Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I would like to attach a line of LED lights under the main headlights.
And I have 2 questions :
1. It's supposed to be attached using glue strip like 3M. Will it hold it? Should I add some additional glue to it?
2. I should connect it to some 12 volt power source, where from I should take the power source? It suppose to light up with the daylight lights. I can't connect it directly to the battery, because then it will be on constantly. And I can't connect it to one of the headlights, because it will add resistance to the headlight source and the car PCM may show error like bulb is out or something like that.

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Here is link to the product : Pilot Blue LED Flexi-Lite Strip

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dear admin, why did you move my post from the general to here?
Please move it back, more people will see it
Thanks

·
Premium Member
GC Overland
2,466 Posts
The 3M strip should be sufficient to hold the lights, providing you clean the bodywork underneath first. Ensure there is no polish or wax on the paintwork.
Run the power from the existing DRL by patching into that wiring.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did it. Looks very nice.
Attached it to the bottom of the headlights, that way it looks like it's inside built-in.
For only $20 and 30 min installation really looks great, similar to Audi have.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Take some pics so we can also see what the LEDs look like at night. Please

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How about some pictures??
I did some, but already was dark outside, so nothing besides the light source.
Tommorow I will do more at a daytime.
BTW, how do I post pics here?

I attached it to the turning light power source , so it on in both day and night.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I think I was able to do some night pics.
Now I need to process them and find a way to post them here.
Can you please tell me how to do it?

·
Premium Member
GC Overland
2,466 Posts
Is that a strip of led's on basically what appears to be a flexible plastic strip?
If so, it looks like those you can get off ebay, and are susceptible to going brown from sunlight. Hopefully, yours are of a good quality. The LED lenses need to be covered in a good UV protecting plastic cover.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is that a strip of led's on basically what appears to be a flexible plastic strip?
If so, it looks like those you can get off ebay, and are susceptible to going brown from sunlight. Hopefully, yours are of a good quality. The LED lenses need to be covered in a good UV protecting plastic cover.
Looks like they are covered in plastic. That's one of the reasons I didn't get it from ebay, I wanted to see it before I buy it.
But anyways if there is a problem it can be changed with other one without a problem.
I think the idea of attaching it on the headlight instead of underneath or other place is very nice. At dark hours it looks like it is built-in inside the headlight that gives it original look and feel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts