Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi all,
Just to update - after getting my dashboard approved for replacement back when the letters went out over a year ago, i was just advised my new part is at the dealership and scheduled for install in a couple of weeks.
I'll believe it when i take it in and actually see the part! :) Will keep you posted after repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 Jeep with the same problem. Dealer was great but no luck from Jeep on getting the dash fixed. Was told to call jeep at 1-800-399-2668 and file a report. Hope enough of us do we we can get this covered

·
Registered
7 Posts
2012 WK2 Overland owner. Currently approved for the dashboard replacement and fuel pump relay recalls however, it's been over a year waiting on parts. I've called the dealer every 3 months to inquire, including today. Was told to check back in a month to see if the parts have arrived. If the parts aren't available by May, I'll start calling the number above. Thank you to everyone who has posted and who reads this post!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2014 Overland with the same problem and waiting for the schedule. Last year, dealer called me that part is at the dealer and scheduled for install after approved for replacement my dashboard. I went there but that was wrong information. I was so disappointed. But, I believe the dealer will schedule me again soon hopefully.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last week I was FINALLY able to get my dash repaired...

I'd been hassling a dealer every couple of months for over a year. They kept pushing the repair out months at a time claiming the parts weren't available. As a matter of fact, a week ago they told me it would be at least December before the parts were available. Of course, I'd already heard this same lie many times before. Amazingly, only one day after telling me this I get an email saying they're ready to replace my dash. When I asked the service rep what had suddenly changed, she told me because I was considered a "persistent customer" she decided to escalate the matter to upper management, and they, in turn, reached out to a regional rep. Interestingly she slipped up and told me they had five other customers waiting for the same repair. It sounded to me like those customers were going to have to keep waiting.

This dealership was not friendly most of the time especially after they realized I wasn't going away. They even started ignoring my emails after a while. But every time I'd ask for a supervisor or threaten to come in they would suddenly email me back with some new timeline hoping to push me out a few more months.

The lesson here is these dashes are available and it is possible to have them repaired. But for some reason, the dealers are avoiding it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have been trying to get my 2016 JGC overland dash repaired for over a year now. It was barely out of warranty when i called US Customer Care and i was asked by Ron to get an estimate from the dealer for repairs before they reimburse me from corporate. Ron from US Customer care told me to get the estimate and email it to him. I did, and was promptly declined a warranty extension and fix for the delaminating dash on my PREMIUM TRIM ( ha ha) JGC as it is out of warranty. waste of my time Ron at US Customer care!!! FYI the cost under warranty repair would have been $1500. Pity that a large corporation cannot afford $1500 to keep a customer.
It is disappointing that this is a known and common problem that was remedied in previous vehicle years with a warranty extension to fix this manufacturer defect and the 2016 year will not be remedied.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been having this issue with my 2014 for quite some time now. I think I did receive that letter but can't remember when. Are they still fixing this issue? The very front of my dashboard is lifting even more now, it's horrible. Not sure where to start!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been having this issue with my 2014 for quite some time now. I think I did receive that letter but can't remember when. Are they still fixing this issue? The very front of my dashboard is lifting even more now, it's horrible. Not sure where to start!
There was a warranty fix for this issued in 2019 (scroll through these posts I’m sure there is a link somewhere) for 2011-2014 model years but I think you had to fix it within six months of the warranty extension date. Maybe Jeep Cares would extend it for you? They didn’t do a thing for me but I have a 2016 model year. Worth a shot!

201 - 208 of 208 Posts