Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Live with this for six years ... Jeep would not cover under my Maxcare warranty. Now I finally can get it fixed ... dealer evaluating and order parts on Thursday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So Jeep only cares about its North American customers??? The issue is worldwide. My 2012 Overland dashboard is horrendous. It’s totally unacceptable for a car which I bought new and cost $80,000 plus in Australia.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So Jeep only cares about its North American customers??? The issue is worldwide. My 2012 Overland dashboard is horrendous. It’s totally unacceptable for a car which I bought new and cost $80,000 plus in Australia.
I agree.
We live in the land down under
Jeeps customer care just makes you wanna chunder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi @LeroyJMC,

We would like to assist with this. Please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can have a case escalated for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
I have the same issue on my 2015 Overland. I have always taken great care of this vehicle. Really loved this jeep. Bought a custom windshield sunshade from weather tech that I always used since I bought it... but still the leather is de-laminating on the dash. Looks terrible, cant believe a $50k vehicle would have this issue so quickly.

I took it into the dealer last year when I first noticed it, they said it was not covered. I had purchased a lifetime warranty on this vehicle as I thought I would keep it for a long time. Was told that that warranty didn't cover it either. Called Jeep customer service.... they told me I was out of luck also. Does this help me in any way since I have a 2015?? If not, I am to the point where I think I am just going to trade it in on a Toyota.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brought my 2014 grand cherokee in last week to have the dealership look at it. I was told today that the new dash won't be in until OCTOBER. 9 months for a new dash is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI All and @JeepCares
I Have an Interesting situation ... My 2014 Grand Jeep Cherokee also has the serious delaminating problem ironically just after my 3 year warranty was up.. tried getting it fixed on them last year but would not.. so kinda gave up... then in January 2020 got the letter in the mail regarding the recall/warranty extension so was ecstatic... went in for a regular service and mentioned it to the dealer and they said.. Yes we have the part (Dash) just bring it in in a week (Thought it was a bit quick as letter said 3-4 months)... so i did... then 2 days later got a call from them saying they jumped the gun and even after taking digital photos of the serious delamination and sent it to Chrysler head office..
IT GOT REJECTED... how i dont know..
So returned the free rental and picked mine up... and they said they have resubmitted the photos and whatever to get "APPROVAL" so they can install the dashboard within the 6 months..
My question is WHY? do they need APPROVAL for this... isnt it already approved via this letter.. and Why would it rejected first.. and have to be submitted..
Anyway I am hopeful they will come thru and Chrysler Approves fast..
I will be calling each month to get an update.. but kinda strange the whole rejection part after sending obvious Delamination photos in to Chrysler..

Good Luck everyone as I know there are alot out there hence the warranty extension :)))))
from Reston/Fairfax Virginia..

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
HI All and @JeepCares
I Have an Interesting situation ... My 2014 Grand Jeep Cherokee also has the serious delaminating problem ironically just after my 3 year warranty was up.. tried getting it fixed on them last year but would not.. so kinda gave up... then in January 2020 got the letter in the mail regarding the recall/warranty extension so was ecstatic... went in for a regular service and mentioned it to the dealer and they said.. Yes we have the part (Dash) just bring it in in a week (Thought it was a bit quick as letter said 3-4 months)... so i did... then 2 days later got a call from them saying they jumped the gun and even after taking digital photos of the serious delamination and sent it to Chrysler head office..
IT GOT REJECTED... how i dont know..
So returned the free rental and picked mine up... and they said they have resubmitted the photos and whatever to get "APPROVAL" so they can install the dashboard within the 6 months..
My question is WHY? do they need APPROVAL for this... isnt it already approved via this letter.. and Why would it rejected first.. and have to be submitted..
Anyway I am hopeful they will come thru and Chrysler Approves fast..
I will be calling each month to get an update.. but kinda strange the whole rejection part after sending obvious Delamination photos in to Chrysler..

Good Luck everyone as I know there are alot out there hence the warranty extension :)))))
from Reston/Fairfax Virginia..
Hi Ram,
The extended warranty does need to be treated like any other warranty repair. This means this extended warranty is applied pending dealer diagnosis and approval. This determines whether the delamination was cause by a manufacturing defect or outside influence.
Alex
JeepCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Ram,
The extended warranty does need to be treated like any other warranty repair. This means this extended warranty is applied pending dealer diagnosis and approval. This determines whether the delamination was cause by a manufacturing defect or outside influence.
Alex
JeepCares
Gotchya.. yes totally understand .. anyways hoping it gets approved and fitted in the timeframe :))

·
Premium Member
272 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gotchya.. yes totally understand .. anyways hoping it gets approved and fitted in the timeframe :))
My 2012 Overland has delaminated, too. For the benefit everyone in the same boat, I'll draw your attention to this sentence in the letter in question from FCA (27 December 2019): "The dealer inspection must occur within six months, and the repair can occur outside this time period."

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2012 Overland has delaminated, too. For the benefit everyone in the same boat, I'll draw your attention to this sentence in the letter in question from FCA (27 December 2019): "The dealer inspection must occur within six months, and the repair can occur outside this time period."
Wanted to jump in here and thank everyone for getting this information out. I have a 2011 Overland with about 141k miles on it. I have tried multiple times in the past to get the dash repaired, which at this point is in really bad shape not even sure I could sell the car with it looking like it does. I had given up after always being rejected and had started researching the part# for the dash because I was going to attempt the repair myself, I am pretty mechanical but I knew this would be a large job, so luckily I have a second car :) After I saw this post I printed out the TSB and took it to my dealership they had me schedule an appointment so I left it with them for a day, they took pictures and contacted Jeep. They said they would get back with me in a day or 2 and I got the call yesterday. They are going to fix it!!! so excited. The only problem now is the dealership can't seem to get the part. So I am not sure if there is all of a sudden a run on the part or not. But I have waited a long time waiting on a part should be easy.

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,578 Posts
IMHO why they arent covering out side USA. is these things are a BITCH to ship i had mine replaced years ago and 3 dashes came in broke before they had a proper one.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 EcoDiesel
2 Posts
I am new to my Grand Cherokee and also have the dash pad wrinkling as well. Is this something that has a time limit or mileage limit? It’s a 14 with 115k miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue on my 2015 Overland. I have always taken great care of this vehicle. Really loved this jeep. Bought a custom windshield sunshade from weather tech that I always used since I bought it... but still the leather is de-laminating on the dash. Looks terrible, cant believe a $50k vehicle would have this issue so quickly.

I took it into the dealer last year when I first noticed it, they said it was not covered. I had purchased a lifetime warranty on this vehicle as I thought I would keep it for a long time. Was told that that warranty didn't cover it either. Called Jeep customer service.... they told me I was out of luck also. Does this help me in any way since I have a 2015?? If not, I am to the point where I think I am just going to trade it in on a Toyota.
Don't worry about it Jeep "Cares"... I fixed my crappy dash issue.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am new to my Grand Cherokee and also have the dash pad wrinkling as well. Is this something that has a time limit or mileage limit? It’s a 14 with 115k miles.
No mileage limit. You have until the middle of June to get it to a dealer for them to take a look at it.

21 - 40 of 208 Posts