·
Registered
Grand Cherokee WK2 2014 3.6 4x4 Flexible Fuel
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly the left front turn signal is weak and flashes only:
Download files - Filemail (mkv 2,2 MB)

It seems that not all LEDs are lighting:
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Grille

The turn signal LEDs are soldered inside the headlight and cannot be replaced - if they are faulty, the whole headlight 68111001AF (which is now 68111001AM ) needs to be replaced. Unfortunately this part is currently unavailable according to my Jeep dealer. Hopefully I would be able to get a used one, although here in Germany it is difficult to find this US version of the Xenon headlight (with amber glass for park light).

It is still unclear if it is the BCM or the headlight - next workshop date is in three weeks. In case it is the BCM (which is what I hope, because it is cheaper) the problem maybe even greater: BCM 68193350AD is also unavailable according to my dealer. Mopar says "This part is discontinued. It is no longer available for purchase."
Is it possible to replace the BCM with a used BCM of same number (or even 68193350AF?). My dealer has never done this and believes that a used BCM can't be re-used in another car. On the other hand there are several offers for used BCMs on different web sites like ebay.
Anybody knows more?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solved: it was the headlight. 68111001 is currently not available from Jeep/FCA, but I found a german part dealer who managed to get a new one. Total costs including work was 2.500,- Euro :confused:

·
Registered
2001 WJ/WG, 3.1TD VM Motori.
1,366 Posts
Welcome to the Jeep family.
Ouch- 2,500? I feel for you.
Brilliant for supplying the problem and resolution for other members- greatly appreciated.

Could you keep the old headlights, strip them and try a solder repair/replacing the led's? That way, you got spares or you could sell them on Ebay as used working to try and recoup some dosh. Or, is this a design issue where they are sealed units and cannot be stripped out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is from Valeo, and they seem to be known for their uncrackable sealing. Usual tricks like heating in an oven do not work. I have seen videos on youtube from people using a soldering iron to melt the plastic or using a saw. I am still not sure if I will try this... But I already dismantled three modules

Valeo Ballast7Green 89089352
Valeo L90035854
Mopar WK Non-AFS S-LH 61A-3002-1001

and will probably try to sell them on ebay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts