Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I installed a catback Magnaflow which uses the stock tips.
I wanted to see some other ideas as far as tips goes, since I want to change mines.

Any ideas out there:thumbsup:

·
Registered
'14 Jeep GC Overland
57 Posts
When I had my Borlas installed, I grabbed these off the shelf at the shop. 4" stainless steel. I LOVE them.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
I only have one and it's homemade... :eek:

·
Registered
14 Grand CherokeeSRT
15 Posts
Anybody running aftermarket tips on the stock SRT mufflers? I have the suitcase/mid muffler removed and electronic cutouts so I probably won’t change the mufflers any time soon but would like some nicer looking tips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not for nothing im only a v6 but saw the post for exhaust tips and these are my homemade carbon fiber tips . inlet is 3.5" and outlet is 4.5"
Did you slip these over the existing stock exhaust tip or did you weld these only the muffler piping ?

·
Registered
15 Grand Cherokee
381 Posts
Did you slip these over the existing stock exhaust tip or did you weld these only the muffler piping ?
These are installed by slipping over the stock exhaust. A few posts up "DavidRam" is the one who gave me the idea and helped me get the parts together. I ordered the Carbon Fiber covers from ebay and inside those are a steel reducer. i had to angle cut the reducer and adhere them using high temp silicone and i also used some rivets. then i painted the inside and outside of the stock tips to get rid of the chrome color. Slipped them on and attached using a exhaust clamp.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT 2018 Trackhawk
125 Posts
I added these dual quad 3x4 stainless tips I got from TheMobGuy.
They weren't meant for the stock mufflers but I cut 3" out of them and 1.5" off
the tailpipes (the clamp part) and then used regular 2.75 stainless steel muffler clamps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anybody running aftermarket tips on the stock SRT mufflers? I have the suitcase/mid muffler removed and electronic cutouts so I probably won’t change the mufflers any time soon but would like some nicer looking tips.
Did you ever find exhaust tips to replace your OEM ones? I'm trying to figure this out now. 🙏

·
Registered
123 Posts
Someone needs to try out the CARVEN exhaust 5” tips! Since I already have the Borla system on my ride, I don’t need them, but apparently, Carven is big in the Charger/Challenger circles. The tips are “drop in” with those car’s stock exhaust.
31DA3FA7-E414-4CAA-81BD-68F287640D8A.jpeg
EAB14960-7C97-44AF-85C0-3F2DA6CBA6CA.jpeg

·
Registered
123 Posts
I tried emailing them to ask about DROP IN compatibility with Jeeps, but I guess they recently updated their web page and the CONTACT icon doesn’t work. I dont know long their tips are compared to our stock tips, but I’m sure they should work with some cutting and welding.

So Tyson… I say you jump on the grenade for the Jeep community!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I tried emailing them to ask about DROP IN compatibility with Jeeps, but I guess they recently updated their web page and the CONTACT icon doesn’t work. I dont know long their tips are compared to our stock tips, but I’m sure they should work with some cutting and welding.

So Tyson… I say you jump on the grenade for the Jeep community!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sweet!!! You should tell them that you are a CARVEN pioneer to the GCSRT world and that you post on the forums too. Maybe they’ll give you a deeper discount, o at least a free tshirt, stickers, etc..l ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Someone needs to try out the CARVEN exhaust 5” tips! Since I already have the Borla system on my ride, I don’t need them, but apparently, Carven is big in the Charger/Challenger circles. The tips are “drop in” with those car’s stock exhaust. View attachment 234774 View attachment 234775
I'm literally going to try this now as the clamp for our stock exhaust looks as if it will fit. I'll post a comparison in a few mins...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts