Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
Overland
204 Posts
I took my Jeep in on 1/4/20 and they took the pictures and started the replacement process under x81. I’m still waiting; I’ve called every few weeks and can never get any kind of update. And that’s well before everything going on. Sucks because it’s killing my selling/trade in value right now.
I shouldn't have any effect on your trade value unless you're trading against another brand. If you're looking at trading on a newer Jeep, the dealership gets paid to replace the dash, no cost to them...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I said last month (March) but the bulletin might have been in February. Either way, Jeep is replacing the dash. They also said if you already paid out of pocket; contact them about a reimbursement.
the x81 bulletin was actually from back 12/18/2019 and mine was approved for replacement under it on 1/4/2020. I've called a few times but no updated and certainly things won't be moving now. Unfortunately trade in will not be with Jeep. Had to bounce to something bigger for 2 car seats and an adjustable second row.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the x81 bulletin was actually from back 12/18/2019 and mine was approved for replacement under it on 1/4/2020. I've called a few times but no updated and certainly things won't be moving now. Unfortunately trade in will not be with Jeep. Had to bounce to something bigger for 2 car seats and an adjustable second row.
Spoke with my service adviser this morning and was told it would be November/December of this year. Spoke with JeepCares and the confirmed that is true. Original estimates were end of August and that has since been pushed.

·
Registered
2020 GC Trailhawk
35 Posts
Spoke with my plant manager (work for FCA) back in November and explained the issue with the dash and that I had it repaired out of pocket months ago. Within 24 hours I received a call from headquarters in Michigan. They asked a few questions and I submitted some pics of the original invoice from the repair and I received a check for full reimbursement...no thanks to jeep cares on here. I tried to have them put me in for repair a couple of times over a year ago and not only did they decline the request, they stopped answering my messages. What a joke! Lol. Anyway, FCA stepped up and did what was right. Lodged a complaint against jeep cares and thanked the rep that helped me. Keep in mind that Jeep cares and Jeep customer care are two different things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit a month and a half ago (Nov 2014). So far, I am really enjoying the vehicle but I have noticed that the leather dash is coming unglued in certain areas. There is like a "ridge bubble" on the seam closest to the windshield and an even bigger area is right behind the driver instrument cluster. I did a search and found people who had 2012's have issues but I haven't seen anyone notice this with 2014 models. This alarms me because this thing is brand new and I don't even have 1500 miles on it yet. I'm not sure if it was like this when I bought it at the lot ... I never checked.....I was too busy marveling at all the fancy electronics..hehe

I included 2 pictures to show what I am referring to. I had my wife push down on one section so I'm not sure if you can see it really clear. Anyway, I was curious if anyone else has this issue on the 2014's because I find it hard to believe it is just my Jeep.

image url

photos upload
I had the same thing on my 2011 overland. I called cust service and kept complaining they finally had me go to a dealer and have the service manager take pictures he put in a claim for me and they approved it and did it at no charge as a good will gesture even though my jeep was 7 years old. I guess what they say sometimes goes. The squeakiest wheel get the most oil!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I had the same thing on my 2011 overland. I called cust service and kept complaining they finally had me go to a dealer and have the service manager take pictures he put in a claim for me and they approved it and did it at no charge as a good will gesture even though my jeep was 7 years old. I guess what they say sometimes goes. The squeakiest wheel get the most oil!!
Well, that plus there's a warranty fix on this that applies to 2011-2014 vehicles

121 - 128 of 128 Posts