Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

141 - 160 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Read through your warranty. I have a lifetime warranty as well but it specifically states that it does not cover trim. Did you ever receive a notification in the mail about X-81. @JeepCares is required by law in the
Virginia – Motor Vehicle Manufacturers’ Warranty Adjustment
Act – (59.1-207.34 thru 59.1-207.39)
to notify by First Class Mail any adjustments to warranties. The other states that have similar laws are California, Connecticut, Maryland, and Wisconsin. They have already admitted to me that they did not send out mail notifications and that notifications were done via phone call. @JeepCares did not execute their responsibilities and therefore broke the law.
We did not receive anything from Jeep about this being covered. Our dealer has been pretty good about other issues, and there been a lot, especially for a vehicle with 50k. We can go down that route. Were 2015s covered as well, because as I read through this it didn't sound like it.

·
Registered
2014 WK2
3 Posts
We did not receive anything from Jeep about this being covered. Our dealer has been pretty good about other issues, and there been a lot, especially for a vehicle with 50k. We can go down that route. Were 2015s covered as well, because as I read through this it didn't sound like it.
I tried looking through the different manufacturer bulletins and I could only find it listed as 2011-2014. That being said, I’ve not found anything about the July extension that my case representative claimed was made via phone call and in talking to different customer service representatives, they could not find that claim anywhere either, so it is possible. I’m 90% certain that my case manager said that the 2015-2018 were also given the extended warranty. She was incredibly rude but because I think she stated that the 2015s were included later on, you can try giving her a call. Her name was Teena, number was 1-866-932-3873, her extension is 3025455.

·
Premium Member
2014 JGC CRD Overland
11 Posts
I got my Jeep GC overland in June. And I noticed it was bubbling in the corner. But 6 months from Dec 2019...does that mean I missed the boat anyway on this one? and I just got it back from the dealership over a coolant tube warranty repair. So I’m kinda over not having my vehicle. And I’m also of the kind that I better hold FCA to task for all these missteps.

I’ve messaged Jeep Cares , posting here too for the record. ;0)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone that has submitted for this to be repaired actually received the new panel?

Brought my vehicle to the dealership back in January. Warranty letter said 3-4 months. It's now mid-October and the dealership says there is no ETA.

My dash has looked like absolutely crap for well over a year now. Almost embarrassing to drive this thing. Additionally, I've started having issues with the uConnect cutting out which if I had to guess probably has something to do with the dash leaving the internals of the unit exposed to the hot Texas sun.

All of this after back in 2014 being repeatedly told that the transmission jerking I felt was normal for the car (or later, due to the ECO Boost).

What a completely frustrating experience with my first Jeep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hoping someone can help. My 2014 grand Cherokee is having the dash issue. I never received anything from Jeep in December. Dealer won’t help and I called corporate and supervisor didn’t care either. Just said sorry if you didn’t receive anything in the mail, but your address is in the system and you’re vehicle is flagged as one that would have been covered but we stopped fixing in June. Any suggestions? Sad that Jeep isn’t helping. Like I would ignore mail that’s telling me it can be fixed for free? Clearly I wouldn’t!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hoping someone can help. My 2014 grand Cherokee is having the dash issue. I never received anything from Jeep in December. Dealer won’t help and I called corporate and supervisor didn’t care either. Just said sorry if you didn’t receive anything in the mail, but your address is in the system and you’re vehicle is flagged as one that would have been covered but we stopped fixing in June. Any suggestions? Sad that Jeep isn’t helping. Like I would ignore mail that’s telling me it can be fixed for free? Clearly I wouldn’t!
Has anyone that has submitted for this to be repaired actually received the new panel?

Brought my vehicle to the dealership back in January. Warranty letter said 3-4 months. It's now mid-October and the dealership says there is no ETA.

My dash has looked like absolutely crap for well over a year now. Almost embarrassing to drive this thing. Additionally, I've started having issues with the uConnect cutting out which if I had to guess probably has something to do with the dash leaving the internals of the unit exposed to the hot Texas sun.

All of this after back in 2014 being repeatedly told that the transmission jerking I felt was normal for the car (or later, due to the ECO Boost).

Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
35 Posts

I had the new dash installed about a Month back. I have also posted my experience with the dealership and Jeep/Mopar., if you scroll few posts back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My dash was approved for replacement in February 2020 with a ETA for parts of October 2020. I called the dealership yesterday and as I expected... no parts. New ETA is end of December. The service advisor is supposed to be calling me today. When that doesn't happen, I'll follow up with the service manager on Monday.

Zero communication in 9 months from either the dealer or FCA.

·
Registered
2001 JGC Overland
24 Posts
Reported and received approval for ours back in Feb. ETA was Oct. as well. Only updates I get are when I ask during routine maintenance. They claim they’ll call when it’s ready, but I don’t want to risk waiting another year.

Has anyone received the replacement over the last several months?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was told Dec 2020 when the part is expected to be delivered to the dealership.
Good luck everyone, I was approved and ordered my part back in February, just called the customer care # today after getting the run around from the dealer, apparently the new eta on these parts being done is 10-12 months from when you ordered, this is ridiculous and unacceptable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good luck everyone, I was approved and ordered my part back in February, just called the customer care # today after getting the run around from the dealer, apparently the new eta on these parts being done is 10-12 months from when you ordered, this is ridiculous and unacceptable.
Yes, this is terrible. THIS IS MY SECOND TIME REPLACING THE DASH. I also got the run around for my dealer over many months, so I went to another dealership that is "slightly better". Jeep will never be successful with customer service like this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi RoadiJeff,
We would like to confirm that FCA has released a limited time extended warranty (X81) to address "Leather Instrument Panel (IP) Cover Delaminating" on 2011 - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokees. This extended warranty is applied pending dealer diagnosis. We recommend reaching out to your dealers if you believe this applies to your vehicle.
View attachment 221002
JeepCares
Hi @LeroyJMC,

We would like to assist with this. Please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can have a case escalated for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Hellow Jeep Cares! My 2014 is just NOW encountering this problem. I was not notified in advance that this was going to be a problem or that I had the ability to have it taken care of. Today I reached out to Jeep and was told that I was no longer under warranty. I feel this is not fair nor is it a good way to do business. Please HELP!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi RoadiJeff,
We would like to confirm that FCA has released a limited time extended warranty (X81) to address "Leather Instrument Panel (IP) Cover Delaminating" on 2011 - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokees. This extended warranty is applied pending dealer diagnosis. We recommend reaching out to your dealers if you believe this applies to your vehicle.
View attachment 221002
JeepCares
[/
Hi @LeroyJMC,

We would like to assist with this. Please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can have a case escalated for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
JeepCares -- I was never notified of this and am just now having a problem with my dash. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
8 Posts
JeepCares -- I was never alerted to this and am just now running into a problem with this. PLEASE HELP!!
I'm in the exact same boat. My 2014 Overland has this dash issue and I never received any sort of notification from dealer (when I always have in the past for other issues) or FCA. I called FCA yesterday evening and they were no help whatsoever. I asked for a case to be opened to at least provide pictures and see if I could talk to someone, agent on the phone said they'd open one, but I'm not 100% sure they actually did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Doug,

You can send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer once you have an appointment to have your Jeep diagnosed. We are happy to provide an additional layer of support while at your dealer. You could also have your daughter call Jeep Customer Care at 877-426-5337.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Hi Darlene,

We never received any notification from Jeep on this issue. We had our overland in the shop a couple of times since this has been announced and we have asked our dealership and they stated there was no fix. We are now finding out that there is a fix. Can we possibly still have ours fixed? It has gotten so bad in the past couple of months! What steps do I take from here...Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think an additional frustration with the whole situation is that had we known it would take this long we would have looked to a third party to fix it and then applied for reimbursement from Jeep (though who knows how long that would take).

I mean, there's simply no other way to put it - I've been driving around a vehicle that looks like a piece of shit for almost 2 years now. It's taken so long at the A/C vents are now coming out of the dash/chassis because the dash is so warped.

141 - 160 of 201 Posts