Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased aftermarket AR928 wheels for my 2019 Tralhawk 6cyl. The wheels came with ugly 12x1.25 zinc chrome colored lug bolts 30mm shaft. I would like black bolts but can only find 12x1.25 in 28mm or 33mm. How can I find out if either would be safe?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome to the site, Shelsinger. Renegade Trailhawk correct?

28mm works for this application - you can confirm that by checking the amount of turns the bolts move, which is 7 full turns for proper thread engagement.

Also, you'll want to make sure the kit you select is smaller diameter to fit the recessed lug holes utilized by the wheel and that the bolts are conical seat.

We offer a lug bolt kit in black finish for only $55.00 if you're interested; the kit includes 20 lug nuts and key.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the site, Shelsinger. Renegade Trailhawk correct?

28mm works for this application - you can confirm that by checking the amount of turns the bolts move, which is 7 full turns for proper thread engagement.

Also, you'll want to make sure the kit you select is smaller diameter to fit the recessed lug holes utilized by the wheel and that the bolts are conical seat.

We offer a lug bolt kit in black finish for only $55.00 if you're interested; the kit includes 20 lug nuts and key.
thanks for the reply! I have a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 6cyl. Tire Rack wouldn’t confirm I could use any other bolt than what they gave me (they supplied 12x1.25 30mm thread bolts) even though I specifically asked if I could use 28mm or 33mm. I am worried if I use 27mm, they will be too short, but I can try and see if I can get 7 full turns. 33mm may be too long and I don't want to damage anything. Thanks again for your response

1 - 4 of 4 Posts