Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My bash is bubbling and it is 2 weeks past the recall end date. Please help me Jeep. Is there anyone else in the same situation I am?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cwt3, I am in the same boat you are. My dashboard is delaminating and starting to bubble up as well, and I took it in to the dealership just outside of the warranty window. I am not getting any help from the dealership or FCA, and am pretty frustrated since it is a known manufacturing defect and just outside the warranty period.
Please let me know if you are able to get any sort of help getting your issue resolved

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT in after I received a letter in the mail back in December 2019. It took them a month to look at my vehicle (vehicle was seen in mid January.) They agreed that the dash needed to be replaced is it was peeling off from the glue. I got a call on July 3rd that the replacement dash had made it in, with me frequently checking in on the parts since January (COVID was to blame for delay.) I brought them my vehicle on Monday July 6th, and got my vehicle back July 9th. The vehicle looks brand new.

I have also had all the carbon fiber replaced under a similar letter a year before (the glue de-laminated from the dash and all 4 doors.) So basically, the interior of my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT looks brand new... mostly because it is! I wish everyone else look on their en devour as it was a pain in the arse to get completed, but well worth it!. Keep up the fight!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cwt3 and JordanCHS, now there are three of us in the "out of warranty boat."
Silvermax04 has a good point! I too wonder about the warranty restrictions! Why does a Grand Cherokee 2011 get a 9 year warranty and the 2014 Grand Cherokee get a 6 year warranty??
I agree with JordanCHS. This delamination issue has been a problem for years!
Maybe writing a letter directly to FCA or possibly sharing this wrong with the local news would aid our appeal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cwt3 and JordanCHS, now there are three of us in the "out of warranty boat."
Silvermax04 has a good point! I too wonder about the warranty restrictions! Why does a Grand Cherokee 2011 get a 9 year warranty and the 2014 Grand Cherokee get a 6 year warranty??
FYI - the X81 warranty claim period has been extended to 7/30 (from 6/18) due to COVID and problems people had getting scheduled. I'm bringing mine in on 7/29.

My dealer was not aware of the extension and told me I was too late. I called FCA Customer Care and they informed me of the extension to 7/30 and created a case, gave me the case #, and told me to report all that to the dealer.

So hurry up, you have 2 weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI - the X81 warranty claim period has been extended to 7/30 (from 6/18) due to COVID and problems people had getting scheduled. I'm bringing mine in on 7/29.

My dealer was not aware of the extension and told me I was too late. I called FCA Customer Care and they informed me of the extension to 7/30 and created a case, gave me the case #, and told me to report all that to the dealer.

So hurry up, you have 2 weeks.
Who do I need to contact about this? I just bought a 2014 overland from Carvana today and it has the dash leather peeling problem. Where can I find it was extended? Carvana said they were going to take care of it but I'd rather the dealer replace it vs them try to just glue it back down or something.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Who do I need to contact about this? I just bought a 2014 overland from Carvana today and it has the dash leather peeling problem. Where can I find it was extended? Carvana said they were going to take care of it but I'd rather the dealer replace it vs them try to just glue it back down or something.
You can show the dealer this service bulletin and they should be able to go into the computer and see the updated extension date.

Leather Instrument Panel (IP) Cover Delaminating - X81 Warranty Extension

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi RoadiJeff,
We would like to confirm that FCA has released a limited time extended warranty (X81) to address "Leather Instrument Panel (IP) Cover Delaminating" on 2011 - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokees. This extended warranty is applied pending dealer diagnosis. We recommend reaching out to your dealers if you believe this applies to your vehicle.
View attachment 221002
JeepCares
[email protected] Why won’t Jeep honour this claim here in England? Vehicle purchased new from dealer in England, took to my local dealer who spoke to Jeep UK and their just not interested, for a vehicle that cost $80,000 here in the UK it’s bloody disgusting

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the leather dash delaminating and pulling up on my 2013 Overland. Called FCA and the agent called my local dealer who declined to honor the warranty and told the FCA agent the offer was over. I asked for agent to check and she said she couldn't find the extension date. @JeepCares, is there any way for me to get a dealer to honor the service warranty if they decline?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2011 Overland with the dash problem already existing. Would this fix likely be rejected if I presented it to the Jeep dealer I bought it from as I am a new owner and not the original owner/warranty holder?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately FCA has decided to deny my 2016 leather dash replacement as "You are not the first owner and we dont know what the previous owners did to it". This is quite unfortunate as its obvious that this is an ongoing manufacturing defect. Between this and my slow evap leak..Ill be out $3500 on my 40k mile 2016 and will likely be my last FCA product.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got a notice in the mail today ! Have an appointment for them to take photos on Sat. to get dash ordered for my 2011 Overland ! Great News !!
Did the fix the dash?
I have a 2011 Jeep grand Cherokee Overland addition in the leather is peeling close to the windshield. Just would like to know if they fixed it and was it under a recall or warranty or something like that I purchased my jeep useI have a 2011 Jeep grand Cherokee Overland addition in the leather is peeling close to the windshield. Just would like to know if they fixed it and was it under a recall or warranty or something like that I purchased my jeep used.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee in January 30 for x81 recall told don't have the part. Take it back in on July 24 (again told don't have the part). Call Jeep on July 31 said they'd follow up. Never did. Call back today on 8/7, and they say warranty is expired so we won't help you. Even though I tried 3 times during the warranty to get this resolved. And the car has an extended warranty on it.

Terrible, service. Should have known better than to buy a Jeep. Plus, I guess have to find a more competent dealership since AutoNation really let me done not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a used jeep grand cherokee 2011 on july 25 with the dash problem, took it to the dealer on august 1 and they told me warranty extension is expired... Called fca, no luck. thats sucks... 6 month is way too short.

·
Registered
Black Summit
3,814 Posts
I bought a used jeep grand cherokee 2011 on july 25 with the dash problem, took it to the dealer on august 1 and they told me warranty extension is expired... Called fca, no luck. thats sucks... 6 month is way too short.
Yeah the way they did the warranty extension dates for this dash is really whacked. Why do the 2011s get a 9 year warranty and the 2014s get a 6 year warranty for the same piece of shit dash?
It should of been a specified number of years warranty extension from the in service date. Not if you happen to stumble on it in a certin six month window and if you dont you are out of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Jeep overland that had a wrinkled Dashboard /delaminating. Of course it bothers me and Ive been asking the dealership if they can repair it . But I've been given a different story each time and it's kinda stressful.

The latest I was told around March 2020 was that in order to get the dash repaired I'll need to buy a windshield. And " Because my windshield has rain sensor and cameras " I just couldn't afford it right there and then . FFW to May I took the car in for Oil change and to check Recalls and Warranty , I was told I have nothing , I mentioned the article I saw about Dashboard and I was told a different story and fees. And then a few minutes later he says "oh and the recall for water pumps , we don't have parts" mind you he initially said there was no recall or warranties outstanding. Now today I went to a different dealer in FL , the guy says oh your Dash warranty just expired !
I've been to the dealership 2 times , spoke about this each time I was there and I was told to buy Windshield and that there's absolutely no warranty or recall.
This is just one of the Many Many mistakes this dealership is making and it's costing me Financially.

But I just never complained , instead I give gratitude and appreciate their services even if it's not Good at all.

Now I am frustrated and my Husband wanted to buy another Jeep but I feel like we are treated unfairly and this is not a nice way of doing business. If we have people who are not knowledgeable of what their doing working on our cars this is Not Safe . I feel like our lives are being put at risk . I need help with this .
What can I do ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi RoadiJeff,
We would like to confirm that FCA has released a limited time extended warranty (X81) to address "Leather Instrument Panel (IP) Cover Delaminating" on 2011 - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokees. This extended warranty is applied pending dealer diagnosis. We recommend reaching out to your dealers if you believe this applies to your vehicle.
View attachment 221002
JeepCares
Mine did not bubble or showed any signs of trouble till after the deadline of a recent notice . About a week and a half ago it happened. Contacted FCA the dealer and basically they told me that the cost is mine to repair. The letter sent out about this problem boldly stated (If you do not experience this condition, then your leather instrument panel is operating correctly and no repair is necessary). As of this post this was not the case obviously for me and probably for others too. As of right now unless I am able to fork out some cash for my "certified used Jeep" as well as others affected, I am beat for the repairs. Good luck to those affected now and in the future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi @LeroyJMC,

We would like to assist with this. Please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can have a case escalated for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Hi Darlene, I just came across this forum and I am having the same problem. Apparently I am 2 MONTHS outside of the extended warranty and my dashboard is peeling up immensely. After 3 calls to Jeep and two very rude customer service representatives I was finally told there is nothing they will do for me and that I should talk to my local dealership (already did and they said they would only be able to replace the entire dash which would be very costly). I can’t believe I have to ride around with an Overland that looks this terrible. I’m beyond upset.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts