Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Overland
930 Posts
I would definately talk to your dealer about it. Just be calm and respectful. That'll go a long way.

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
9 Posts
I would definately talk to your dealer about it. Just be calm and respectful. That'll go a long way.
Sounds good. The dashboard came with a 2 year warranty on any defects or workmanship issues. So like you said, i’ll go in calm and respectful and explain what’s going on and I think it would be covered by the warranty. I really appreciate your responses! Made is so much clearer for me.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Overland
930 Posts
Good deal. Keep us posted with their response.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI All and @JeepCares
I Have an Interesting situation ... My 2014 Grand Jeep Cherokee also has the serious delaminating problem ironically just after my 3 year warranty was up.. tried getting it fixed on them last year but would not.. so kinda gave up... then in January 2020 got the letter in the mail regarding the recall/warranty extension so was ecstatic... went in for a regular service and mentioned it to the dealer and they said.. Yes we have the part (Dash) just bring it in in a week (Thought it was a bit quick as letter said 3-4 months)... so i did... then 2 days later got a call from them saying they jumped the gun and even after taking digital photos of the serious delamination and sent it to Chrysler head office..
IT GOT REJECTED... how i dont know..
So returned the free rental and picked mine up... and they said they have resubmitted the photos and whatever to get "APPROVAL" so they can install the dashboard within the 6 months..
My question is WHY? do they need APPROVAL for this... isnt it already approved via this letter.. and Why would it rejected first.. and have to be submitted..
Anyway I am hopeful they will come thru and Chrysler Approves fast..
I will be calling each month to get an update.. but kinda strange the whole rejection part after sending obvious Delamination photos in to Chrysler..

Good Luck everyone as I know there are alot out there hence the warranty extension :)))))
from Reston/Fairfax Virginia..
We just took our Jeep in after being approved for the warranty repair. I was horrified at the way the dash looked after they repaired it. Big gaps that weren’t there before and we were told the dash was warped. I have been a lifetime Jeep owner and have now totally lost my confidence in Jeep, their products and their dealerships. We left our Jeep at the dealership and told them their work was unacceptable and that it needed to be corrected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took my 2014 Jeep GC Summit to our local dealer where they took a few pictures. I hope to hear something positive back soon. It seems there is a chance of it getting disapproved which I don’t understand. If it is delaminating, it should be considered defective.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took my '14 Overland to the dealership when the notice was announced (roughly 2 months ago.) They replaced the dash last week. Very easy, the dealership just submits a photo to FCA and waits to receive the parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi @LeroyJMC,

We would like to assist with this. Please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can have a case escalated for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
My name is Alex I have a 2016 grand Cherokee overland my dash is peeling all back I only have 50 thousand miles HELP PLEASE!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Called my dealer again last week (my dash was approved for warranty repair in Feb). They didn't have an ETA for the replacement even though I was told October when I first brought it in for inspection. Called FCA (Canada) and they told me at least October. Is @JeepCares just a US thing, because this is beyond ridiculous.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
As stated in the TSB above, this extended warranty does only cover North America.
Alex
JeepCares
Hi Alex & JeepCares Team:

I contacted my local dealer and they said that the extended warranty does not cover my vehicle because it's Canadian. I am in the US and the vehicle is registered in the US. Does the warranty truly cover all North American vehicles, or just ones that were originally sold in the US?

All the best,

- Brady

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,397 Posts
Hi Alex & JeepCares Team:

I contacted my local dealer and they said that the extended warranty does not cover my vehicle because it's Canadian. I am in the US and the vehicle is registered in the US. Does the warranty truly cover all North American vehicles, or just ones that were originally sold in the US?

All the best,

- Brady
It will only cover ones that Originated in US. If a Canadian Jeep is brought to US ALL warranties are void even power train etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
does anybody know if the new replacement dash is a new and improved version than the original one? I got my dash replaced already under warranty and would really hate to have to deal with this in the future...

·
Premium Member
3,879 Posts
Whoa crap, I just bought a 2012 Summit TODAY 6-17-20. Bought the Jeep site unseen and had the dealership deliver it. The Jeep is beautiful except it has bad dash delamination. So I literally have to go in tomorrow on the last day!! What are the odds that I got the Jeep today, googled the dash issue and tomorrow is the last day to have it inspected 😳 This is crazy if it works out where it gets replaced under warranty. The original letter is sitting in the glove box as well. 🤞🏼

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
1 Posts
So...my fiance has a 2014 GC Overland and it's had the dash delaminating issue for a year or so but I never assumed Jeep would cover it (100k miles). I just found this message thread today, what are the odds that we are s**t out of luck?? Hers is really starting to look bad. I was just going to try injecting some glue in the seams with a needle to see if I could make it look better.

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,397 Posts
So...my fiance has a 2014 GC Overland and it's had the dash delaminating issue for a year or so but I never assumed Jeep would cover it (100k miles). I just found this message thread today, what are the odds that we are s**t out of luck?? Hers is really starting to look bad. I was just going to try injecting some glue in the seams with a needle to see if I could make it look better.
Try going to the dealer and see if they will play ball.

·
Registered
Black Summit
3,814 Posts
I got mine to the dealer and still waiting to hear back on it. One thing I do wonder on the way they did this warranty extension is why did the MY 2011s get a 9 year warranty and the 2014s get a 6 year warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got mine to the dealer and still waiting to hear back on it. One thing I do wonder on the way they did this warranty extension is why did the MY 2011s get a 9 year warranty and the 2014s get a 6 year warranty.
I have gone back to the dealer 3 times since receiving the notice of the warranty extension. They keep telling me the parts aren’t available to fix it. Has anyone actually gotten their dash fixed?

·
Registered
2012 GC Overland
4 Posts
Have a 2012 Jeep GC Overland, LOVE IT - dash was already separating when I bought it, salesman said extended warranty I bought would cover it. Obviously, it didn't. Was SO EXCITED when I got the notice early January about the X81 Warranty Extension, called the dealer (same dealer I bought it from) to schedule the pics and such, lady called me back and said I didn't need to come in, she looked up the VIN and ordered it, but may take 6 months for them to get it. Cool beans.

Fast forward to June 18th (the LAST day to do the pics I later found out), I get a call that they have my dash and I made an appointment for 6/22, drop it off the evening prior. Get a call first thing on the morning of 6/22 that since they don't have pics, she has to seek approval from the district manager - and at some point explains that they ordered it Jan 6th, cancelled and reordered Jan 10th - and that the process was updated with the 3/31 bulletin, requiring pictures before the part is ordered. I wasn't notified of the change - though it was in the original bulletin, and when I originally called it was to schedule said appointment for pictures, but I was told at the time it wasn't necessary...

A week later, DM approves it IF I pay a $200 copay - supposedly because I'm not the "original owner" (I think I'm the second owner).- but it feels like I'm only being required to pay a copay because their service department didn't follow the process, nor did they follow up to do so after 3/31 bulletin came out. Called FCA, was told there's basically nothing they can do.

Now - I'm THRILLED that what would've cost at least a couple grand will be $200, but I am definitely miffed about this clusterduck, especially given that we've now bought 3 cars from that dealership in St. Pete, FL... Wondering if anyone else had a similar experience?

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,397 Posts
$200 to replace a $2000 dollar dash on an 8yr old car is a steal..

Chrysler good faith repaired my SRT dash in 2016 and said if i paid $150 they would do it. so either way i was happy

81 - 100 of 133 Posts