Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

lowering springs vs bc coilovers

11K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Weedwaka 
Never did lowering springs but have had both brands of coil overs (K Sport and BC). This review is based on me setting my ride height at 31" from ground to center of wheel well

The K sport were way too soft in the front and bottomed out more than the BCs even though they were set to full firm. They even did this on the road course I usually run at. The rears of the K Sport were fine but to adjust the shock you had to take it out and measure the shaft with a load on it and take it out and screw it in or out to set properly.

Same height on the BCs. The fronts are better but not perfect. I still bottom out but not as often and still have 3-4 more adjustments on the damper setting. The springs haven't sagged at all. The ride is firm so if you plan on going lower you will more than likely have to firm it up even more. The rears are almost the opposite. They are on the opposite side of the spectrum and are almost set to full soft. I believe I have about 3-4 more adjustments to full soft. The rear springs did sag about 1/4" or so.

Install is as easy as changing out the originals. On the fronts the whole assembly is removed and replaced and the rears is actually the same setup as stock but with an extra piece added. Make sure you pull the bump stop and the bump stop tower for the rears.

Good luck in your decision.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.