Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Jay
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am enjoying getting to know my recently acquired 2015 GC Overland. One problem I have noticed is that the front area of the window post and rear view mirrors is larger than I have experienced on previous cars. It is easy to lose vision when making a turn, so I have learned to be especially careful. Has anyone else noticed this? Other than that relative minor matter I love the car.

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
Yes absolutely, and at first I found it somewhat troublesome. After six months however, I think I my brain has programmed around it, sort of like getting used to new glasses.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I noticed the same here. When I’m making a left turn into traffic, I’m always concerned that I’ve missed something in that blind spot.

Put a pedestrian on the sidewalk who suddenly pops back into view as I’m making that turn and it still makes me pucker up for 1/2 a second.

·
Super Moderator
9,974 Posts
Many vehicles today have substantial A-pilars because of the strength needed to meet safety standards as well as support the more raked, aerodynamic body profiles that help with fuel economy. There are very few new or newer vehicles models you can buy that don't have this "feature".

This is actually one of the interesting potential applications for the "bending light stealth" creators in an article I read not that long ago. By putting the "bending light stealth" material on the inside of the A-Pilar, it theoretically disappears and what's behind it is constantly visible. :)

·
Registered
2014 JGC Overland
227 Posts
Yes, i was making slow left hand turn into parking spot and hit a pole sticking three feet up, needed new fender etc. this was when jeep was super new, and I never saw it due to window pillar and size if mirror. This jeep replaced a WJ.

I've learned to lean and look when making left hand turns, right hand dorsn't seem to be much of an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts