Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just acquired a 2014 GC for my wife replacing her 05 Liberty. Now I knew that the vehicle had a repair in the past but upon better inspection it wasn't the best.
They replaced the lower grille with a standard one blocking the forward radar so I ordered the proper lower grille insert and bezel.
Went to install it and for whatever reason it does not fit, the tabs do not line up and they don't even reach. Scoured the internet looking at pics but I can not seem to come to any conclusion why the chrome surround will not accept the honeycomb insert. It looks like I need an insert to accept the insert?
I've attached pics so maybe someone here can be helpful, the dealer was not. My only theory is that the chrome surround is aftermarket to accept a different insert all together. Anyone got pics of theirs?

Current chrome grille and wrong insert (the wrong insert doesn't fit either)

Close up of honeycomb insert and tabs, they don't line up and they don't reach.

Correct insert for 2014 (Mopar part) but these tabs still don't match and they don't reach

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see lots of eyes on this post but no one has a 2014 Grand Cherokee with a chrome surround for the lower grille that can provide me with photos and even some dims between tabs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts