Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read this on another forum:

Jeep just released a warranty bulletin today related to the leather dashboards on our trucks. It covers model years 2011-2014. Per this bulletin, they can replace the dashboard (leather and upper carrier) under warranty after inspecting it.

Here's the catch............

The warranty coverage is good for 6 months from the date that the bulletin is issued. It was issued TODAY (12/18/19), meaning that it needs to be looked at BEFORE June 18th!!!

Don't snooze on this!!!! My saddle colored dash is driving me nuts! Now there seems to be an avenue to get it fixed.

Call your dealer with your VIN# to see if it's covered. In the dealer's Warranty Coverage Area, it would need to show "X81" to be covered.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My ‘14 is getting progressively worse and I stare at it every time I get in. Had been thinking about pulling it and recovering myself, but hopefully I won’t have to. Will do some checking on this.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hi @LeroyJMC,

We would like to assist with this. Please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can have a case escalated for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I just read this on another forum:
Hi RoadiJeff,
We would like to confirm that FCA has released a limited time extended warranty (X81) to address "Leather Instrument Panel (IP) Cover Delaminating" on 2011 - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokees. This extended warranty is applied pending dealer diagnosis. We recommend reaching out to your dealers if you believe this applies to your vehicle.

JeepCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very happy to see this. Have a dealer appointment next week for annual inspection on my '14 Overland, and asked for a repair quote for the dash delaminating issue as well. Will definitely inquire about this. Thank you for posting!

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is good news, glad to see it ... finally! When my 2014 Overland was in for a recall last week, I showed this to them, and mine is within the affected range, so I just need to take it back within 6 months. Service manager said this dash part can be hard to get delivered without damage, so I suggested they order a black one first, then let me know when one arrives that has no damage or defects and I'll schedule the appt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got a notice in the mail today ! Have an appointment for them to take photos on Sat. to get dash ordered for my 2011 Overland ! Great News !!

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Interesting. I was one of the lucky people that convinced Jeep to fix mine a couple years ago. They did charge me my deductible for my maxcare though. I wonder if I can get the deductible back. Probably not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
JGC Overland
24 Posts
I was in same boat (paid deductible thru maxcare) but at the time it felt like win for me. Highly doubt we have any recourse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Darlene

I also have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee purchased new from Boniface Heirs Jeep in Merritt Island FL. The car is now in Asheville with my daughter as I just purchased a 2019 Grand Cherokee. The dash is also delaminating. How can I get this resolved?

Doug M

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Darlene

I also have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee purchased new from Boniface Heirs Jeep in Merritt Island FL. The car is now in Asheville with my daughter as I just purchased a 2019 Grand Cherokee. The dash is also delaminating. How can I get this resolved?

Doug M
Hi Doug,

You can send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer once you have an appointment to have your Jeep diagnosed. We are happy to provide an additional layer of support while at your dealer. You could also have your daughter call Jeep Customer Care at 877-426-5337.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
GC Overland 5.7 hemi
131 Posts
Hi RoadiJeff,
We would like to confirm that FCA has released a limited time extended warranty (X81) to address "Leather Instrument Panel (IP) Cover Delaminating" on 2011 - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokees. This extended warranty is applied pending dealer diagnosis. We recommend reaching out to your dealers if you believe this applies to your vehicle.
View attachment 221002
JeepCares
What about us Jeep owners outside North America with torn leather IP ?

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,082 Posts
Is this for original owners only?
I just received a letter from FCA concerning this and it sounds like they are applying to extension to all who presently own 2011-2014 JGC 's that have the leather dash.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts