Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeep will NOT get rid of the incandescent bulbs across the rear of the Grand Cherokee!! So aggravating!! Most every other Chrysler/Fiat model is all LED.

Any suggestions for converting the rear bulbs?

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
260 Posts
Whats funny is the outer ring that illuminates when the vehicle park lights are on for the tails is LED. I have swapped out all 4 of my reverse light bulbs to 6k leds, and also swapped out my brake/turn signal bulbs. I will tell you tho the brake bulbs i swapped out work with no issues or flashing or anything however i concluded they are no less or more brighter than the stock incandescent.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,971 Posts
I've used Sylvania Zevo Red LED's, look great, really fill the entire fixture with Red Light....
The AlfaOBD and FCADIag is suppose to be to turn off the Bulb Out warning feature you get with the lower current of LED's.... ...if you don't use that, then you have to use Resistors wired into the circuit to stop the Bulb Out warnings.... ....someone mentioned this might not be possible for 2013 and earlier (I haven't seen it confirmed)....

This is just for the turn signals and stop lamps..... ....all others you can swap LED's and not have any problem....

Some small LED company advertises and posts here with their LED's for WK2, they claim will not set the Bulb Out warnings.... ....I suspect that is because their LED's fixtures have 10 times the LED elements than is needed, and thus draw 10 times the current most LED bubls draw, which is about the same as the incandescent bulb.... ....and several people have complained they still get the bulb out warning in extremely cold weather (likely when the LED's draw less current).....

·
Super Moderator
8,323 Posts
There are so many threads here on that very subject. Yes, there are solutions. Model year does matter...MY11-MY13 is not quite as friendly to LEDs in the brake/tail/turn position.

·
Registered
Altitude
2,737 Posts
I've been running Aaron's red led's from Amazon for about 3 years now.... i highly recommend them.

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
260 Posts
I've been running Aaron's red led's from Amazon for about 3 years now.... i highly recommend them.
You've been using their 3157 with no resistors? They dont say they are canbus or anything like that so im just wondering because ive checked them out before.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I've been using the mid-level VLEDS 50-led 3157 without resistors for some time without any problems. I had no problems with the turn signals for the month or so that I used them before getting the Appcar DiagFCA software (AlfaOBD will work too), and changing to Euro mode taillights (changes the outer reverse light into the turn signal [I used a iJDM amber LED in there without resistors with no problems]).

·
Registered
63 Posts
I use DeAutoLEDs in my ‘17 and they work great. They don’t require resistors and are error free. I’ve been running my latest set for almost 2 years with no problems. I had a set of their first get bulbs and one went out, but they replaced both for FREE with their current gen bulbs.

they are a little brighter than stock, but where they really shine is the instant on/off illumination.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jeep will NOT get rid of the incandescent bulbs across the rear of the Grand Cherokee!! So aggravating!! Most every other Chrysler/Fiat model is all LED.

Any suggestions for converting the rear bulbs?
Hi,
I also own a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Laredo)
I've tried a lot of brands out there and have come across this LED light.
This is by far the brightest light I've used. You can get it on eBay. Though you have to use
a load resister (easy to install). Works great with the reflector. "BRIGHT" & no errors.

·
Vendor
553 Posts
I use DeAutoLEDs in my ‘17 and they work great. They don’t require resistors and are error free. I’ve been running my latest set for almost 2 years with no problems. I had a set of their first get bulbs and one went out, but they replaced both for FREE with their current gen bulbs.

they are a little brighter than stock, but where they really shine is the instant on/off illumination.
Thank you - we appreciate it. There are tons of LEDs on the market that are not error free. These are truly plug and play and why they are popular :)

·
Registered
Altitude
2,737 Posts
You've been using their 3157 with no resistors? They dont say they are canbus or anything like that so im just wondering because ive checked them out before.
yes, no resistors.

·
Vendor
553 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. We still to date feel we have the only truly error free bulbs for all Jeep years/makes/models - others are a hit or miss and would require extra resistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts