Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About ready to trade in my 17 Ram 1500 Sport (she's been my baby... lifted, steel bumpers, 20" w/ 35"s, etc) which has been my towing machine for our small camper (R-Pod 195) but I've owned 3x Grand Cherokee's previously and I can't wait to get back to another WK2. I'm shopping around for a '19 HA in White. I'm confident that the V8 will tow my little 4000lb camper just as well as my Ram has.

Loaded question, but any concerns with a 2-2.5" lift so that I can easily slip 33" or 35" tires under there and still tow smoothly? I only did a 3" lift on my Ram but with the combo of the oversized tires, lift, and drop hitch with the trailer, my MPG when towing has been around 8-10MPG. I'm hoping to keep my Jeep fairly stock with some simple, tasteful upgrades.

Can't wait to get back into Jeep ownership!

·
Super Moderator
8,796 Posts
Loaded question, but any concerns with a 2-2.5" lift so that I can easily slip 33" or 35" tires under there and still tow smoothly?
With the "WK2", a lift doesn't change the tire limits on the vehicle. You are limited to 32" tires, lift or no lift, unless you modify the pinch welds to squeeze 33s on. JGC isn't body on frame and the wheel wells are not large. And with the HA, you'll have the QuadraLift air suspension so no further "lifting" is available. At the highest "OR-II" level, you're limited to 25 mph. At the in-between "OR-I' Level, you're limited to 45 mph.

Lots of discussion on this kind of thing in the Suspension/Drivetrain/Wheels/Tires/Brakes sub-forum up above.

Reactions: mattb19us
1 - 2 of 2 Posts