Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Grand Cherokee
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i'm thinking about lowering my 2004 wj. i know there are two different lowering kits that put you down to different heights. i'm not sure exactly which one i would get. i'm probably going to be getting 18x9 inch rims to go along with it. what size tire do you guys recommend i should get?

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
what size are your stock wheels and tires?

·
Registered
2004 Grand Cherokee
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my stock tires are 225/75/r16

i want 18s because they are easier to afford and im not trying to be flashy or anything. i like being low key and un noticable.

·
Registered
918 Posts
There are actually 3 drop spring kits for the WJ. Here are their specs:

Eibach: 1" front - 1.3" rear
H&R: 2" front - 1.8" rear
Groundforce: 2" front - 2" rear

The choice is yours...all depends on what you want...I have Eibach's on my WJ and really like them...I have thought about going lower.....but I dunno...lol...

As far as tires for a 18x9...I would say like a 265/60/18 or a 275/55/18....

What kinda wheels are you looking at, got a pic?

·
Registered
2004 Grand Cherokee
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im getting Dick Cepek DC1s that are "black."

so wait, the 275/55/R18 will be about 30x10, that won't rub if i lower the jeep, no matter which kit i do?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Those would look pretty cool..just make sure you have the right bolt pattern, and offset...dont' want those bad boys to stick out...unless thats what you want... :)

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
theres a tire calculator here...enter your stock tire size to get the overall diamter and then try to stay close to that with the 18" tires and you should be golden

·
Registered
2004 Grand Cherokee
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright. thanks guys. whenever i get the money to get everything going you'll see pics!

and i'll have updated pics soon, whenever my friend gets a chances to put pics online.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.