Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have factory led fog lights on my 2017 Limited. I’d like to add yellow fogs for the bad weather. What’s the best solution? Do I change out the factory leds or use some kind of laminx yellow film?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yellow Lam-in X will be you’re best bet as OEM factory led fogs do not have removable bulbs (the led’s are built into the housing). The OEM led fogs with yellow Lam-in X will be far superior to downgrading to halogen fog assemblies with aftermarket yellow H -11 halogen or LED bulbs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They don’t list them for the Grand Cherokee. Measure your lens diameter. They sell them pre cut round in different sizes. I want to do this on mine but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

·
Registered
789 Posts
It works great. I just did it to the factory LED fogs on my SRT. I got a universal kit, and just made a quick template of the lens with paper to mark and cut the film. Came out perfect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since a universal sheet is my only choice, is it possible to remove the led and lens from the housing to make it easier to lay a piece of lamin-x over it so it would be easier to trim the excess around it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes you can remove the whole fog lamp housing from the bumper cover easily. Pull back your fender liners to gain access and they will unsnap from the bumper. I still recommend measuring the diameter and ordering them pre cut round from Lamin X as they do sell them round in different diameters.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes you can remove the whole fog lamp housing from the bumper cover easily. Pull back your fender liners to gain access and they will unsnap from the bumper. I still recommend measuring the diameter and ordering them pre cut round from Lamin X as they do sell them round in different diameters.
I took your advice. I measured And contacted Lamin-x. They were super nice and helpful offering to cut me exactly the size I need. They should be coming this week and I’ll see how it works out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you don’t mind me asking what was the measurement you came up with. I need to order some for mine.
I took a very small tape measure across the center as best I could. I came up with 1.75”. i emailed them the size and the very nice woman at Lamin-x said order the 2 inch and email her the order number and that she would make sure the manufacturing people would cut me a pair in 1.75 inch.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I took a very small tape measure across the center as best I could. I came up with 1.75”. i emailed them the size and the very nice woman at Lamin-x said order the 2 inch and email her the order number and that she would make sure the manufacturing people would cut me a pair in 1.75 inch.
Thanks for the measurements. I’ve been too busy trying to nail down a winter set of rims and tires to measure mine. I’ll call lamin x tomorrow and order.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts