Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 GC and as of late every time it rains it leaks inside from the front driver and passenger sides. On the driver side the water is coming in from that handle bar thing with that little clip that can be open. If it's raining I can see water dripping from it and if I open the clip it's a waterfall. I check the weather strips and they don't look that bad so I don't know where it could be leaking from.. it's so bad that the water is dripping from the middle of the roof where the sunroof controls are located at. I don't think it's the sunroof because I see no water leaking from there. As for as the passenger side goes my carpet is always wet. I can see water leaking from the side of the glove compartment. The weather stripping on the passenger side is bad but I don't see water leaking from the top just the bottom.

I know it's hard to diagnose on a forum but is this something I should take to the dealer to have fixed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Recently experienced this in my '08 WK. Did some searches on this forum, concluded likely clogged front sunroof drain tubes (also concluded I didn't have time to mess with them myself). Took it to a dealer who confirmed and fixed, fine since. You can check yourself- open sunroof, sit on your center console, look for the tops of the front drain tubes. See if it looks like water is backed up there (it was very obvious in mine). If dry, you can spray some water in that area to see if it backs up. Hope this helps.
I washed the car today and did as u said and there was a puddle inside all the way across. It would explain why water leaks through the a pillars and the center console at top that controls the sunroof. I know it was from washing the car because I checked it before I washed and there was no water inside. Is there a fix for this other than taking it to the dealership?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update:

I used a wire hanger, straw and compress air to clean both drain holes for my sunroof. I poured a couple bottle of water from the back of the sunroof while open and it went into the drain and leaked out from the bottom of the car instantly. The passenger side I think there is a little more problem because after pouring a couple bottle of water inside the car I got a little drip coming from the handle bar thing. Hopefully it's just because I poured too much water there too fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts