Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'm sorry...but there is just no comparing the interior of an 09 to a WK2. Its like a night and day difference. I would never have purchased a GC before the WK2, they seriously went from last place in interior quality compared to other mainstream brands to maybe 3rd compared with luxury brands and being an award winner for best interior. Its pretty impressive.

Yes there is still hard plastic low on the dash and doors, you're going to have that in a vehicle at this price point. But, I come from a long line of driving luxury cars (you can see from my sig I also have a brand new Lexus GS) and the interior quality of the WK2 is very good, even in the Laredo X. Yes the trim is fake, I think its an okay looking fake, but again the Laredo is the base model.

Mine is nearly 2 years old and 26k in, everything has aged very well.

Reliability is okay, still not great compared with the Japanese, but mainly little issues.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
The wk interior like mine with leather appearance group isn't night and day from the new laredo x
LOL, thats just not an unbiased statement. The material quality in the WK is terrible. Among the worst economy car style plastic you ever see in a vehicle. Buddy of mine has a 2010 Overland...its sh!t inside. Just ask Scott the board admin, he has an 09 and a WK2 SRT and he'll be the first to say the same thing.

The Trailhawk model has a brushed trim.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yes the 13' does have the brushed trim but I cant find it anywhere for sale :-(
yeah I didn't even know it had it until I saw one in the showroom when I stopped off to see the 2014s. I'm sure they sell it, but I bet its $1k+

FAUEE said:
I considered a WK1 SRT8, but just couldn't bring myself to deal with the terrible interior. I tried to like it, I really did. I liked the rest of the vehicle, but the interior was just a deal killer.
Yes, I have always liked the idea of the Jeep, and the styling of the Jeep, and the go anywhere nature, but the quality of the interior for the cost always drove me away...until the WK2.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
LOL...okay. I've put 25,000 miles on one but you sat in one so you definitely know. A lot of people don't see a difference in a chuck round and a tenderloin roast either, doesn't mean there isn't a difference though.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
She said its not rugged and manly like my wk looks.... Im fine with that...may have alot of plastic on the inside but its great looking and its good knowing i have the grand cherokee with the most front and rear wheel travel. :D thanks for the comments though...appreciate it... Sounds like wk2's are aging well.
LOL, you're just a troll. Go back to the WK forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.