Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I have a 2014 WK2 that has started bubbling since summer 2019 and has progressively gotten worse!!!!!!! Since it first started bubbling i took it to jeep dealer in Fort Worth, TX, and they said warranty doesn't cover cosmetics!!!
When did that dealer tell you that? There was an extended warranty on the leather dash that applied to the 2011-2014 model years. It began in Dec, 2019 and lasted for 6 months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2011 GC overland and I have a bubbling dash. I went to every dealership around MA and they would not fix it. In January 2020, I received a letter from Chrysler saying there was a recall on the dash. I immediately went to the dealership I bought it from ( Kelly Jeep), they inspected it and told me to come back in October and it would be fixed. I called in late September and the dealer told me to call Chrysler. Chrysler said it expired in June. I was furious. The dealer had the records so Chrysler said it would be fixed in December.
in December, I was told there were no dashboards available and it would be fixed in April. This is a lie as my repair shop called the Kelly dealership and they could get me a dash in 3 days. I have no belief that the dash will be fixed in April.
I would like to organize a class action against Chrysler for all dashboard issues. This isa horrible business decision by Jeep/Chrysler.
Count me in on the lawsuit if u get it going
ROFL why are you posting snap chats behind the wheel... how about focusing on DRIVING...?

Lmfao its called multi-tasking.... jk stop light bro.. or the occasional homeless street beef brawls u wanna record

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too began experiencing this issue on my 2014 GC Overland in August of this year. My Jeep only has 65400 miles on it. Took it in to the dealership and they told my that there was an extended warranty on the dashboard but it had expired in JUNE!! I was never notified of this and had I been I would have gotten it fixed immediately. I called Jeep cares and they told me to bad, the warranty is expired. Now I have a bubbled up dashboard that has caused my dash vent to come off and the defroster does not work properly. This is a safety issue and I feel it needs to be taken care of by Jeep. Like I said my Jeep only has 65400 miles on it and I would think that a $ 50,000 car would hold up better than this. Can anyone recommend another course of action I can take?
I'd like to follow any replies you get. I also have an Overland 2014 with 60k miles and the dash started bubbling 3 days ago. P.M. me if you get an answer!

·
Registered
18 Posts
About 3 or so months ago my leather dashboard on my 14 Overland started to become unglued and bubbling. Some days it was worse, some days better, most of the time big ass bubbles between the leather and the dash where it has unglued. I’ve owned a few cars in my life so far and not once have I ever had such an issue and I found it unacceptable that it should be happening on a 4 yr old car that was $50k when it was new. To my surprise, I found a ton of posts here on this site with other owners having the same issue with some getting it taken care off by their dealership and some getting it taken care of by Jeep Cares.

My problem was that I was at 102’ish K miles. Yes I drive a lot but essentially the car is still 4 years old and we are talking about a non mechanical item. Dealership said NOPE not covered but here’s how much it’ll cost you, the first person I spoke to at Jeep Cares denied the claim due to mileage. Let’s also keep in mind that at this point we are shopping for a replacement 2nd SUV and this can hinge our decision if we are going to a FCA product or going GM or Ford.

I have to give a BIG THANKS to Jeep Cares from this site. By this time I’m already at 104k and a trip planned to Canada that will add more mileage.I contacted Jeep Cares thru the forum and two months later it was approved for a full replacement. I will leave her name out of this but you don’t know how great it was too hear that Jeep/FCA will stand behind their product. Jeep Cares covered the full cost of my replacing the dashboard, set everything up with my dealership, all I had to do was make an apt and show up! Exceptional service and it’s also why we ended up buying a brand new 18 Durango GT last week. We will definitely be purchasing another Grand Cherokee when its time to replace this one. Thank you Jeep Cares!

View attachment 200413
I have a 2014 WK2 that has started bubbling since summer 2019 and has progressively gotten worse!!!!!!! Since it first started bubbling i took it to jeep dealer in Fort Worth, TX, and they said warranty doesn't cover cosmetics!!! I feel like this is something jeep should fix!!!! I bought the SUMMIT cause of the "Luxury's" but now it looks like a cheap ass car...my damn defrost doesn't even defrost properly anymore because the vents popped off.. (sure wish they worked during the snow storms we had here). I cant even post Snapchats cause the dash looks so ugly!!!! I have to zoom in on the camera before i record so the dash won't show up.. I'm low key embarrassed for people to see me rolling in this crap!!! I regret not getting the base model without leather dash!!! Smh... my dash is by far the worse ive seen on these forums... jeep cars has got to do something about this.. View attachment 233235 View attachment 233236 View attachment 233237 View attachment 233238
Obviously Kate didn’t give you any help with that? She just turned me down! WTF

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2016 SRT grand Cherokee. The only help I got was to pay around $2000 and they would fix it. The problem started at about 40,000miles and 3.5 years. I turned the offer down. I couldn't get over the fact that I spent $73000 on it 3 years before. There was no way I was going to spend another $2000 on it. The extended warranty that cost over $3000 wouldn't cover it either. On top of that, the carbon fiber inlays in the dash and door panels delaminate every year. I have had them all replaced at least once and am on round two for some. At least that has been recognized as a problem but the 5 year unlimited warranty on those pieces is up in one month. Time to sell! I will never buy a Jeep again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same issue 2014 Overland. NEVER received bulletin or notice. 4th jeep weve owned. Maybe its time to switch.
I am done with Jeep forever. I was going to be done with FCA forever but I got the hellcat Durango bug and will be getting my Durango in a week. I hope to have better luck. Maybe with stellantis new ownership things will get better. I know it won't but just maybe.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee 2018 wk2 sterling edition
2 Posts
Same thing have a 2014 overland lightly used one owner 73k miles never had an issue.Actually it’s my mother in laws and has 74k miles 2014 sterling edition never had an. Issue besides this called jeep cares told them when time frame of letter issue hadn’t started but did start 3 months ago as car is rarely driven and garage kept single owner. Anyways she is good friends with mingled and Tice law firm in Charleston sc who one the huge tobacco lawsuit and are now representing consumers against the HUGE takta air bag suit and are willing to take this on as a class action suit against FCA,Mopar and Jeep Chrysler which I believe in these times is the last thing they need if they don’t fix……going to make one more cAll to supervisor tommorow if not resolution. They will take over at that Point….just an update for all jeep owners and jeep Cares/or responsible “[email protected] to resolve for consumers affected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in class action. How do we get involved? I have exact same issue and have been going back and forth with the dealership for 2 YEARS. Constant run around and evasion when asked for details on the order. I have called Jeep cares and they may (or may not) be looking into the issue with the dealership. Regardless we are probably never buying from FCA again. Probably just a dealership issue, but if you can't count on support from the dealership network, the brand doesn't matter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am a medical student, so I cannot afford to have repair done. I have been in school my whole life, while working part time to save up for this car. The dealership said it would be over $1K :/ I am hopeful Jeep will help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
About 3 or so months ago my leather dashboard on my 14 Overland started to become unglued and bubbling. Some days it was worse, some days better, most of the time big ass bubbles between the leather and the dash where it has unglued. I’ve owned a few cars in my life so far and not once have I ever had such an issue and I found it unacceptable that it should be happening on a 4 yr old car that was $50k when it was new. To my surprise, I found a ton of posts here on this site with other owners having the same issue with some getting it taken care off by their dealership and some getting it taken care of by Jeep Cares.

My problem was that I was at 102’ish K miles. Yes I drive a lot but essentially the car is still 4 years old and we are talking about a non mechanical item. Dealership said NOPE not covered but here’s how much it’ll cost you, the first person I spoke to at Jeep Cares denied the claim due to mileage. Let’s also keep in mind that at this point we are shopping for a replacement 2nd SUV and this can hinge our decision if we are going to a FCA product or going GM or Ford.

I have to give a BIG THANKS to Jeep Cares from this site. By this time I’m already at 104k and a trip planned to Canada that will add more mileage.I contacted Jeep Cares thru the forum and two months later it was approved for a full replacement. I will leave her name out of this but you don’t know how great it was too hear that Jeep/FCA will stand behind their product. Jeep Cares covered the full cost of my replacing the dashboard, set everything up with my dealership, all I had to do was make an apt and show up! Exceptional service and it’s also why we ended up buying a brand new 18 Durango GT last week. We will definitely be purchasing another Grand Cherokee when its time to replace this one. Thank you Jeep Cares!

View attachment 200413
@JeepCares - can you please help me? My vehicle started doing this as well. I’ve shelled out thousands on so many issues with my jeep grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 200413

THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!!! I have a 2014 Overlandland with the exact same problem....with only 64K miles. Why this has not been a recall is beyond me. Your posting has given me some faith that Jeep Cares. Will see. Thanks again. Mark

·
Registered
137 Posts
THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!!! I have a 2014 Overlandland with the exact same problem....with only 64K miles. Why this has not been a recall is beyond me. Your posting has given me some faith that Jeep Cares. Will see. Thanks again. Mark
he made that post in 2018. When there was an active extension coverage policy on it. You’re almost 5 years too late now 😂🤣

21 - 38 of 38 Posts