Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
201 - 220 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi all,
Just to update - after getting my dashboard approved for replacement back when the letters went out over a year ago, i was just advised my new part is at the dealership and scheduled for install in a couple of weeks.
I'll believe it when i take it in and actually see the part! :) Will keep you posted after repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 Jeep with the same problem. Dealer was great but no luck from Jeep on getting the dash fixed. Was told to call jeep at 1-800-399-2668 and file a report. Hope enough of us do we we can get this covered

·
Registered
7 Posts
2012 WK2 Overland owner. Currently approved for the dashboard replacement and fuel pump relay recalls however, it's been over a year waiting on parts. I've called the dealer every 3 months to inquire, including today. Was told to check back in a month to see if the parts have arrived. If the parts aren't available by May, I'll start calling the number above. Thank you to everyone who has posted and who reads this post!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2014 Overland with the same problem and waiting for the schedule. Last year, dealer called me that part is at the dealer and scheduled for install after approved for replacement my dashboard. I went there but that was wrong information. I was so disappointed. But, I believe the dealer will schedule me again soon hopefully.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last week I was FINALLY able to get my dash repaired...

I'd been hassling a dealer every couple of months for over a year. They kept pushing the repair out months at a time claiming the parts weren't available. As a matter of fact, a week ago they told me it would be at least December before the parts were available. Of course, I'd already heard this same lie many times before. Amazingly, only one day after telling me this I get an email saying they're ready to replace my dash. When I asked the service rep what had suddenly changed, she told me because I was considered a "persistent customer" she decided to escalate the matter to upper management, and they, in turn, reached out to a regional rep. Interestingly she slipped up and told me they had five other customers waiting for the same repair. It sounded to me like those customers were going to have to keep waiting.

This dealership was not friendly most of the time especially after they realized I wasn't going away. They even started ignoring my emails after a while. But every time I'd ask for a supervisor or threaten to come in they would suddenly email me back with some new timeline hoping to push me out a few more months.

The lesson here is these dashes are available and it is possible to have them repaired. But for some reason, the dealers are avoiding it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have been trying to get my 2016 JGC overland dash repaired for over a year now. It was barely out of warranty when i called US Customer Care and i was asked by Ron to get an estimate from the dealer for repairs before they reimburse me from corporate. Ron from US Customer care told me to get the estimate and email it to him. I did, and was promptly declined a warranty extension and fix for the delaminating dash on my PREMIUM TRIM ( ha ha) JGC as it is out of warranty. waste of my time Ron at US Customer care!!! FYI the cost under warranty repair would have been $1500. Pity that a large corporation cannot afford $1500 to keep a customer.
It is disappointing that this is a known and common problem that was remedied in previous vehicle years with a warranty extension to fix this manufacturer defect and the 2016 year will not be remedied.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been having this issue with my 2014 for quite some time now. I think I did receive that letter but can't remember when. Are they still fixing this issue? The very front of my dashboard is lifting even more now, it's horrible. Not sure where to start!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been having this issue with my 2014 for quite some time now. I think I did receive that letter but can't remember when. Are they still fixing this issue? The very front of my dashboard is lifting even more now, it's horrible. Not sure where to start!
There was a warranty fix for this issued in 2019 (scroll through these posts I’m sure there is a link somewhere) for 2011-2014 model years but I think you had to fix it within six months of the warranty extension date. Maybe Jeep Cares would extend it for you? They didn’t do a thing for me but I have a 2016 model year. Worth a shot!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
Just to update - after getting my dashboard approved for replacement back when the letters went out over a year ago, i was just advised my new part is at the dealership and scheduled for install in a couple of weeks.
I'll believe it when i take it in and actually see the part! :) Will keep you posted after repair.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi all,
Update... Got the new dash installed and it came out good as new! Took the dealership one day to install.
My only question is does anyone know if they remedied the manufacturing issue that caused it previously with these new parts or can we expect more of the same?

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
2,068 Posts
My only question is does anyone know if they remedied the manufacturing issue that caused it previously with these new parts or can we expect more of the same?
I would invest in a high quality sunshade for the windshield. I'm on the original dash on my 2015 and have used the sunshade since day one from Spring to Fall. I also have the visors on the door windows and crack them for ventilation. Sunroof sunshade is never open unless the car is running.

Lots of 303 Aerospace Protectant on the dash as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Update... Got the new dash installed and it came out good as new! Took the dealership one day to install.

View attachment 234108
i have read that some that get it repaired it bubbles up again after 2 years. however i have a 2016 overland and i will tell you they did not fix the defect and have not issued a warranty extension for 2015 model years and beyond, to my knowledge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2015 Jeep with the same problem. Dealer was great but no luck from Jeep on getting the dash fixed. Was told to call jeep at 1-800-399-2668 and file a report. Hope enough of us do we we can get this covered
keep trying! i call at least weekly. they say that since my case was closed they cant reopen it and the decision to not fix because the warranty is out is final. do not let them close your case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with the same problem. Purchased in February 2021 with only 46k miles. Called the 1-80 number to file a report and was told that the extended warranty has expired. If this was covered previously and the prior owner did not have it fixed or was unaware of the service bulletin, Jeep should still cover these since they are a known problem that they have previously corrected for other owners. If a class action is filed, I would like to be inluded.

·
Registered
6 Posts

View attachment 234108
That looks awesome! I've contacted my dealership and they told me not until after January 2022 to have the part(s) to fix my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland!! How long was it between the time you brought your Jeep in for pictures and making the claim before this fix was completed? There has got to be a faster way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Last week I was FINALLY able to get my dash repaired...

I'd been hassling a dealer every couple of months for over a year. They kept pushing the repair out months at a time claiming the parts weren't available. As a matter of fact, a week ago they told me it would be at least December before the parts were available. Of course, I'd already heard this same lie many times before. Amazingly, only one day after telling me this I get an email saying they're ready to replace my dash. When I asked the service rep what had suddenly changed, she told me because I was considered a "persistent customer" she decided to escalate the matter to upper management, and they, in turn, reached out to a regional rep. Interestingly she slipped up and told me they had five other customers waiting for the same repair. It sounded to me like those customers were going to have to keep waiting.

This dealership was not friendly most of the time especially after they realized I wasn't going away. They even started ignoring my emails after a while. But every time I'd ask for a supervisor or threaten to come in they would suddenly email me back with some new timeline hoping to push me out a few more months.

The lesson here is these dashes are available and it is possible to have them repaired. But for some reason, the dealers are avoiding it.
Hi Bryan, can I ask in what State you had your Jeep dash repaired? I have been waiting for well over a 1 1/2 years and the date I am told the dealership will have parts keeps getting pushed out (by months and months) every time.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
8 Posts
My dealer told me to kick rocks. My 2014 is doing it but not too bad...yet. Possibly repairable. If class action suit is done count me in! Option 2 buy a dash for a limited/Laredo and install, avoid this issue all together/save money?

·
Registered
60 Posts
That looks awesome! I've contacted my dealership and they told me not until after January 2022 to have the part(s) to fix my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland!! How long was it between the time you brought your Jeep in for pictures and making the claim before this fix was completed? There has got to be a faster way.
I got it approved and on order in Feb 2020, and part arrived and installed in April 2021.
In all honesty, there was some point between Covid delays and then the Stellantis deal, that I had started to assume they will never fulfill the replacements and compensate some other way. So, I was pretty shocked when I kept asking the parts dept and then one day they finally said it's here!

201 - 220 of 299 Posts