Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
241 - 260 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I've just noticed my dash board on my 2014 Grand Cherokee overland is peeling and wrinkling. I've only been financing the car for a few months now. The dealership sold it to me as is with no warranty which was fine because mechanically nothing is wrong with it (that I know of). I've seen people get theirs fixed and I'm just wondering what my course of action should be? Any info you can provide me with will be a great help. Thank you.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7
3,879 Posts
Th
Hello, I've just noticed my dash board on my 2014 Grand Cherokee overland is peeling and wrinkling. I've only been financing the car for a few months now. The dealership sold it to me as is with no warranty which was fine because mechanically nothing is wrong with it (that I know of). I've seen people get theirs fixed and I'm just wondering what my course of action should be? Any info you can provide me with will be a great help. Thank you.
You needed to make the claim between around mid December 2019 to July 2020. The letter only aloud the claim for that period of time otherwise you'll need to write the check yourself to get it fixed. Plenty of detail info on it in this thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Th

You needed to make the claim between around mid December 2019 to July 2020. The letter only aloud the claim for that period of time otherwise you'll need to write the check yourself to get it fixed. Plenty of detail info on it in this thread.
So anyone who bought the vehicle after then is screwed? Seems pretty ridiculous.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7
3,879 Posts
So anyone who bought the vehicle after then is screwed? Seems pretty ridiculous.
Yep pretty much, you could try contacting jeep and trying but they will likely tell you to pound sand. But equally ridiculous is for people that did make the claim to be told 2.5 years to wait on parts lol. A few of us have got it but most of us sit and wait with no end in sight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just spoke with local dealer, can confirm that the new estimated date is June 2022. This is getting ridiculous! Of course , the best guess he had was factories are still being effected by covid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland: I purchased in 2016/2017. I noticed the dashboard bubbling on the driver side a couple years ago. During this time, I was moving and starting a family. The bubbling has become so much worse, it has spread across the entire dashboard. I reached out to Jeep and I informed them that I read that an extended warranty was mailed out in 2019, but I never received it. They are now telling me that the warranty and mileage has expired!! They suggested that I take it to my dealer, but they will probably just give me a quote. I purchased a top of the line because of the comfort and looks and hoping it would last for years. I shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars to fix the Jeep I already paid a lot of money for. I am so disappointed in Jeep. I have only purchased Jeeps since I was 18. I am now 38 and I will never buy another Jeep. I am sooooo aggravated that Jeep refuses to fix their factory issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exactly the same problem, I was waiting since 2019 first for submit the claim because dealer was really busy, finally January 2020 the submit the claim for my 2014 grand Cherokee overland dashboard and I call at least 3 times waiting for my appointment, last March 2021 the dealer committed have my replacement by the end of July, I just call the dealer and they state no parts received and other 12 costumers still on front of me. Costumer service send me back to dealer is terrible the way Jeep Corp and dealers just drop the ball between each other.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My ‘14 is getting progressively worse and I stare at it every time I get in. Had been thinking about pulling it and recovering myself, but hopefully I won’t have to. Will do some checking on this.
Just started checking to see how to deal with my quickly peeling dashboard that just started within the last month on my 2012 Jeep GC Overland v8. Please direct me on what to do thank you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just started checking to see how to deal with my quickly peeling dashboard that just started within the last month on my 2012 Jeep GC Overland v8. Please direct me on what to do thank you.
replace it at your own cost of live with it... its a nearly 10 year old jeep at this point. no vehicle is bulletproof

·
Registered
2 Posts
"My 2014 Overland with the same problem and waiting for the schedule. Last year, the dealer called me to that the part is at the dealer and scheduled for install after approval for the replacement of my dashboard. I went there but that was the wrong information. I was so disappointed. But, I believe the dealer will schedule me again soon hopefully."

I received a phone call few weeks after I posted above, The lady gave me the name and Phone number that will take care of my issues, so I called and spoke with Aron and the message was will contact me as soon as updated, But until today no one called me. Even they ignored my phone call. I left a message with the customer service lady who said, she will let Mr. Aaron will call me back which was promised but never happened.

Mr. Aaron, I know you are a very responsible and care person since I had service from you, I appreciate you and your team." You always provided great service and quick response when I need. Thank you very much! Please update my dashboard replacement status at this time. I am writing here because It is hard to get an answer from Virginia Chantilly, @ Auto park Grand Cherokee dealer Customer Service.

Respectfully,
Seonim Cho 703-539-9856 ([email protected], [email protected])

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this warranty extension still active. My 2014 GC overland dash looks horrible. Started delaminating about 4 months ago. Bought used with certified used warranty. Shameful you send so much money on a nice truck and this happens

·
Registered
83 Posts
He in
So I pay more for "premium trim" that will just destroy itself within 100K miles. Seems pretty pathetic to me.
Did you buy it new?
If not that kinda invalidates your claim and even if you did your jeep is over 6 years old. Be glad it’s a peeling dash and not a rotted frame. Jeep owes your nothing for a physical deformity that far out of warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you buy it new?
If not that kinda invalidates your claim and even if you did your jeep is over 6 years old. Be glad it’s a peeling dash and not a rotted frame. Jeep owes your nothing for a physical deformity that far out of warranty.
Wow I feel sorry for you if that's your perspective on things.
Yeah, I'm glad it's not a rotting frame but that doesn't mean I'm gonna be happy about my dash that I had to pay a premium for starting to bubble and peel. This is very clearly a well known problem.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wow I feel sorry for you if that's your perspective on things.
Yeah, I'm glad it's not a rotting frame but that doesn't mean I'm gonna be happy about my dash that I had to pay a premium for starting to bubble and peel. This is very clearly a well known problem.
No need to feel sorry for me. You’re the one with the 8 year old vehicle that you believe Jeep should still be repairing physical deformities on. They are nice enough to offer a goodwill extension you missed the boat that’s just how it is.

jeep filled the rockers with foam on all WJs and they are known to rot out, guess Jeep should be replacing the rockers on every 20 year old jeep free of charge for their 2nd and 3rd owners because clearly they paid jeep new prices for them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No need to feel sorry for me. You’re the one with the 8 year old vehicle that you believe Jeep should still be repairing physical deformities on. They are nice enough to offer a goodwill extension you missed the boat that’s just how it is.

jeep filled the rockers with foam on all WJs and they are known to rot out, guess Jeep should be replacing the rockers on every 20 year old jeep free of charge for their 2nd and 3rd owners because clearly they paid jeep new prices for them.
Whatever you say, guy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Whatever you say, guy.
It’s not what I said “guy”, it’s what you deliriously believe “guy”.

Manufacturers must build bulletproof products and take care of issues well out of warranty because you’re unhappy with your USED purchase that you paid 1/2 of what it was new and jeep didn’t get a dime from for the sale of....

Jeep should also be responsible for replacing the frame on every YJ because they are known to rot out. Forget the fact they are out of warranty!

Come on...

241 - 260 of 299 Posts