Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys looking to purchase a brand new 2018 Grand Cherokee, Altitude. Not too experienced purchasing cars, other than helping my gf (now wife), buy her hyundai. Which was stressful.

There is a few places by me with a sticker price of 40k, and some vague discount of up to 5k off.. what is a good target price to close on for this vehicle?

I have been wanting one for a while, and just got out of spending 5 days in the hospital with close to kidney failure from rhabdomyolysis.. figure it's time to enjoy life and stop waiting!

Attached is the sticker.

·
Super Moderator
9,938 Posts
Re: Looking to buy a new 2018 Altitude. How much did you pay?

A good deal would be 5-6% below invoice plus the benefit of any available incentives. That's how our forum Group Buy from Koons works.

·
Registered
2018 GC Summit 4x4
1,555 Posts

Use the sticky thread at the top of the page for MY18 to see all the invoice pricing.

Then do with Jim recommended. 5-6% below INVOICE (not msrp) plus any additional incentives offered by Jeep/dealership

·
Registered
2018 GC Summit 4x4
1,555 Posts

The "Group Buy" is a solo transaction. The group is just referring to being a member of Jeepgarage.

You dont actually have to be a part of a multiple person order. You can order it solo.

·
Super Moderator
9,938 Posts

Eagle, have Craig give you a price on a vehicle configured the way you want it...then you'll know what a good deal looks like and can either order from him or use it to judge prices from dealers in your geography.

Koons Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it's either a really good time to buy, or i picked the right place. Got it thr 18 Altitude with sun roof for almost 7% below invoice.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I just bought an Altitude with sunroof and upgraded speaker/amp package for $35,700. Sticker was 42 something. Felt like I got a good deal on it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, same here. Paid 38k out the door. Sticker was 42,500. Got the Altitude package 4x4, sunroof, upgraded speaker package, remote start, heated seats, steering wheel.. etc

Seems like a good time to buy.. wonder what the prices will be like after April 2nd.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Just checked the website of the dealer I am buying my JGC from and they are selling a new Limited MSRP 45,170 for 36,490. Dealer discount is 4680 and current Jeep rebate is 4000. I think for the Altitude the Jeep rebate is only 3000 right now. I think that is a very good deal.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice, dealers by me didn't advertise any dealer discounts for the limited, besides the Jeep rebate. But I know the cash incentives by Jeep are done April 2nd.

Get it now if you can. I know years ago, when I was considering getting a a Grand Cherokee, as the summer came the dealerships were picked over, and by mid to end, they seemed to not have much of a selection. So I bought early this time so i could get the one I wanted.. seemed to luck out with the cash/dealership incentives going on right now.

·
Super Moderator
9,938 Posts

Eagle', the concept of "dealer discount" isn't something you should be worried about. It's artificial and just marketing language that some dealers embrace and some dealers do not. Negotiate based on percent off invoice plus the benefit of available incentives. A good deal is going to be in the 5-6% (or better) below invoice plus the benefit of any available incentives.

·
Registered
GRAND CHEROKEE
4 Posts

I just bought mine, 2018 Altitude, sunroof, upgraded speaker package, for $32,900.00. Very good deal a think.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee ALT
7 Posts
Just bought my first jeep ever on the 2nd, picked it up on the 3rd. 2018 GC Altitude, Red velvet, 4x4, upgraded speaker package. Paid right at $35,500 out the door. I was happy with the price.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Or go through Costco if you don’t like negotiating. Not the best deal, but it’ll be a good price and no hassle negotiating.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts