Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange but as far as I can tell, the Limited in Australia is supplied with 225/55r18 tyres but in the US they come with 225/60r18's ?

Bit weird - anyone know why ? Are our cars deliberately geared down slightly ? - I know it isn't much different but I wonder...

·
Lifer: Old Geezer
Overland
4,628 Posts
Strange but as far as I can tell, the Limited in Australia is supplied with 225/55r18 tyres but in the US they come with 225/60r18's ?

Bit weird - anyone know why ? Are our cars deliberately geared down slightly ? - I know it isn't much different but I wonder...
Typo there?
In the USofA, the Limited comes with P265/60R18, which is the same as the off road variants on the Overland.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Typo there?
In the USofA, the Limited comes with P265/60R18, which is the same as the off road variants on the Overland.
Respectfully, we're talking KL Cherokee, not Grand Cherokee.

Confirmed: Australian version of KL Cherokee Limited gets 225/55 R18.

I suspect that the difference in profiles (Aust 55 v USA 60) is because of suspension tweaks to suit Aussie roads (???). I don't know, just speculating.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting observation...

When I ordered my new wheels, I went up a tyre size as they were 1/2" wider and I like to reduce the prospect that someone might kerb a wheel, so more rubber=more protection.

After checking out the circumferences, I went with a 235/55 which was slightly taller than the original 225/55 but almost the same as the 225/60 size that is fitted in the US.

Today, with Cruise (ACC off !) set at 100km/h I tried the GPS speed function on my phone and on a straight and flat road, it fluctuated from about 99.5 to 100.7 or so. Certainly going to a 235/55 if anything has made the speedo more accurate than it used to be !

I am liking the new tyres which although I didn't find the standard ones noisy, seem a little quieter. Thing is, how can you go wrong with a tyre that has a model number of KL15 anyway ? :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts