Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on this? I don't care about watching DVD's while driving but using the nav would be handy. I would hate to have a problem and be stuck buying a new $1500 radio b/c of a warranty issue.

·
Rock N' Roll's Sophisticate/JG Co-Founder
Charger Hellcat
10,690 Posts
If you brick it because of the lockpick, simply take it off before you bring it in and play dumb. That's what I would do. LOL

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wasn't sure if there was a way to tell it was on there, if it changes anything in the programming.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I hate that the passenger can't program the navigation while moving in some cars. If the Jeep is like that, I want to learn about this lockpick. Please tell us more!

·
Registered
14,381 Posts

·
Registered
02, 06, 11, Jeeps
527 Posts
No reprogramming. Just take it out and you are good to go. And I have had it installed with my 730 for a few weeks now it is worth it.

·
Registered
14,381 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
I hate that the passenger can't program the navigation while moving in some cars....
Agreed, and a "pick" could be easily programmed using the same sensor that triggers the seat belt warning. I understand the liabilities involved with allowing the driver to use the device, but a passenger should be allowed to work their magic!

·
Registered
02, 06, 11, Jeeps
527 Posts
I agree v3 works great !

·
Registered
14,381 Posts
So you're using a V.# on what year WK/WK2? I heard the V.3 will crash the unit and leave a black screen and you have to unplug and such to get things back running again.

·
Registered
02, 06, 11, Jeeps
527 Posts
There are 4 switches that have to be set based on your system. Easy to follow instructions ate included. If you screw it up it may give a black screen just unplug so it can reset and do it right. It doesn't cause spontaneous nav combustion.

·
Registered
02, 06, 11, Jeeps
527 Posts
Forgot to include. Yes using v3 in 2011 wk2 with 730 nav. No problems.

·
Registered
14,381 Posts
There are 4 switches that have to be set based on your system. Easy to follow instructions ate included. If you screw it up it may give a black screen just unplug so it can reset and do it right. It doesn't cause spontaneous nav combustion.
LMFAO ok so I'll look for the V.3 then. I was going to get the V2 because of it but I'll take your word.... :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I had a lock pic in my 07 Escalade and I thought it was to much of a pain to use. Honestly once I git use to the nav and the limits as to when you can program I was fine without the lock pic. But then I liked the voice command with the nav unit in the caddy so i very seldom had to stop and enter directions.

·
Administrator
9,281 Posts
I had a lock pic in my 07 Escalade and I thought it was to much of a pain to use...
I don't know about the Escalade version, but in the WK the Lockpick is totally transparent, no user intervention required. Early version Lockpicks required you to quickly turn the power button on/off to engage the lockout feature.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I don't know about the Escalade version, but in the WK the Lockpick is totally transparent, no user intervention required. Early version Lockpicks required you to quickly turn the power button on/off to engage the lockout feature.
Exactly, if that has changed it might be a whole lot better. It was hard enough for me to figure out let alone show my very impatient wife what to do

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone have the lockpick working with the 430n yet .
I just installed it onto my 430n in a 2008 jeep jk. all is unlocked and functioning except for the nav. I still cannot enter addresses while moving. I plan to contact coastaltech on monday. They told me when i bought that it would work on the new RHB.

·
Registered
02, 06, 11, Jeeps
527 Posts
Try pressing the power button twice while on that screen and moving. It unlocks it for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts