Registered
543 Posts

·
Administrator
11,454 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Dealer cost on the lifetime, 100 deductable, 4x4 is @ 1875. I paid 1927. Just keep saying no thanks at delivery, they'll come down. I had the benifit of a new guy in the "closer" position. Can't complain.

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, they are legitimate. I bought mine from them in January.

BTW, it's an extended service contract, not an "extended warranty"... ;)
Can you explain that? Is it from Chrysler?

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer cost on the lifetime, 100 deductable, 4x4 is @ 1875. I paid 1927. Just keep saying no thanks at delivery, they'll come down. I had the benifit of a new guy in the "closer" position. Can't complain.
It's already been delivered and I said no.

·
Administrator
11,454 Posts
Can you explain that? Is it from Chrysler?
Yes, it's from Chrysler. If you read the description, it says "service contract", not "warranty". You are effectively pre-paying for service post-warranty with whatever deductible you choose and for the level of component coverage your select. If something breaks and needs repaired or replaced, you pay the deductible and the service contract handles the rest. Service is available from any Chrysler dealer service department...they just look up your VIN and your coverage will show in the vehicle record. Lifetime MaxCare covers most vehicle components post warranty, for example. It also provides some other benefits, including a rental car (even during warranty) for a defined period of time.

This is a very simplified and incomplete description, obviously...

·
Registered
11' OVERLAND HEMI
558 Posts
For me.... if I buy online I don't pay tax.... but at the dealer I have to.

·
Registered
2014 JGC Overland
225 Posts
If I buy contract from dealer in Florida or NC, will it retain its transferability to new owner if I sell it. I know the lifetime contract is non- transerable but I think I read it is transferable in FL and NC, or do I need to buy both contract and vehicle or live in those States for it to be transferable?

Thanks

·
Registered
772 Posts
If I buy contract from dealer in Florida or NC, will it retain its transferability to new owner if I sell it. I know the lifetime contract is non- transerable but I think I read it is transferable in FL and NC, or do I need to buy both contract and vehicle or live in those States for it to be transferable?

Thanks
I'm looking for this info too. Also can I cancel if I decide to turn it in at the end of the lease and choose not to buy it (the way it's going I will keep it but just in case).

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
After due consideration and the fact that for $100 I can change a lightbulb, I bought the Lifetime Added Care + instead of the MaxLife. Is $300-$500 less up front but still covers the big items (and a lot of smaller items). Just need to compare and see what makes sense for you.

To the best of my knowlege, in Florida it can be transferred.

Just make for sure and for certain it is through Chrysler (will be tied to your VIN at Chrysler).

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After due consideration and the fact that for $100 I can change a lightbulb, I bought the Lifetime Added Care + instead of the MaxLife.
Problem is, that light bulb might cost $150 :)

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Just for giggles, here's a quote from another forum from a fellow who had an accident, and a few parts prices. "The single most expensive part was RT/LT FRT Combination Lamp @ $1,120 each, followed by the wheels at $649 each." Now there's some expensive bulbs!

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just for giggles, here's a quote from another forum from a fellow who had an accident, and a few parts prices. "The single most expensive part was RT/LT FRT Combination Lamp @ $1,120 each, followed by the wheels at $649 each." Now there's some expensive bulbs!
That's exactly the thread I was thinking of when he said $100.00 for a bulb.

Mind you, that's the whole Lens assembly. But I'll bet some bulbs are very expensive.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

Thanks
Doesn't matter where you purchase the service contract, for it to be transferable you must have your vehicle registered in FL or NC. Many times you can avoid state sales tax if the service contract is purchased online!

1 - 20 of 189 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.