Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening!
We recently purchased a 2014 Limited, and my wife is wanting just a little extra sound. 馃檹馃徎 I have never owned anything Mopar before, so I鈥檓 not sure which direction to head with the exhaust. We do have two smaller children so nothing that will be terribly loud inside or drone. Replace the suitcase muffler and leave the resonators? Replace the resonators and just leave the suitcase? Not really wanting to dish out the $1500+ for a Corsa or Magnafow. I鈥檝e read about these newer Flowmaster FlowFX mufflers that could replace the resonators for a deeper tone. Maybe two of those?

Attachments

Registered
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L
I am considering just doing the blastin bob magnaflow option. Keeping the suitcase muffler and seeing where it gets me. I personally dont think a really loud exhaust fits the look of these jeeps. Still needs something.

Registered
Good evening!
We recently purchased a 2014 Limited, and my wife is wanting just a little extra sound. 馃檹馃徎 I have never owned anything Mopar before, so I鈥檓 not sure which direction to head with the exhaust. We do have two smaller children so nothing that will be terribly loud inside or drone. Replace the suitcase muffler and leave the resonators? Replace the resonators and just leave the suitcase? Not really wanting to dish out the $1500+ for a Corsa or Magnafow. I鈥檝e read about these newer Flowmaster FlowFX mufflers that could replace the resonators for a deeper tone. Maybe two of those?
Hey. I've been a member for all of five minutes, and this is the first time I've ever posted anything on any forum, so I have no idea if I'm doing it right - am I in the right place to kind of join this discussion? If so....
I feel your pain re: zero sound from the stock setup on the 5.7 HEMI. This might sound funny, because what I'm suggesting is pretty much the opposite of "exhaust"...
I have a 2015 GC Limited 5.7, and the only thing I've done to it so far is add a complete cold air intake, but that really, really woke up my Jeep, and the sound is absolutely incredible. It sounds exactly like the old four barrel carbs - when driving "normal" (whatever that is - I've only heard about it), it still sounds tame, but when I lean into it... Man! It's awesome! I did the K&N, but Mopar has a really nice kit, too. One thing, and the reason I went with the K&N vs. Mopar: I've read a lot of comments/reviews on these systems, and the aluminum intake tube, while it looks way better, does produce a "drone" - that's even mentioned in the manufacturer's description. Anyway, I went with the black plastic intake tube, and there's no drone at all - the sound is really only when you get into the throttle (and I'm like a little kid with this, so I'm gonna say it again: it sounds incredible!) For some reason, you also gain a little more power (like 2 hp) with the plastic vs. aluminum. Not exactly a deal breaker, but i didn't want the drone.
Anyway, this is probably getting really wordy, but for $350, not only did I gain a very noticeable increase in power, I pretty much have the sound I was going for. It's definitely there under acceleration. An added benefit is that when you install the CAI, you get to ditch a ****ton of OEM plastic from the front of your engine - when I was finished with the install (which is super easy), I was shocked at the size of the pile of crap I had yanked out of the engine bay

Registered
One thing I forgot to mention: I've read that it's possible to put the throttle body from the 392 HEMI on the 5.7. it's supposed to be a direct swap, and a sizeable bump in power. Wish I'd known that before I got the CAI for my 5.7, because if I'm able to do that swap, it will mean a new intake, as well. That's further down the road for me, but doing everything together would have saved me a few hundred bucks, so I thought I'd mention it in case you might be interested...

Registered
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L
Hey. I've been a member for all of five minutes, and this is the first time I've ever posted anything on any forum, so I have no idea if I'm doing it right - am I in the right place to kind of join this discussion? If so....
I feel your pain re: zero sound from the stock setup on the 5.7 HEMI. This might sound funny, because what I'm suggesting is pretty much the opposite of "exhaust"...
I have a 2015 GC Limited 5.7, and the only thing I've done to it so far is add a complete cold air intake, but that really, really woke up my Jeep, and the sound is absolutely incredible. It sounds exactly like the old four barrel carbs - when driving "normal" (whatever that is - I've only heard about it), it still sounds tame, but when I lean into it... Man! It's awesome! I did the K&N, but Mopar has a really nice kit, too. One thing, and the reason I went with the K&N vs. Mopar: I've read a lot of comments/reviews on these systems, and the aluminum intake tube, while it looks way better, does produce a "drone" - that's even mentioned in the manufacturer's description. Anyway, I went with the black plastic intake tube, and there's no drone at all - the sound is really only when you get into the throttle (and I'm like a little kid with this, so I'm gonna say it again: it sounds incredible!) For some reason, you also gain a little more power (like 2 hp) with the plastic vs. aluminum. Not exactly a deal breaker, but i didn't want the drone.
Anyway, this is probably getting really wordy, but for $350, not only did I gain a very noticeable increase in power, I pretty much have the sound I was going for. It's definitely there under acceleration. An added benefit is that when you install the CAI, you get to ditch a ****ton of OEM plastic from the front of your engine - when I was finished with the install (which is super easy), I was shocked at the size of the pile of crap I had yanked out of the engine bay
yea man your doing it right. I have the mopar cai as it came with my jeep when i purchased it. I cant compare to stock but i definitely hear it. Welcome to the forum man. As for the throttle body i cant say it is a direct swap or what other issues may occur CEL. Again welcome to the forum i am pretty new here myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts