Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I currently have a 2008 GRC with about 110000 miles on it. I am looking at the new Altitudes but have a few questions and was hoping someone could maybe offer some advice...
What do you think I can/should be getting for my 2008 as a trade in?
Altitude doesn't comes with a towing package, all I tow is a jet ski...if I just get an OEM tow hitch should that suffice?
How much could I probably get off from invoice price? The normal 5-6% plus incentives?

Thanks in advance...any other points or tips would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
Limited 4x4
1,057 Posts
I've been looking around here as well. The best deals I could find on new '18 Altitudes, are 6-$7K off sticker around here. You should be fine adding a hitch later - although I believe this lowers the max tow rating (used to). A jet ski should be no problem. Check KBB, Edmunds, and NADA for your trade-in value, and average all 3.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee
212 Posts
Hey all, I currently have a 2008 GRC with about 110000 miles on it. I am looking at the new Altitudes but have a few questions and was hoping someone could maybe offer some advice...
What do you think I can/should be getting for my 2008 as a trade in?
Altitude doesn't comes with a towing package, all I tow is a jet ski...if I just get an OEM tow hitch should that suffice?
How much could I probably get off from invoice price? The normal 5-6% plus incentives?

Thanks in advance...any other points or tips would be much appreciated!
I looked up the Factory Tow package...it seems it's just a bolt on that is similar to the aftermarket one's, only it has you cut out the hole in the bumper cover and comes with a nice trim piece. Whereas the AM ones just peak out from underneath the bumper, giving you less of a factory look and also less ground clearance there.

The install for the factory, even with removing the rear bumper cover, looks pretty easy. It's the wiring that I still need to research. Is it a plug and play kit? Anyone know?

·
Super Moderator
9,991 Posts
I looked up the Factory Tow package...it seems it's just a bolt on that is similar to the aftermarket one's, only it has you cut out the hole in the bumper cover and comes with a nice trim piece. Whereas the AM ones just peak out from underneath the bumper, giving you less of a factory look and also less ground clearance there.

The install for the factory, even with removing the rear bumper cover, looks pretty easy. It's the wiring that I still need to research. Is it a plug and play kit? Anyone know?
Factory tow is more than just the hitch receiver which indeed does bolt integral to the rear bumper. While the contents of Factory Tow vary with trim level, engine, etc, in general, there's additions/improvements to electrical, cooling, suspension, etc., to support towing with the JGC to the full manufacturer capacity.

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee
212 Posts
Factory tow is more than just the hitch receiver which indeed does bolt integral to the rear bumper. While the contents of Factory Tow vary with trim level, engine, etc, in general, there's additions/improvements to electrical, cooling, suspension, etc., to support towing with the JGC to the full manufacturer capacity.
That's a good point. I think you lose like 500 lbs of capacity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts