Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with 20" rims. I was ASSURED that these Gorilla lug nuts would work. They look NOTHING like what is on the car...and when I took one OEM lug off...and tried to put this one on...NO WAY...not going on...and I don't want to force it. I tried the mopar site. What is the FACTORY lug nut style and size for 2014 JGC Overland. Driving me crazy and just wasted another $50!

Thanks.

Here is what I purchased and was ASSURED would fit. NOT! :)

Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 71681NBC Acorn Black Chrome Wheel Locks (1/2" Thread Size): Automotive

and

Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 91187BC Acorn Bulge Seat Black Chrome Lug Nuts (1/2" Thread Size): Automotive

Help is Apprecited very much!

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir...I knew 14mm x1.5...and that's what these Gorillas are supposed to be...but they don't go on. So would you explain what the difference between 1.5 and 1/2" is? What lugs WILL fit.

Thank you very much.

· Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,883 Posts
Yes sir...I knew 14mm x1.5...and that's what these Gorillas are supposed to be...but they don't go on. So would you explain what the difference between 1.5 and 1/2" is? What lugs WILL fit.

Thank you very much.
14 Millimeters = 0.55118110236 Inches

What will fit is what you said you knew, 14mm x 1.5

· Registered
543 Posts
The wheel studs are metric and correct size is M14x1.5.
Incorrect information of 1/2"x 20 SAE for WK2 wheel studs has been published on the WK2jeeps.com website.

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the great knowledge. Can someone point me to a link that shows the EXACT lug nuts (black) that I need to purchase for my 2014 JGC Overland, before I waste any more money? What is the SIZE, TITLE, SHAPE of the factory lug nut for a noob like me? Thank you in advance!!!

· Registered
4x4 LTD
236 Posts
People often get confused about diff between mm and SAE threads. I have a set of thread gauges and dial calipers to verfy what i am looking at. With MM there are different thread pitches standard with each MM size. For 14mm there are 3 thread pitches but the most standard used are 1.25 and 1.5. Measure your wheel lugs.

· Registered
543 Posts
People often get confused about diff between mm and SAE threads. I have a set of thread gauges and dial calipers to verfy what i am looking at. With MM there are different thread pitches standard with each MM size. For 14mm there are 3 thread pitches but the most standard used are 1.25 and 1.5. Measure your wheel lugs.
X2, even WK2jeeps.com is confused! They incorrectly list the lug size as 1/2"x20 when it should be M14x1.5.:(

· Registered
543 Posts
That posting on WK2jeeps is what messed me up with the gorilla lugs....shipped them back to Amazon.
Messed me up too!:mad: Now I have a set of 1/2"x20 SAE lug nuts of no use to me! lol:(
I looked for contact information for WK2jeeps.com and could not find any way to contact them so I'm sure the bad info is still there.:slapfight:

· Lifer: Old Geezer
Overland
4,607 Posts
The wheel studs are metric and correct size is M14x1.5.
Incorrect information of 1/2"x 20 SAE for WK2 wheel studs has been published on the WK2jeeps.com website.
For the original poster, try a local Discount Tire/Americas Tire.

Dunno about the ones in your area, but the local ones here have pretty good selections of lug nuts, and the good part is they can test ONE before wasting your money.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.