Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry, if there's another thread about this, but I'm new to the forum.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a '14 GC, and would like to understand the differences between the following configs to justify the $2300 price difference.

Config 1:
Limited 4x4
Lux II package
Off Road II
Nav software add-on
Adv. Tech group
MSRP $46680 (inc dest.)

Config 2:
Overland 4x4
Off road II
Adv Tech group
MSRP $48980 (inc dest.)

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

·
Registered
56 Posts
There is little functional difference mostly it is visual difference.

More body color parts, different grill insert, leather console, piping on seats, real wood...

functional, power folding windows, puddle lights and trunk net.

If you are buying I think it will be nice to have those but for lease Limited makes more sense with the higher residual.

Edit: if you want light color interior, overland has floor carpets in beige too, Limited has them black which I like more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. The lease vs. buy decision will depend on cost. I'm concerned that I drive too many miles to make a lease realistic (15-20k per year; lots of ski trips in the winter).

Jeff

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Things you get on the Overland that you don't get on the Limited:
-leather dash and door panels
-different interior color options
-piping on the seats
-heated wood steering wheel (not sure if Limited has a heated steering wheel)
-painted wheel well trim (extends to the rear bumper and front bumper)
-chrome tow hooks (vs. black)
-Overland badge

Overall, I think the Overland has a more upscale look and feel vs. the Limited, but that is just my opinion. The wood steering wheel, leather dash and door panels, improved interior color schemes (in my opinion), and painted trim really give it an upscale look and feel.

·
Lifer: Old Geezer
Overland
4,607 Posts
-piping on the seats
-Overland badge

Overall, I think the Overland has a more upscale look and feel vs. the Limited, but that is just my opinion. The wood steering wheel, leather dash and door panels, improved interior color schemes (in my opinion), and painted trim really give it an upscale look and feel.
Agreed. If you option up a Limited with any of the Lux group stuff, the price can approach that of an Overland.

Interiors are highly subjective, but for some reason too many dealers seem to forget about burning folks with black interiors out in the high west, and way too many vehicles on the lots seem to be Darth Vader specials...

If you can find an Overland with the Brown/Frost interior or the Brown/Blue interior, check it out compared to a Limited. You may or may not at that point decide the upgraded interior is worth the extra cash.

If your drives include hot days, the ventilated seats are pretty cool--if you'll forgive the expression. Never thought I'd appreciate them so much, but now that I have them, they really do help.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Isn't the headlight shape different too? Limited is rectangle while the Overland has a piece cut out and looks more like an eye? Also what about the LED ring around the headlights? I thought the Limited didn't have that. (I could be wrong though.)

Black leather is not a big deal with cooled seats in the Overland and tinted side windows. It is 105 degrees on a regular basis here in KS and I find it no big deal with remote start, cooled seats and tinted glass on our Black leather Overland. :)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Isn't the headlight shape different too? Limited is rectangle while the Overland has a piece cut out and looks more like an eye? Also what about the LED ring around the headlights? I thought the Limited didn't have that. (I could be wrong though.)

Black leather is not a big deal with cooled seats in the Overland and tinted side windows. It is 105 degrees on a regular basis here in KS and I find it no big deal with remote start, cooled seats and tinted glass on our Black leather Overland. :)
The OP stated he would get Luxury Group II on the Limited, which gives him the same headlights as the Overland. The base Limited does have different headlights than the Overland, which is what you were most likely thinking of.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The OP stated he would get Luxury Group II on the Limited, which gives him the same headlights as the Overland. The base Limited does have different headlights than the Overland, which is what you were most likely thinking of.
Thanks for that clarification. I wasn't sure if the Lux group II upgraded the headlights as well. That is a plus as I like the Overland style headlights.

·
Registered
2012 WK2 LTD 5.7 ORA II
371 Posts
-piping on the seats
-Overland badge

That steering wheel on the Overland is what convinced me to get the Limited. In my opinion it is god awful, but to each his own.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have almost exactly your config 1 less the Adv Tech but with the HEMI.

The Lux 2 comes with the heated wheel, except in all leather, no wood.

Other than what others have mentioned, the only other difference I think is the passenger side autodimming mirror on the Overland. in my view, sitting so high up, I don't see the point of that anyway...

I actually prefer the black plastic wheel arch trim on the Limited, more so because it is less likely to show scratches and is a easy bolt on replacement if needed.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
The limited comes with heated wheel even without the lux II package. The wood is also real. The main difference is the outside mirrors, leather on dash, color of leather and the painted wheel arches and bumpers. I wanted the leather dash and power mirrors, but hate the painted wheel arches. I got white and it doesn't look right. Last years overland had them black. It looks fine on darker colors though.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
One more thing that I forgot: the Overland's wood is real, while the Limited's is fake.

·
Registered
'22 & '14 JGC; '09 Subaru Forester; RIP '05 Subaru Legacy STIEVO
2,287 Posts
I have exactly what the OP is asking about. A decked out black Limited and I saved the 2300 and I am happy with it. Yes on any other trim, the plastic wheel arches might not look as cool but on a black car they are just fine. I did jot want a leather dashboard and I hated the slippery wood on the steering wheel so I am happy with mine. And yes it is heated.

Puddle lights...nope. Not for me...and I did not want the panoramic roof either but I had no choice. I love my truck and I personally believe that the 2300 dollar difference is not justified. But to each his own.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I need to go look at the 2 side by side at the dealer. I'm not sure I'm in love with the leather dash either. Apart from astethics, I wonder what it's going to look like after 2-3 years in the sun...

But I do like the two tone seats available in the overland.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I need to go look at the 2 side by side at the dealer. I'm not sure I'm in love with the leather dash either. Apart from astethics, I wonder what it's going to look like after 2-3 years in the sun...

But I do like the two tone seats available in the overland.
Look at the 2011 Overlands/Overland Summits if you want to know how the leather dash will look 2-3 years from now.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.