Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster here. I ordered a 2014 Overland V6 on 2/9 with an estimated ship date of 4/2. I called the dealer yesterday and he said production is experiencing "delays". Current status is "G" status, aka "Trim Production". First question, what does G status mean and second, is anyone else experiencing delays?

I understand I'm being a bit impatient but when a shipping date is given I have a certain expectation for delivery. But from what I'm reading it looks like its going to be worth the wait!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,014 Posts
those are ONLY estsimated dates...dont take them as gospel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize that. But for people who've received their 2014 Overland's, how long would you say it took from the time you ordered to delivery?

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
Anywhere from 4-8 weeks it seems, closer to 6. This all depends on where you live as well and if you get stuck in inspection

·
The "REAL" JeepGarage Founder
1,379 Posts
3 days if you get lucky. Suppose I was lucky!

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,871 Posts
"G" means that it was built today.

Unless it gets stuck in "Built-Pending Inspection (I)" for a few days... you should have it soon. ;)

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
I realize that. But for people who've received their 2014 Overland's, how long would you say it took from the time you ordered to delivery?
Seven weeks.

---

·
Registered
'10 Nissan Maxima SV
353 Posts
i think we need a thread of JNAP to Dealer poll so we get an idea of ordering-delivery times for those who would order. Would it be plausible to say (marlon or chevy can chime in) that the wait time should(?) decrease later on in the year?

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
They aren't going to tell you anything different than what everyone else is saying. Typical order to delivery is going to be 4-8 weeks..

·
Registered
160 Posts
One option is to become a supporting member and you can see how long it's been taking for others to reach IL and track yours at the same time.

·
Registered
'10 Nissan Maxima SV
353 Posts
Typical order to delivery is going to be 4-8 weeks..
Fair enough - and this is why I'll be sure to order with the DC Group Buy around Labor Day weekend to take delivery before my current lease ends on December 6th-wouldn't want to be without a car or have to rent - then take the road trip down to VA. Fun Times! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
i think we need a thread of JNAP to Dealer poll so we get an idea of ordering-delivery times for those who would order. Would it be plausible to say (marlon or chevy can chime in) that the wait time should(?) decrease later on in the year?
Adding to what Viper said:

If you become a level three member, or higher, you can see for yourself in the customer tracking thread. No need for a poll when the info is already there, IMHO.

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

·
Registered
'10 Nissan Maxima SV
353 Posts
Adding to what Viper said:
If you become a level three member, or higher, you can see for yourself in the customer tracking thread. No need for a poll when the info is already there, IMHO..
I most likely will when the time comes for tracking (but hoping that a Limited with LuxII in True Blue or Max Steel is sitting at Koons already...coz as it stands now, being that I work on a PC all day, I'm constantly here and I don't have my Jeep yet! :smh:)

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,871 Posts
It's a crapshoot.

I've heard some people wait as little as TWO weeks.

I've heard some others wait TWELVE WEEKS.

Speaking from personal experience with a factory order (they're pretty much all the same regardless of vehicle), I waited a little over FIVE weeks.

Some are lucky, others aren't. Depends on whether the planets are aligned I guess?

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,871 Posts
Decrease? LOL We're launching the refreshed WD Durango later this year. If anything it may INCREASE because of that!

·
Registered
'10 Nissan Maxima SV
353 Posts
Decrease? LOL We're launching the refreshed WD Durango later this year. If anything it may INCREASE because of that!
You guys are building the Durango's there too? Damn, I guess we should enjoy your presence here now as we may not see you after the WD gets launched :eek: Are you guys getting the Cherokees too?

·
The Negotiator
5,364 Posts
You guys are building the Durango's there too? Damn, I guess we should enjoy your presence here now as we may not see you after the WD gets launched :eek: Are you guys getting the Cherokees too?
The WD are mixed in with the GC's right now.. The Cherokees are built in Indiana

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,871 Posts
Cherokee is built in Toledo, Ohio, where it has always been built (whether the name be Cherokee or Liberty) since 1983.

·
Registered
A Real Jeep
2,871 Posts
Uh, yeah, since 2010.

Me, eh, I'm in and out of here. One day you see me, one day you don't.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts