Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
221 - 240 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
8 Posts
How do I make a claim for my buckling dashboard? I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland?
I spoke with jeep cares they told me I’m screwed. Going to call Chrysler tomorrow and let them know when it comes off while I’m driving and crash it’ll be on them. Lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
WOW!!!... just Got on the website To research Our dashboard problem with our 2014 Overland, This is my seventh Jeep vehicle and we currently own two Jeep products but I have never seen so many customers affected, can anyone point us in the right direction to start the process?.... Thanks Kyle and Pam

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
2,037 Posts
WOW!!!... just Got on the website To research Our dashboard problem with our 2014 Overland, This is my seventh Jeep vehicle and we currently own two Jeep products but I have never seen so many customers affected, can anyone point us in the right direction to start the process?.... Thanks Kyle and Pam
No process to start. The extended coverage expired. Research the Toyota/Lexus peeling/cracking dash issue for an even bigger debacle. Although Toyota handled is much better...

·
Registered
GC Overland
9 Posts
I had seen the recall for our 2011 Overland prior to the expiration date and submitted a claim with my local Jeep dealer (M&L in Lexington). It's now been almost 18 months and today my wife brought the Jeep in for an oil change and asked for an update. At this time there is NO ETA according to the dealership. The dealership had shown us proof of the claim on their computer system when we went in for the last oil change, so we know we're on the list. But we're ready to sell the Jeep and without a new dash, the value has plummeted. Hard for me to imagine a rather common part would not be available for a recall after all this time. With all the issues we've had with this and other Grand Cherokees, we've made the decision to never buy a Chrysler product in the future. We're moving on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Darlene, I just came across this forum and I am having the same problem. Apparently I am 2 MONTHS outside of the extended warranty and my dashboard is peeling up immensely. After 3 calls to Jeep and two very rude customer service representatives I was finally told there is nothing they will do for me and that I should talk to my local dealership (already did and they said they would only be able to replace the entire dash which would be very costly). I can’t believe I have to ride around with an Overland that looks this terrible. I’m beyond upset.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I contacted our Jeep dealership when I received the notice a year ago and they told me the dashboards were backed up and had no idea when they'd arrive. Said they would call when they did. No call. Then covid hit and my daughter had the car out of state while in college where she stayed DURING covid and just returned. I called to schedule an appt for this repair and was told it expired. While I had a very nice rep who transferred me 'up the line' to see if an exception could be made, none was. This is beyond frustrating and disappointing. How do you just extend for 30 during a pandemic?!? Currently owners of two Jeeps and may be the last two we purchase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feel so much better hearing everyone else's complaints that pretty much mirror my situation. After all, Misery Loves Company! Has anyone else thought of calling their local news investigative reporter? I'm really tempted but I just don't want to be on camera. Also I didn't get any of the promises documented in writing. I just assumed that they were making a record of it as they were typing and telling me that they would give me a call as soon as the backorder is filled.
I got scammed once buying a used Honda Accord but after I repaired all the problems it was an awesome ride! I've owned 8 vehicles including my Honda and this is far and away the worst I've ever had. The only thing "Premium" about the Overland is the price. My dash looks like a wave pool, every piece of wood trim except the one in this picture has peeled off, and transmission issues. slipp

·
Registered
6 Posts
How do I make a claim for my buckling dashboard? I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland?
Hello, contact your nearest Jeep dealership (does not have to be where you purchased your Jeep). Hopefully you received a letter some time ago from FCA (Fiat Chrysler) indicating the issue and an extended warranty. The Jeep dealership will take photos of the de-laminating dashboard and make the claim for you. Here is the key: KEEP PERSISTANT WITH THE ISSUE AND HAVE THE DEALERSHIP ESCLATE THE ISSUE. DO THIS WEEKLY (OR MORE FREQUENT). I just had mine fixed today (June 14, 2021) and it looks like new. It was beyond frustrating with the delays, but until I kept calling, only then did it get resolved. This is apparently a widespread issue with Jeeps in the 2011-2014 range, and Jeep knows it. Shame on them, but mine did eventually get the attention and fix it needed. My Jeep is also a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland edition, and it really needs to look new, not rippling. Stay on it and hopefully yours get repaired soon.

·
Registered
GC Overland
9 Posts
All: per the original FCA notification dated 12/18/19, in order to receive the extended warranty (dash replacement) you had to notify FCA within 6 months of that date. I just reviewed a copy of the one I received to confirm this. Anyone attempting to take action on the dash after that 6 month period will be SOL. And to respond to one of the other posters above, if you search online you will find videos of this problem posted by news stations roughly a year or 2 ago. And to echo what he also said, our wood trim is pretty much just dropping off in pieces and/or pulling away from the dash and doors. Incredibly poor excuse for workmanship and even worse customer service. However, anyone who is so inclined can shell out about $3,000-$4,000 for a new dash and the friendly folks at your local Jeep dealer can get this done for you in a jiffy. Funny how the dashes are available for a price. Also, per the local dealership, this warranty is NOT transferrable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi @LeroyJMC,

We would like to assist with this. Please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can have a case escalated for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
I’m curious. I’ve been dealing with this for a long time. Now they’re telling me they haven’t started even making the part for this. Is this true? I’m all signed up with the dealer this was about a year and a half or more ago. Has anybody got theirs repaired or are they lying to me?

·
Registered
GC Overland
9 Posts
Joseph; my personal experience is similar to yours in that we know we're on the dealer's list to get the dash. But it's been 18 months or more and no ETA for the repair. The dash is the same one they've used in Grand Cherokees since 2011 I believe. I have read on this forum and others of some people getting their dash replaced. But I can count that number on one hand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for help here! I have a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the same delamination issue that you all have discussed. However, not only has the recall/extended warranty "expired" but it doesn't cover 2016 models. I called Jeep Customer Care and they told me to have the Jeep Dealership to call and request that our vehicle be included in the recall/extended warranty. Now the Dealership is saying for me to call and start a claim, I told them no, that they really need to help as they have direct contact with the manufacturer. They have agreed but I am also looking for what more can I do about this? I think it is completely ridiculous that this isn't just a covered issue since it is a know manufacturer defect and we have all paid extra for the Overland trim package.

Looking for some advice, direction, help, guidance. Jeep Customer Care, PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same issue, i call every 2 weeks to get updates and lodge a complaint. now about to send snail mail to corporate. i did get an estimate in october per JCC's request but they denied a warranty extension for 2016 model year. Now all i hear from JCC is " oh it was already denied there is nothing we can do." Awful "customer service" for a premium product.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Like many of you, I took my gc overland to my local dealer to immediately have pictures taken and get approval. Got the approval, been waiting since December 2019/January 2020 and no clear answer. I've been told a lot of the same timeframes as I've read on here. I mentioned to them that I've read of some getting it done already, they basically say there's no way. Lol
I also called Chrysler 2-3 weeks ago and told by them that they haven't sent out any yet. It's so frustrating and discouraging, especially when we're considering 2021 L.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi @LeroyJMC,

We would like to assist with this. Please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can have a case escalated for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
I purchased my Jeep grand cherokee in December on 2019. I was never notified of the warranty on the dash and my is peeling up. Is there anything I can do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Like many of you, I took my gc overland to my local dealer to immediately have pictures taken and get approval. Got the approval, been waiting since December 2019/January 2020 and no clear answer. I've been told a lot of the same timeframes as I've read on here. I mentioned to them that I've read of some getting it done already, they basically say there's no way. Lol
I also called Chrysler 2-3 weeks ago and told by them that they haven't sent out any yet. It's so frustrating and discouraging, especially when we're considering 2021 L.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dealer took pics of my GC overland in January 2020. I’ve been waiting since then and followed up multiple times with Chrysler. Last time I heard from them was 19 July 2021 telling me that I still have to wait another 10 to 12 months because the replacement dashboards turned out to be also having the same problem! Did any one hear the same?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I purchased my Jeep grand cherokee in December on 2019. I was never notified of the warranty on the dash and my is peeling up. Is there anything I can do.
What is the model year of your Jeep?

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi RoadiJeff,
We would like to confirm that FCA has released a limited time extended warranty (X81) to address "Leather Instrument Panel (IP) Cover Delaminating" on 2011 - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokees. This extended warranty is applied pending dealer diagnosis. We recommend reaching out to your dealers if you believe this applies to your vehicle.
View attachment 221002
JeepCares
Hi,

2012 Grand Cherokee Overland

My dealership took photos of my dash & a replacement was approved.
It came in damaged & now I have been waiting a year & still waiting.

It looks pretty bad now.

Anybody else have this issue?

Dave

221 - 240 of 286 Posts