Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
281 - 299 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Had mine replaced earlier this year after it started pealing off. Mine is a 2014 model. No questions asked when i sent it for a map update.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
8 Posts
Had mine replaced earlier this year after it started pealing off. Mine is a 2014 model. No questions asked when i sent it for a map update.
Are you the original owner? When did you start the warranty claim? This year or last year?

·
Registered
13 Posts
@JeepCares any help? My post is on page 14. I’ve called fca and jeep but no help. yet people report on here getting replacements.
Yeah, neither are any help. You'd think the dealer would press more, but they don't and just seem to get irritated when you call for update. I've seen a few say they've had the replacement done through the recall, I don't really see how when so many are still waiting. Not to say they're lying, but there was a relatively short window to report it, so everyone would've had to go to dealer within the approximate same time frame.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
@JeepCares any help? My post is on page 14. I’ve called fca and jeep but no help. yet people report on here getting replacements.
Hi there. Using your VIN from your previous post I see you had a recent case (80469510) regarding the dash delamination. At this time, I must reiterate the resolution provided by the case manager and no assistance will be provided toward this repair. If you have any further questions you can call Jeep Cares at 877-426-5337. Otherwise, your dealer can work with you directly to discuss the costs associated with repairing out of pocket.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
8 Posts
Hi Kate can
Hi there. Using your VIN from your previous post I see you had a recent case (80469510) regarding the dash delamination. At this time, I must reiterate the resolution provided by the case manager and no assistance will be provided toward this repair. If you have any further questions you can call Jeep Cares at 877-426-5337. Otherwise, your dealer can work with you directly to discuss the costs associated with repairing out of pocket.

Kate
Jeep Cares
hi Kate, yes I spoke with jeep but based on other posts here. There are second owners getting replacements along with this there was an open case against this vin that I was contacted about which I’m guessing is the dash. There is no way to see if PO had initiated the recall process? Also is there any sort of goodwill replacement that can be done? I’m willing to pay out of pocket towards it. Just not full retail which I think is insane for any manufacturer to expect anyone to pay for a 7 year old car. Not like we’re driving around jeeps from the 90s asking for warranty stuff. But for a fairly new vehicle that is perfect in every way but my dash that me and everyone else looks at when we get in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone successfully had this done? I brought my car into the dealership last year (May I believe) and they submitted the claim and I've just been waiting. I called Jeep today and they told me they can't give me any information about my specific vehicle if it is on or order or not. My dealership can't find the order. I really want to have this fixed as it looks horrible, and this really shouldn't have take 18 months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@JeepCares
Hi there Kate or who ever is around...

My 2014 jeep grand Cherokee overland has had the same issues with the dashboard

Back in Dec 2019 when the letter came out to the house I had it inspected in Jan 2020 and pictures taken and was going Head with it but because of covid was postponed

I've been constantly contacting my warranty manager at Koons Jeep in Tyson's corner Virginia since then and every two weeks get the same answer .. it keeps getting pushed.

I filed a claim with Chrysler in the 28th September and hoping something will get pushed thru...

Is there any other information or something you guys can do to get this done please!!

As we are coming up to 20 months of waiting.

I know there must be plenty people waiting but see some have got theirs done.

Or getting theirs done..

Many thanks in advance

Regards Ramon.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
@JeepCares
Hi there Kate or who ever is around...

My 2014 jeep grand Cherokee overland has had the same issues with the dashboard

Back in Dec 2019 when the letter came out to the house I had it inspected in Jan 2020 and pictures taken and was going Head with it but because of covid was postponed

I've been constantly contacting my warranty manager at Koons Jeep in Tyson's corner Virginia since then and every two weeks get the same answer .. it keeps getting pushed.

I filed a claim with Chrysler in the 28th September and hoping something will get pushed thru...

Is there any other information or something you guys can do to get this done please!!

As we are coming up to 20 months of waiting.

I know there must be plenty people waiting but see some have got theirs done.

Or getting theirs done..

Many thanks in advance

Regards Ramon.
Hi there.

Parts for this repair are sadly taking some time, as they are hand made. That said, our team here is unable to expedite that process nor do we have anyone we can send to who can do it. We recommend that you stay in touch with your dealer and they will let you know as soon as it arrives.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland
1 Posts
I own a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. On June 12th, 2020, I took my jeep to Tate Dodge Chrystler Jeep Because my leather dashboard had begun separating, wrinkling, bubbling, etc. The service advisor than took pictures of my dash and said that it was apart of the X81 recall that included an extended warranty fix. They said that by September 2020 they would have the parts and would contact me to repair it.
I called once a month to check on the parts, and I was told in August 2020 that parts were being shipped slowly and by January 2021 they will have the parts and be able to fix it for me. Since then, I have been calling at least twice a month. Each time I was told that they hadn’t received the parts yet and would contact me when they do.

For about the past three and a half months, I have been calling almost weekly. Each time I have been told something different- that I will get a call back (never been called back,) that I needed to talk to the parts department (who either told me they had no record of my parts order or that I would get a call back, which I never have,) and now more recently I am being told there is no record of my pictures/invoice.

What can I do to get my dashboard fixed? It has been over a year and I have either been lied to by them stating that it’ll be a couple months longer or ignored completely, and now they are telling me there is no record of my invoice/pictures and they cannot fix it or do anything to help me. I watched them take the pictures and why would I have been given an invoice to begin with if they couldn’t help? How could I not be in the system if I have an invoice and number?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All

Has anyone had their dash redone with this warranty through Jeep? I submitted mine in October 2019, it's now October 2021. 2 years later!! I have called the dealer several times and they told me they haven't received any dash replacements. Today I called Jeep customer service and was told there is no updates and they do not know when the dash replacements will become available. The excuse is covid. Although, it seems they have plenty of leather dashes to put in the new Grand Cherokees, Grand Cherokee L's, and the Wagoneer's. I wonder if we all organized and put together a lawsuit if that would resolve the problem as it seems this is not a priority for them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi RoadiJeff,
We would like to confirm that FCA has released a limited time extended warranty (X81) to address "Leather Instrument Panel (IP) Cover Delaminating" on 2011 - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokees. This extended warranty is applied pending dealer diagnosis. We recommend reaching out to your dealers if you believe this applies to your vehicle.
View attachment 221002
JeepCares
I have a 2011 Overland with 51,000 Garage kept, original owner. I Reached out to Jeep in 2018 about this delamination problem and was told "So Sad Too Bad, warranty expired.. I never received a recall only upon visitng this site did i see that jeep was going to rectify. Do I have any recourse? Thankyou

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm still waiting on the dealer to get a replacement dash. My dash was approved to be replaced, but every time I call the dealer, they are telling me that the part is on back order and not available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This issue with the dash coming apart and Jeep resusing to repair an obvious defect is infuriating. I brought my 2014 Jeep in to dealer on 11/22/19 and requested repair as I have a life time bumper to bumper warranty and was advised that the dash was not under warranty. Then about a year later I happen to see on line that Jeep had recognized that the dash was defective an issued an extended warranty that started about 3 weeks after I brought my Jeep in for repair. No one put me on notice of this extended warranty that was only for a short period of time and now they are refusing to repair under warranty in spite of the fact that I brought my vehicle in before the warranty period even started! I have never seen a company refuse to repair under warranty for bringing in a complaint "too early"! The part is clearly defective and Jeep knows it. The defect makes a nice vehicle look like a cheap vehicle and clearly affects the value. I have done everything I could do as a customer, bringing the issue to Jeep early and as soon as I learned of the extended warranty, yet I am continually told there is nothing Jeep can do. Yes there is Jeep. You can do the right thing and take care of your customers (JeepCares!). Too bad, I loved this Jeep but am confident I won't buy a Jeep again based on the way I have been treated with this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
LETS TALK SOLUTIONS!
TEMP FIX Use razor knife to cut a small hole parallel between the stitching in 2 or 3 spots. Put a small tube on the nozzle of a large tube of contact cement. Inject liberally and mush it around from the surface. Then spread back towards the windshield and weight it down overnight. While not perfect, mine held for a year and I’m ready to do it again.

WHY THE DELAY? I was also told June 2022 just last week.
1. Supply chain problems like everything else OR
2. Financial issues due to covid and the launch of 4 new Jeeps. The millions from our issue diverted???

Anyone know an automotive attorney? Seems they extended a contract out to us and there should be some reasonableness of action. I think I’ll poke around on the Internet and make some inquiries. We are a large class with many not even getting the benefit of the warranty extension if the car died or the diminution of value if we sold the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Kate
Jeep Cares
I have a 2018 overland with 28000 miles and the dash has delmanated. I took to the dealer and they took pictures but said it’s out of warranty but would call fca and call me back within 2 hours. Have not called back it’s been 2 days. If they are recalling 2014‘s surely they should fix my 2018?

·
Registered
13 Posts
@JeepCares ... so are you now saying that those of us that managed to get the approval in the alloted time-frame, are now SOL too, in terms of it being repaired on Jeeps dime?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
@JeepCares ... so are you now saying that those of us that managed to get the approval in the alloted time-frame, are now SOL too, in terms of it being repaired on Jeeps dime?
Hi. I am sorry for any confusion I may have caused you.

If a customer visited the dealer within the allotted time as outlined by the Extended Warranty, it was covered. The part would have been ordered at that time and as soon as it arrived, the dealer would notify the customer.

If a customer is going to the dealer now asking to be covered under that warranty, it is now expired and any repairs will likely be out of pocket unless otherwise discussed with your dealer.

Should anyone have further questions regarding specifics of their situation, we recommend getting in touch with your dealer or calling Jeep Cares directly at 877-426-5337.

Kate
Jeep Cares

281 - 299 of 299 Posts