Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The medium greystone in my 2013 Laredo X has signs of premature wear on the bolster. This is caused simply by my exiting and entering the vehicle. It's an 8 inch drop and I end up sliding out of the seat. The color is going, the leather is fraying. This is premature wear under nomal use. I only have 7,900 miles on the thing. My dealer claims they can easily replace the leather, but these are the same guys that it took 5 trips to ATTEMPT to replace a broken cupholder in the front console, which I eventually repaired myself.

So, I did some research, and found a company that makes a kit that allows you to: 1) repair damage; 2) redye/recolor; 3) Match the sheen with cross linking top coats. The kit is color-matched to our Jeeps. It is available as a liquid for those of us that want to apply with a sponge brush or airbrush, OR it is also available as an aerosol. I am ordering a kit to make the repair myself in Medium Greystone. When you order your kit, you pick whichever version you want, and enter your color code from a palette of colors.

The finishes are water-based urethane, which should be super durable and be as good as what's on the seats from the factory. Will let you all know how it turns out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The repair looks good, BUT it wears away quickly despite being urethane based. So, it's like polishing the seat like a leather shoe every two weeks. I did it again today, but tossed Lexol on the leather. Anyone who thinks these seats don't need conditioning, think again. The wrinkles vanish, the feel of the seat improves dramatically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.