysler capital, make the payments the same (by raising the price or rates), but without realizing it you're actually paying more because ally has a high rebate which results in front loading of taxes at purchase. Learn how it works and go straight to the federal disclosure forms when negotiating and be very wary of differences in rebates.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts