Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
261 - 280 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
It’s not what I said “guy”, it’s what you deliriously believe “guy”.

Manufacturers must build bulletproof products and take care of issues well out of warranty because you’re unhappy with your USED purchase that you paid 1/2 of what it was new and jeep didn’t get a dime from for the sale of....

Jeep should also be responsible for replacing the frame on every YJ because they are known to rot out. Forget the fact they are out of warranty!

Come on...
Whatever you say, guy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi RoadiJeff,
We would like to confirm that FCA has released a limited time extended warranty (X81) to address "Leather Instrument Panel (IP) Cover Delaminating" on 2011 - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokees. This extended warranty is applied pending dealer diagnosis. We recommend reaching out to your dealers if you believe this applies to your vehicle.
View attachment 221002
JeepCares
My 2012 overland has this problem and jeep should fix it. It is ridiculous that jeep customers pay good money for what they are thinking is a quality investment and jeep puts a time limit for us to reach out about jeeps poor quality. Do better. This is obviously on your end jeep. I wanted a newer jeep but wanted to keep my current but they don't take care of their customers when it's obviously on their end.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2012 overland has this problem and jeep should fix it. It is ridiculous that jeep customers pay good money for what they are thinking is a quality investment and jeep puts a time limit for us to reach out about jeeps poor quality. Do better. This is obviously on your end jeep. I wanted a newer jeep but wanted to keep my current but they don't take care of their customers when it's obviously on their end.
Be careful, if you complain about something that should very clearly be covered on jeeps dime, Mr. Keyboard warrior Neckbeard slateblue is gonna call you a millennial and try and hurt your feelings. 🤣

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Hi, Stevie. Have you brought this to the attention of your dealer yet? If so, they would have discussed with you any routes for repair that may be available to you. If you have any further questions, we are in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi RoadiJeff,
We would like to confirm that FCA has released a limited time extended warranty (X81) to address "Leather Instrument Panel (IP) Cover Delaminating" on 2011 - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokees. This extended warranty is applied pending dealer diagnosis. We recommend reaching out to your dealers if you believe this applies to your vehicle.
View attachment 221002
JeepCares
This is my first forum post EVER…

2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Ecodiesel.
Currently 60k miles.
X81 Warranty Extension started 12/19 for 6-mo expired June 2020 (COVID became a problem in March 2020).
Dash is delaminates exactly as shown in pictures on Service Bulletin.
COVID prevented me from going to dealership to address this issue. Dealership limited hours. Uncomfortable and needless to tackle during height of COVID (95 year old grandmother at home under my care)
Contacted FCA in November 2020 to request that they honor. Replied via email that they would not.
Have called FCA numerous times and they continue to refuse to honor the dash replacement.
Also own a 2019 Wrangler Rubicon, a 1999 Cherokee, and a 1983 CJ7.
Luxury package and the dash that I stare at every day looks like crap.
Unless I get some help then I guess my next step is small claims.
Insight anyone?
Jeep Cares: please assist so that I feel good about buying these Jeeps in the future. You’ve put me through misery with all of the Ecodiesel issues. Time to step up and do the right thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,
I'm new here. Just trying to get some help on what options are available to me on this leather top dash replacement.
I reached out to Jeep customer care, case # 80283170, for help, but they said it's out of warranty.
Here's the history.
I recently purchased from a private owner, 8/17/21, this 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Ecodiesel. It currently has 141k miles. Looking through the service records from the prior owner, he mentioned the leather top dash problem at the dealership back on 01/16/2020, within the warranty period. He said the dealership there was supposed to put in the warranty order, but because of Covid and a 12 month backorder of the dash replacement, it somehow never happened nor came in. Due to financial reasons, the owner sold this WK2 to me and now I'm trying to pick up where he left off.
I have the Repair order detail that shows the owner stated the leather dash pad is starting to wrinkle and all the recall paperwork, X81 Warranty Extension started 12/19 for 6-mo expired June 2020.
I called FCA numerous times and they continue to refuse to honor the dash replacement.
Insight anyone?
Jeep Cares: Please assist, VIN: EC582745. I love my new Jeep and all I'm asking is for the dash warranty to be honored since it was reported during the warranty period. It's the owners fault that the dealership dropped the ball.
This WK2 has had tons of problems including an engine replacement over the couple years. The emissions problems with the Ecodiesel seem to be ongoing. Tons of money has been spent to keep it running. Please step up and do the right thing. Approving this dash replacement is minor in comparison.
Thanks for your time and consideration.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in a similar situation as many on this thread. I have a 2012 Overland with the delamination issue and have contacted Jeep many times. The part that I struggle with most is the fact that FCA sent my notice to the person that owned the Jeep originally, I have owned it for 5 years. They openly admitted to me that they sent it to the wrong person but are unwilling to honor the repair. If anyone hears of a resolve for this issue please let me know. I have been told several different things by FCA none of which have been accurate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went to local dealer in late 2019 and they took pictures and submitted my 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland diesel for replacement and it was approved. Since then, they have been giving me the excuse that they are waiting for the dash cover to be fabricated as each one is "special". It is now up to 20 months or so and the latest date they are giving me for delivery is Spring 2022. Is there someone in Jeep organization I can complain to?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland High Altitude and my dash has been rolling for a while and I can’t seem to get any help from anywhere because the recall/warranty was only for up to 2014’s. Now the leather on my dash is rolling coming apart so bad that it’s blocking my defrost vent and it’s becoming a safety problem as I cannot defrost my windshield to see. I moved and took it to a dealer here who wouldn’t help me whatsoever the leather doesn’t have a scratch or mark in it, it’s actually in really good shape it just looks like the adhesive used failed badly and it just causes the leather to roll/peel up and come apart. If anyone can help it would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went to local dealer in late 2019 and they took pictures and submitted my 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland diesel for replacement and it was approved. Since then, they have been giving me the excuse that they are waiting for the dash cover to be fabricated as each one is "special". It is now up to 20 months or so and the latest date they are giving me for delivery is Spring 2022. Is there someone in Jeep organization I can complain to?
I contacted fca about a month ago. The guy I spoke with very understanding and attentive, he called my dealer that initially set everything up and said he was going take that info to higher ups and see if it could be expedited... no luck on the expediting. He said, it's just waiting game as the factory isn't at full capacity... due to COVID.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm glad I found this thread. I nearly purchased a 2012 Overland today but the dash was delaminated pretty bad. Searched for the issue online and found this thread. Based on the 14 pages I read I think I'll be keeping my '06 until I can find a newer example without this really REALLY lame defect. No wonder that thing was priced to sell.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
8 Posts
I’d really like some help here. I bought 2014 Overland certified pre owned in March of 21. One owner and well taken care of. Only 68k on the clock. I paid for extended warranty through mopar which should cover everything, dash is peeling and I got a call from fca months ago with a message saying there was an open case I may be interested in which I am guessing is the dash. Since the PO had every recall done on it. I called and called and called jeep trying to get ahold of the person. If you’re out there please help. My dealer is no help. I love this jeep and it’s my 2nd jeep after coming from a JK. I’m willing to even pay my deductible for warranty claim at this point. Defrost sucks and it’s starting to just flop around. Vin: EC232672

261 - 280 of 286 Posts