Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brought my 2014 grand cherokee in last week to have the dealership look at it. I was told today that the new dash won't be in until OCTOBER. 9 months for a new dash is ridiculous.
I have been waiting for 9 months. Still no part. Just got back from dealership they told me the company was just bought out again. So they are not getting parts right now. Sounds like crap to me.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have been waiting for 9 months. Still no part. Just got back from dealership they told me the company was just bought out again. So they are not getting parts right now. Sounds like crap to me.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dash started to delaminate a year ago on our Grand Cherokee Summit 2014, so bad it lifted our defroster vent out of position. Reached out 9/11/19 for a repair and was told FCA may provide a fix and they would contact us. Never heard from them. Reached out again November 11th 2020 to FCA directly, they said that our vehicle was eligible for the repair. However, we just missed our window and had till June 18th 2020 to put in our request. How were we to know? There was no communication whatsoever from FCA or Jeep. Dash is so bad now, it's terrible for functionality and just embarrassing. So sad that Jeep used a defective glue in a $50,000 luxury vehicle, admits it by honoring a repair window that they didn't notify customers properly about. Even customers who complained about it prior to the repair window. "Sorry you just missed it, too bad" says Jeep cares. That's a definition of frustration. Bad move to your highest paying customers Jeep!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dash started to delaminate a year ago on our Grand Cherokee Summit 2014, so bad it lifted our defroster vent out of position. Reached out 9/11/19 for a repair and was told FCA may provide a fix and they would contact us. Never heard from them. Reached out again November 11th 2020 to FCA directly, they said that our vehicle was eligible for the repair. However, we just missed our window and had till June 18th 2020 to put in our request. How were we to know? There was no communication whatsoever from FCA or Jeep. Dash is so bad now, it's terrible for functionality and just embarrassing. So sad that Jeep used a defective glue in a $50,000 luxury vehicle, admits it by honoring a repair window that they didn't notify customers properly about. Even customers who complained about it prior to the repair window. "Sorry you just missed it, too bad" says Jeep cares. That's a definition of frustration. Bad move to your highest paying luxury customers Jeep!
Yeah, it's really hard to convey to the Jeep Customer Service people that this isn't some minor annoyance - many of us have been driving a car that outwardly looks like complete garbage for almost 2 years now and we still don't have any real timetable for when it will be repaired. I fully expect the dealership to try and claim some of the collateral damage is unrelated.

·
Registered
Summit
218 Posts
Mine just came in last week & fixed finally!!!
Black 14 Summit

On another note, anyone else have the wood trim start peeling? Mine started lifting / peeling off above the dash. Dealership advised not covered under warranty.
Wish I took a before pic, but I went ahead and just peeled all the wood off.

Anyone know if replacement trim is available?
IMG_8299.jpg

·
Registered
Summit
218 Posts
Mine just came in last week & fixed finally!!!
Black 14 Summit

On another note, anyone else have the wood trim start peeling? Mine started lifting / peeling off above the dash. Dealership advised not covered under warranty.
Wish I took a before pic, but I went ahead and just peeled all the wood off.

Anyone know if replacement trim is available?
View attachment 229182
IMG_8302.jpg

More around the start /stop

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi @LeroyJMC,

We would like to assist with this. Please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can have a case escalated for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Is there anything that can be done for my 2015 with jeep cares? Dashboard is leather and glue has come undone 5 months ago.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Is there anything that can be done for my 2015 with jeep cares? Dashboard is leather and glue has come undone 5 months ago.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the letter to have the dash replaced and brought it into my dealership in February 2020 and they told me that they ordered a dash for replacement and that it will take up to 6-8 months to receive it. Last month (October) I brought the GC to dealership to get an emissions recall done and asked when our new dash should arrive. The service guy told me there was no notes about the dash even being ordered. Talked with the Service Advisor that supposedly ordered the dash and he advised me to call Customer Care @ 800-992-1997. Talked with customer care about our situation and they said that they will speak with my dealership about this recall. Just got a call from customer care that a new dash will not be honored as my dealership did not take pictures and do the proper documentation to get this warranty case started. Customer Care told me to call the dealership manager as they made the mistake. Isn't customer care supposed to care for the customer? Our GC is a Eco-Diesel so I have been to the dealership multiple times for the various emissions issues and failures as well as replacing the water pump twice. All covered by warranty may I add, so no cost to me except the hassle of going to the dealership and driving a rental car. Our leather covered dash in our luxury SUV (Overland) looks absolutely horrible, there are waves in it and it has peeled away around the defrost bezels. Over the last 10 months we have been looking at this eyesore dash thinking that it was going to be replaced. Feeling super frustrated as I have heard nothing but great things happening to people and their Jeeps with Jeep Customer Care. My dealership dropped the ball on this one and the Service Manager is on vacation so I guess I just got to hope for the best and that he can do something when he gets back.

·
Registered
2017 GC summit
7 Posts
Bring me a new dash and $180 and I’ll replace them ! I work at dodge and done so many of them . The warranty extension doesn’t last forever. It’s only about 6 months to a year from the release date

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I'm sure you've seen many of these IM's from this forum regarding the dash covers of older JGC's.

In short, I received a letter last December. Trying to wrap up the year and begin this one, became an issue as I contracted what I was told was pneumonia at the time, which has now been assumed was Covid. On top of that, I am at risk for potential exposure due to pre-existing conditions. I simply could not risk anyone in my car that I use for work, that would pose potential risk of exposure.

Fast forward to mid May and I called the C-Care line and they said that they were sure there would be provisions to help me once things cleared up with Covid. Well here we are 6 months later and they have gotten worse in my state of Michigan.

I called today to ascertain the next steps as the dash has gotten progressively worse over these last months and was politely told that due to the time that has lapsed, there was nothing that could be done. A pretty different message than what I was given in May.

Suffice it to say I am very disheartened with this position of FCA. This is my 7th Jeep in total, 3rd Grand Cherokee and was actively looking for a Trailhawk for my wife to move on to from our JKU Rubicon. A total of 13 Jeeps between my brother and I. I have been an advocate for this Grand Cherokee and truthfully could drive what ever I chose, but was remaining loyal. This situation has me second guessing that.

I am hoping that someone can re-instill my faith and loyalty to the Jeep Brand and orchestrate a replacement of the dash under the extended warranty notification..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Purchased a used 2012 Jeep GC on Memorial Day. The dash at the time showed no signs of delamination ( Or I would've used it as a bargaining chip on purchase price). The Jeep had less than 60k miles when purchased. I also paid about $3,000 for an extended 'bumper-to-bumper' warranty from Endurance to cover an additional 75k miles from purchase date.

In July, I finally took it in for inspection/repairs to be done to the hatch door hydraulics. A few times of doing Walmart grocery pickups and the employees trying to manually slam the door closed eventually ruined the hydraulics and the hatch no longer stayed open (would slowly close on its own - and even smacked one of the employees in the head one time - serves them right). Anyway, at the time I mentioned to the dealership the slight 'ripples' I'd began to see maybe a month earlier (June 2020). They asked if it had seen water damage and of course I was unsure of the cars life prior to me purchasing it. But was fairly certain it hadn't experienced anything significant enough to cause the delamination as there were no other signs of damage to cars interior. A couple days later I received call from the dealership Service Dept informing me they'd diagnosed the hatch door issue (bad hydraulic lift) and ordered the replacement. This would be covered by the extended warranty. As for the dash, they'd found the aforementioned recall letter from Dec 2019, but stated "that it unfortunately had ended in June 2020", so i was too late. I was instructed to contact FCA to see if they'd still cover. Which I did, and just like everyone else here was told it was outside the time period - tough luck.

So here I am, with a seemingly nice GC and a crappy dash. How can Jeep get off not addressing what seems to be a WIDESPREAD MULTI-YEAR MULTI-MODEL issue/defect with their vehicle???? I agreeing with those who have almost lost faith in Jeep, and although this is only my second one, I'm seriously regretting the purchase because of this. Absolutely unacceptable in my opinion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I've been waiting nearly all year for the dash replacement that was estimated to be arriving Dec 2020, just called the dealer and now they are saying it'll be at least April of 2021! 😲

I'm getting closer to seeing if I can find one myself and swapping it out, the leather is now so warped that it's popping the vent insert on top out of place. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update:
Had to take in the GC because the front air suspension was going out and needs repair. Mentioned the dash again and they’re trying to get it covered through my extended warranty company rather than FCA. Inspector coming out to get pictures within couple next days! Hopefully gets approved! Would only cost me $100 out of pocket. Though I understand due to part delays it won’t get repaired right away, but at least I’d be on the list.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi RoadiJeff,
We would like to confirm that FCA has released a limited time extended warranty (X81) to address "Leather Instrument Panel (IP) Cover Delaminating" on 2011 - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokees. This extended warranty is applied pending dealer diagnosis. We recommend reaching out to your dealers if you believe this applies to your vehicle.
View attachment 221002
JeepCares
I’m
Hi @LeroyJMC,

We would like to assist with this. Please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer so that we can have a case escalated for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Hello Darlene could I get a little help! It’s been 15 months waiting for a dash?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and my dash has been peeling up for some time now. I researched this a long time ago when it started and at that time there was no resolution. Looks like about a year ago they came out with a fix...but didnt notify anyone. I am now outside the measly 6 month warranty extension. @JeepCares , is there anything that can be done to help? I am embarrassed to drive around my $50K otherwise great Jeep SUV with this peeling leather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone actually had their dash replaced yet? I took my Grand Cherokee Overland Edition to the dealership back in January of last year (2020) and was told there would be a six week lead time for the dash replacement. After six weeks, I was told the replacement dash wouldn't be released until October. After October, I was told the dash replacement would be released in December (2020). Now it is January 2021 and I am being told the replacement dash won't be released until April 10th. I can only assume they mean April 10th 2021, but I can't be sure at this point. It is beyond frustrating.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad to find this forum. My 2014 GC Overland’s dash is delaminating as well. I will check with my local dealer on Monday, but hope to get some advice and help here, too. This issue has me reconsidering whether I want to buy up this spring when the L types are added to the line. Hope they can resolve my current issue, and provide assurance this will not be an issue going forward. Any advice in presenting to the dealer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
After 12 months of waiting I finally get the call that the dash has come in.

And now I just get the call that it's the wrong color.

New ETA is April...

I mean, I'm just at a loss here. Due to Jeep my car has looked like a complete piece of crap for 2 years now, and now maybe it will be resolved in another 4 months?

How is there not a class action regarding this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone actually had their dash replaced yet? I took my Grand Cherokee Overland Edition to the dealership back in January of last year (2020) and was told there would be a six week lead time for the dash replacement. After six weeks, I was told the replacement dash wouldn't be released until October. After October, I was told the dash replacement would be released in December (2020). Now it is January 2021 and I am being told the replacement dash won't be released until April 10th. I can only assume they mean April 10th 2021, but I can't be sure at this point. It is beyond frustrating.
I'm still waiting as well. Took my 2014 JGC Overland to the dealership last January (2020) and am still waiting. Pics were taken of my leather dashboard and I was put on the list to have parts ordered and the repairs made. Still waiting...very frustrating, as the dash is getting worse and the dash vents starting to pop up/off as well. Come on Jeep.

161 - 180 of 201 Posts