Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

· Registered
2019 Trailhawk
998 Posts
Thanks Jim. Of course all in all it is pretty much the same vehicle. But I did notice the better resolution of the UConnect screen and that the UConnect system is a bit snappier, so that's nice. If I can convince myself to upgrade my old smartphone, maybe I'll even try Android Auto.
I went from a '17 Trailhawk that I really loved to a '19 Trailhawk. The '17 was rear-ended and totaled....by another Jeep driver, no less. So I essentially purchased the same exact vehicle again, but two years newer. And I love the fact that the '19 has Apply Car Play & Android Auto. That's really the only difference between the two vehicles that I noticed. Oh, and the glossy black trim around the uconnect screen looks upscale to me too.

For what it's worth, I peeled the hood decal immediately on both of my Trailhawks. I'm just not a fan of that decal at all.

· Registered
2014 GC Overland Diesel 4x4
470 Posts
One good thing about keeping your insurance company involved is they work for you! This shouldn’t go against your deductible either. Especially in a 100% other driver’s fault.

You should be getting a rental car paid for as well as diminished value. These insurance companies are full of lawyers, let them deal with getting the at fault driver’s insurance to pay for whatever is needed.

· Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I went from a '17 Trailhawk that I really loved to a '19 Trailhawk. The '17 was rear-ended and totaled....by another Jeep driver, no less. So I essentially purchased the same exact vehicle again, but two years newer. And I love the fact that the '19 has Apply Car Play & Android Auto. That's really the only difference between the two vehicles that I noticed. Oh, and the glossy black trim around the uconnect screen looks upscale to me too.

For what it's worth, I peeled the hood decal immediately on both of my Trailhawks. I'm just not a fan of that decal at all.
Yeah, I removed the TH hood decal immediately on my Granite Crystal 2017, but it didn't look as good with that color. More on the fence for this one for some reason. What color did you get for the 2019? But if I go with some PPF, seems the smart thing would be to remove the decal anyway even if only doing the first 15-18 inches on the hood.

· Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
One good thing about keeping your insurance company involved is they work for you! This shouldn’t go against your deductible either. Especially in a 100% other driver’s fault.

You should be getting a rental car paid for as well as diminished value. These insurance companies are full of lawyers, let them deal with getting the at fault driver’s insurance to pay for whatever is needed.
Mostly handled by the other driver's insurance company (Liberty Mutual), they didn't fight taking full responsibility right away. No deductible paid. The pain in the process was valuation and not answering questions. But I don't think the result would have been any better if I'd let my insurance company handle it as they also use CCC to get valuation.

· Registered
2019 Trailhawk
998 Posts
Yeah, I removed the TH hood decal immediately on my Granite Crystal 2017, but it didn't look as good with that color. More on the fence for this one for some reason. What color did you get for the 2019? But if I go with some PPF, seems the smart thing would be to remove the decal anyway even if only doing the first 15-18 inches on the hood.
White on both 2017 and the 2019. I'm kind of a white car guy, I guess. My Audi is also white.

Attachments

61 - 68 of 68 Posts