Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm looking forward to being part of your community. I currently drive a 20007 Ford Sport Trac. It has 167000 miles on it. I've decided to look into getting a wk or wk2 with a Hemi to replace the Sport Trac. I like the fact that there is such a large after market for Jeep vehicles. I plan on doing a lift kit, wheel and tire package to my Jeep. I'm sure there is plenty of info on here about all that. If any of you are Grand Cherokee fans, chime in and tell me your preference wk or wk2. Thank you:)

·
Super Moderator
9,974 Posts
Welcome!

Technically both generations are "WK"...."WK2" is an internet invention merely to differentiate between them. For some reason Jeep didn't change the internal designation when the current platform debuted for MY11. But they are completely different vehicles in most every way. Both are nice and both can be modded, although the current generation has more limitations in that respect I think...you can confirm that by spending time in both the "WK" and "WK2" sections of this forum site which are the best places to ask questions about either over this "hey, I'm new and hello" area. :)

Personally, I'd favor the current generation. But keep in mind that if you want to lift, you'll be limited to the lower trim levels that do not have the QuadraLift air suspension. Again, spend some time in the targeted forum areas to explore your options.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts