Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

181 - 200 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have been waiting all year, called today and they said that they still haven't been allowed to order parts and maybe February, Makes me feel a little better seeing others waiting too. I don't trust my dealership though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm still waiting as well. Took my 2014 JGC Overland to the dealership last January (2020) and am still waiting. Pics were taken of my leather dashboard and I was put on the list to have parts ordered and the repairs made. Still waiting...very frustrating, as the dash is getting worse and the dash vents starting to pop up/off as well. Come on Jeep.
Has anyone actually had their dash replaced yet? I took my Grand Cherokee Overland Edition to the dealership back in January of last year (2020) and was told there would be a six week lead time for the dash replacement. After six weeks, I was told the replacement dash wouldn't be released until October. After October, I was told the dash replacement would be released in December (2020). Now it is January 2021 and I am being told the replacement dash won't be released until April 10th. I can only assume they mean April 10th 2021, but I can't be sure at this point. It is beyond frustrating.
At least you were told April... I took my jeep in and it was approved and ordered in January 2020... was told 5 months, then it was October, since then I have not been able to get a date from the dealer. Called the FCA customer service today and was told 10-12 additional months! I'm at a 2 year lead time now from when I first took it in. At this point I don't think they have intensions of replacing it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just read this on another forum:
Have the same problem with my 2014 Overland...... took it to the dealer about the same issue (Dashboard) was told they are no longer offering repairs for this issue. Never received a recall / extended warranty notice. Now have to come out of pocket for this issue 😒.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I contacted Jeep dealer Jan 2020 regarding warranty extension letter and was told the service department would get back to me once part was in stock, which might be 5-8 months. BTW, the dashboard had already been replaced once under original warranty. Throughout 2020 I checked every 90 days and was told to be patient, due to the pandemic things were backed up. In Jan 2021, I brought my 2012 Jeep Overland in for service and was told to contact Jeep corporate office regarding the extension letter. They provided a service estimate of $1800 for recommended maintenance issues, but not sure I want to go back to Greenway Jeep Orlando to have brakes, etc. work done there.

. I called every 3 months

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,196 Posts
I contacted Jeep dealer Jan 2020 regarding warranty extension letter and was told the service department would get back to me once part was in stock, which might be 5-8 months. BTW, the dashboard had already been replaced once under original warranty. Throughout 2020 I checked every 90 days and was told to be patient, due to the pandemic things were backed up. In Jan 2021, I brought my 2012 Jeep Overland in for service and was told to contact Jeep corporate office regarding the extension letter. They provided a service estimate of $1800 for recommended maintenance issues, but not sure I want to go back to Greenway Jeep Orlando to have brakes, etc. work done there.

. I called every 3 months
I've been following this thead, even though my 2014 Overland has not had the problem. I'm coming to the conclusion that, if it does develop it, I may just take the Jeep to an upholstery shop and have it fixed right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone actually had their leather dashboard fixed? I was actually assigned a 'case manager' from Jeep, but no specifics on when the parts required to to make the fix will be available...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I called my Jeep case manager and was told that parts have actually been shipped to the Jeep dealership that took my vehicle to for evaluation and pictures last January 2020. I will follow up with my dealership and see if they have an expected receipt date of the parts and when I might be able to schedule the repairs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anybody actually gotten theirs replaced? Mine was diagnosed over a year ago and I’m still being told the part is not in. The funny thing is if I wanted to pay full price for it which is $2700 and pay full price for labor which is more, I could have it in three days! So the way that it was explained to me is that Chrysler went back to the manufacturer that they got it from and is making them pay to replace it for being defective. And all of the recall ones have to come directly from this manufacturer and they are being slow to say the least. I am working with my local dealership to see if they will let me go to upholstery shop and be reimbursed, but I’m not holding my breath. I just like to know if anybody has actually got theirs fixed under the warranty?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone actually had their leather dashboard fixed? I was actually assigned a 'case manager' from Jeep, but no specifics on when the parts required to to make the fix will be available...
No, I’ve been waiting over a year. My jeep service manager is trying it for a few other ways to get it fixed for me, and I’m waiting to hear back. I offered to take it to a private upholstery shop if they would reimburse me. I think I can get it done for a few hundred dollars. Chrysler has that Dash for my truck listed is $2700 and that does not include labor. The way that it was explained to me was that Chrysler went back to the actual manufacturer of the dash because it was defective. So the actual manufacture of the dash is the one responsible for shipping the replacements for the open recall. If you want to pay cash for it you can Get it right away. But if it’s under the recall they have to get it specifically from this original manufacturer who is taking their time to say the least. They agreed to replace them, but they didn’t give a time for when they had to have it done. Mine has been over a year. I’m a little annoyed to say the least. I’m hoping that my service manager can work something out. I’d also like to know if anybody has actually had theirs replaced under the warranty?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi @LeroyJMC,

We would like to assist with this. Please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can have a case escalated for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
I would like to piggy back on the above message. I have a
Hi @LeroyJMC,

We would like to assist with this. Please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can have a case escalated for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
I would like to piggy back on the above message. I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 115,000 miles, (VIN: 1C4RJFCT5CC222534), Dealer is Hampton Chrysler Jeep (Hampton, VA). I have the same problem with my Leather Dash. I received an extended warranty letter in December 2019. I went to my dealer and had pictures taken and sent to FCA. Since then I have heard nothing. Have called my dealer many times and they have no idea when it will be fixed keep telling me to call FCA. Called FCA and they told me to call dealer. Need help.
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi @LeroyJMC,

Darlene
Jeep Cares
I have a 2014 also Overland did all the pictures signed up over a year ago. I was approved. Now I call customer Jeep care they called the manager at the dealer. That I have to work with him he knows nothing about this. I'm getting the runaround. She said I had to work with him because the car is out of warranty wait what? I sent her back an email and told her it is under warranty I got approved before the deadline. No reply nothing. I know the dealers do the repairs but I have to deal with Jeep customer care. You think that they would have some record of me since since the dealer sent the pictures in and what not. Might have to roll up my sleeves on this one. I hope not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, I’ve been waiting over a year. My jeep service manager is trying it for a few other ways to get it fixed for me, and I’m waiting to hear back. I offered to take it to a private upholstery shop if they would reimburse me. I think I can get it done for a few hundred dollars. Chrysler has that Dash for my truck listed is $2700 and that does not include labor. The way that it was explained to me was that Chrysler went back to the actual manufacturer of the dash because it was defective. So the actual manufacture of the dash is the one responsible for shipping the replacements for the open recall. If you want to pay cash for it you can Get it right away. But if it’s under the recall they have to get it specifically from this original manufacturer who is taking their time to say the least. They agreed to replace them, but they didn’t give a time for when they had to have it done. Mine has been over a year. I’m a little annoyed to say the least. I’m hoping that my service manager can work something out. I’d also like to know if anybody has actually had theirs replaced under the warranty?
I've been waiting for over a year after being approved. Now they act like they don't know what I'm talkin about. I'm getting very pissed off. Call Jeep care they called the manager at the dealer. Sent me a reply said I have to deal with the manager cuz the car is out of warranty. Wait what? I signed up before the deadline and was approved. Been to a couple dealers either they don't know anything about x81 or they say everybody's waiting. I think over a year is sufficient time. They're waiting for people to get rid of the cars or something. I'm not buying another one of their product till this is repaired. I keep wasting my time going down there and the dealer won't call me and tell me anything. Ridiculous

·
Registered
2001 JGC Overland
24 Posts
I've been waiting for over a year after being approved. Now they act like they don't know what I'm talkin about. I'm getting very pissed off. Call Jeep care they called the manager at the dealer. Sent me a reply said I have to deal with the manager cuz the car is out of warranty. Wait what? I signed up before the deadline and was approved. Been to a couple dealers either they don't know anything about x81 or they say everybody's waiting. I think over a year is sufficient time. They're waiting for people to get rid of the cars or something. I'm not buying another one of their product till this is repaired. I keep wasting my time going down there and the dealer won't call me and tell me anything. Ridiculous
I’m in the same boat. Got “approved” for the repairs over a year ago. Was told parts wouldn’t be available until Oct. 2020. Called back and was told Jan. 2021. Called back and they couldn’t find any record of what I was talking about and the service manager is was working with previously was no longer employed their. I dug up and provided the original service order when i first took it in with the letter to get the pics and approval and they then told me they are still waiting for the parts, but couldn’t provide an ETA. I am at a loss of what to do. Had my wife call and get an estimate and and an ETA to get this fixed (without “knowing” about the warranty and just paying cash) and she was told 3-5 days.

Just pissed at this point. This was our 3rd Jeep and she wants it fixed to trade in for another one, but I can’t see us buying Jeep again at this point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree DDD!!

I have been trying to get mine fixed since I received the extended warranty letter in December of 2019. I have been to two different Jeep dealerships, have had 2 case files open and closed through Jeep customer care and have gotten nowhere. I am being told that I just have to wait because of COVID they are extremely backed up in manufacturing this part. I was initially told it was going to take 4 months, then 6 months, now I am told up to a year. Well, it has already been a year, so this means another year...maybe another year after that?! Who knows! I feel like we are all getting the run around here and I have serious doubts that Jeep has any plans to fix the dash. I'm frustrated beyond belief with Jeep.

I contacted a lawyer who said that it could possibly be a class action law suit if we have enough people in the same circumstances. Here is what they lawyer said "Hi Stephanie, I ran it by my car guy/ lemon law and he doesn’t see a case. I suppose you could make a breach of contract case out of it but what’s weird is that they aren’t saying they won’t honor the contract they are saying they just can’t. My only thought in this is search this issue and see if other are having similar issues and there may be a class action lawsuit out there. Sorry."

There is always strength in numbers!

·
Registered
2001 JGC Overland
24 Posts
I agree DDD!!

I have been trying to get mine fixed since I received the extended warranty letter in December of 2019. I have been to two different Jeep dealerships, have had 2 case files open and closed through Jeep customer care and have gotten nowhere. I am being told that I just have to wait because of COVID they are extremely backed up in manufacturing this part. I was initially told it was going to take 4 months, then 6 months, now I am told up to a year. Well, it has already been a year, so this means another year...maybe another year after that?! Who knows! I feel like we are all getting the run around here and I have serious doubts that Jeep has any plans to fix the dash. I'm frustrated beyond belief with Jeep.

I contacted a lawyer who said that it could possibly be a class action law suit if we have enough people in the same circumstances. Here is what they lawyer said "Hi Stephanie, I ran it by my car guy/ lemon law and he doesn’t see a case. I suppose you could make a breach of contract case out of it but what’s weird is that they aren’t saying they won’t honor the contract they are saying they just can’t. My only thought in this is search this issue and see if other are having similar issues and there may be a class action lawsuit out there. Sorry."

There is always strength in numbers!
I would be ok with waiting and being patient if there truly is a delay due to COVID.

However, I don’t believe there is such a delay due to the fact they can repair it immediately if not being done via warranty parts are readily available if you are paying out of pocket.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just found this forum and thought I would add my name to the list of disappointed Jeep owners. It sounds like my story is similar to others. I was approved over a year ago for the repair. The dealer kept telling me the parts wouldn't be available for X number of months. I continued checking in with them over the past year but was always told the same thing. Now the dealer is ignoring my emails and not returning my calls. The only thing they've done for me is given out an 800 number for Chrysler for me to call, but when I do no one seems to know anything about the repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,
It appears that I'm late to the game. I would argue that I was actually both early and late. However, in trying to work through my particular case Chrsyler has been less than helpful- and as a long time customer I'm very disappointed. In way of brief background, I purchased my Overland in 2014 and by October of that year it was at the dealership getting the delaminating dashboard replaced. Unfortunately that "fix" was only temporary as I did it again back in 2017 and paid the deductible. A few months ago it began delaminating for a 3rd time and this time I was told that is too bad as you missed the brief period of time when Chrysler would have helped you. I guess the dealer wants between $3500-$4000 to replace. I own a 2019 as well (e.g. loyal customer). But lesson here for me is to move to another vehicle on based on my numerous conversations with customer service.

181 - 200 of 201 Posts