Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 GC Overland with air/nitrogen suspension. My question is: is there a way to set the normal ride height lower, say 3-4 inches. Yes I know you can hit the low/ park button when the jeep is moving and it lowers but when ever the speed increases above 28-30 the Jeep goes back up. I would like the Jeep to be lower constantly, it never goes off road so that is not a factor. Is lowering possible without doing mechanical changes? What I mean is it possible to do through the suspension control unit?
Thanks in advance Jim.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
229 Posts
No. If you have an air suspension you're stuck at its mercy unless you replace it for a non air suspension system and even then dropping it 3-4" is a ton and you would have to get smaller wheels/tires for starters and who knows what else you'll need suspension wise. The Jeep is built to drive at a certain ride height, anything higher/lower can cause issues overtime. Normal height is approx 8.8" on the JGC and I don't think any SUV has a 4-5" ride height ha. Sounds like you should own a different vehicle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts