Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone retrofitted and/or mounted LED PODs in the stock fog light location? A build thread would be great with photos.
No matter what amber LED bulb gets put into that H11, it is not bright enough - a big part of that is the housing it comes with.
I see companies sell a non-projector, but the LED is built in to the reflector housing - it cannot be removed it can only be powered.
Any help would great. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple of links from this forum:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,432 Posts
You can always mount a set in the grille like I did. I haven't use at night to know how bright, yet. I had a set of Rigid 6" midnight series sitting around and used them.

0All 3 LED.jpg
0All 3 LED Bright.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can always mount a set in the grille like I did. I haven't use at night to know how bright, yet. I had a set of Rigid 6" midnight series sitting around and used them.

View attachment 229251 View attachment 229252
I saw that a couple of companies make those brackets. Nothing against the look, just not for. I’ll be taking off my front bumper and seeing if there’s a way to get those 2” vision X ambers mounted securely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here’s another link. Saw these on a YouTube video. I’m not too crazy about the “ditch” better known as A pillar light mounts but this with a curved single row LED bar across the hood might look slick.

These are neat but look like they should be a bit more set to the outside of the vehicle. These appear to be just right Grand HEMI Hawk

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,432 Posts
Swap in 2014 halogen fog lights with Vled amber LEDs. Ive used their LED for high beam in my RAM reflector and it was bright. I'm not sure about the amber.

Output2500LM actual output (per bulb) on par with a 25W HID bulb

Vleds.com

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,432 Posts
Juts a quick pic from mine, but hoping to take better soon. Roughly 12' or so away.

0 6in Grille.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Swap in 2014 halogen fog lights with Vled amber LEDs. Ive used their LED for high beam in my RAM reflector and it was bright. I'm not sure about the amber.

Output2500LM actual output (per bulb) on par with a 25W HID bulb

Vleds.com
Can you post a link for the exact fogs you’re talking about. It’s not loading

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,432 Posts
Try now. The site might of had issues when you checked. It's showing now.

·
Registered
2014 GC Limited 4X4
1,432 Posts
You do know fogs lights are not meant to take the place of headlights or be as bright? If that's what you are looking for then I don't think you'll find anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Absolutely. On my wrangler I had amber pods... they were $35 on Amazon. The housing on your pick up and the GC are completely different.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts